These are the best Copycat Chick Fil A cookies ever! They are soft, chewy, and taste even better than the real thing! They are made with double the chocolate, and oats, and even have some honey mixed in there. They are just perfect.
I know you will also love this Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade Copycat Recipe too since you’re here. Try it out and let me know your thoughts!
Chik Fil A cookies are one of the most addictive things ever. They are so simple yet so delicious, and I was determined to crack the code for you!
I mean every time I go to that famous chicken restaurant, I have to grab a sweet treat after my chicken sandwich, and more often than not it’s gonna be this honey oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
This is the best Chick-Fil-A chocolate chip cookies
But I would be lying if I said that I wouldn’t love to have these in my house so I can have them anytime the cravings hit.
With this recipe, I can do just that. I always have some of these cookies on hand because they stay so so soft for so long!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s a one-bowl recipe.
- This recipe is a no-chill recipe, meaning you can enjoy them way faster!
- It tastes better than the Chick-Fil-A cookie, and I say this confidently.
- This recipe will also help you save a ton of money in the long run!
How does a Chik Fil A cookie taste like?
Chick Fil A chocolate chip cookies are slightly thick cookies packed with milk chocolate chunks and semi-sweet chocolate chunks too. It is buttery and has just the right amount of oats to make it stand out as opposed to any other chocolate chip cookie.
Ingredients for this Chick-Fil-A cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this chocolate chunk copycat cookie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar– This cookie uses a mixture of sugars to get them to have the perfect consistency and texture.
- Shortening & butter– Chik-Fil-A actually uses shortening in their cookies so we are using a mixture of butter flavored Crisco as well as butter to give these the perfect texture.
- Honey – This is the secret ingredient that will add a nice depth of flavor here.
- Egg– This will be the binding agent of our cookies.
- Vanilla extract- Vanilla pairs so well with the honey flavors of this cookie.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this cookie recipe.
- Oats– A little old-fashioned oats go a long way in this recipe.
- Baking powder & baking soda– These will give our cookies a little extra height.
- Salt– Always use a little salt in your baked goods to balance out the sweetness of your cookies.
- Chocolate chunks – Use milk chocolate chunks and semi-sweet chocolate chunks to get that iconic Chick Fil A flavor.
How to make Chick-Fil-A chocolate chip cookies
This is how you can make these delicious Chick Fil A cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, shortening, and sugar together until creamy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and honey, and mix just until combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, oats, and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, cover the bowl, and chill for 1 hour or overnight.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake.
- Let the cookies cool down and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Do you chill the cookie dough before baking?
You can make this recipe with both chilled or unchilled dough. I prefer the child dough method because it results in cookies that are a tad bit thicker since the chilling allows the flour to absorb more liquid. It also allows the flavors of the chocolate chunk cookies to develop even more.
If you decide to make these cookies without chilling the dough, bake them for 1-2 minutes less.
How to store these Chick Fil A cookies?
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. You can also pop them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Once you’re ready to enjoy them pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them ooey gooey again and enjoy!
Can I freeze CFA chocolate chunk cookies?
Yes! You can also freeze these baked cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Once you’re ready to enjoy them thaw them in the fridge overnight or on the countertop for less.
My favorite way to thaw these is to pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy them!
Can I make mini Chick Fil A cookies?
Yes, you can! Instead of making 16 larger cookies, you will be able to make 32 smaller ones. Instead of baking them for 13-14 minutes, bake them for 10 minutes instead.
Chick-Fil-A chocolate chip cookies
If you made these Chick Fil A cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Chick Fil A Chocolate chip cookies copycat
- ½ cup shortening butter flavored
- ½ cup butter softened, salted or unsalted
- 1 & ¼ cup dark brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg at room temperature
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cup AP flour
- ¾ cup Old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chunks
- Cream the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until combined.
- Add in the eggs, honey, and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- Fold in the dry ingredients, flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt just until the flour mixture disappears. Mix in the chocolate chunks until evenly distributed. Cover the bowl, and chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and line a baking sheet with parchement paper then set aside.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 16 large cookies. Split in half then mash together again with the ragged edge on top. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-13minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
How to store these Chick Fil A cookies?These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. You can also pop them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Once you’re ready to enjoy them pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them ooey gooey again and enjoy!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!