Easy Oreo chocolate chip cookies- Soft, chewy, and packed with all the mix-ins your heart desires. This recipe makes large cookies that have a soft and chewy center, crispy edges, chopped Oreos and extra chocolate chips on top for a dramatic look that everyone will love!
Love Oreos? Check out Single Serve Oreo Mcflurry McDonald’s recipe, 4th of July Oreos Dipped in White Chocolate, The best Crumbl Oreo Birthday Cake Cookies, and even Golden Oreo Truffles with Cream cheese!
I know there are tons of Oreo chocolate chip cookies online, but I strongly believe that this is one of the best ones! Even my friends, the craziest Oreo lover said that they were winners!
This is the perfect cookie recipe.
I adapted it from my small batch of classic chocolate chip cookies that everyone raves about.
Instead of having it be small batch, I increased the batch, added some extra moisture to i, packed it with chocolate chips, and chopped Oreos to add some extra oomph to them! Don’t believe me? Try them for yourself!
Why you need to make this recipe?
- This recipe takes classic cookies and transforms them into a work of art!
- It is packed with chocolate chips and Oreo chunks to take it to the next level!
- Each cookie is large, soft and chewy in the center, and crunchy on the outside.
- You probably already have most of these ingredients on hand, so try it out 🙂
- No chilling required!
Did I convince you that these will become your favorite cookies yet?
Ingredients for this chocolate chip Oreo cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use salted or unsalted butter as long as it’s at room temperature.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar- This combination of sugars will give our cookies the perfect texture.
- Egg – Use one egg at room temperature for this.
- Vanilla extract– This will add extra depth to our cookies.
- Flour– All-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Baking soda– Baking soda is our leavening agent. It will give some height to the cookies.
- Salt– Always add a little salt to the cookies to balance out the sweetness.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips– Use good quality chocoalte chips
- Oreo cookies- Make sure that your crushed Oreos or Oreo pieces are not double stuff. That would mess up the consistency of our cookies.
How to make these Oreo cookies?
This is how you can make Oreo cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and gently fold until the flour mixture disappears and soft dough forms.
- Mix in the Oreo crumbs and chunks as well as the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks then using a large cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, top with more chopped Oreos and chocolate chips, and bake in the preheated oven.
- Let the cookies cool down on a cooling rack before digging in.
Pro-tip, top with some flaky sea salt for a sweet and salty treat.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store Oreo chocolate chip cookies?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them all melty again before enjoying them with a tall glass of milk.
How to freeze Oreo chocolate chip cookies?
You can free them in an air tight container or a freezer bag / ziplock bag for up to 2 months.
Thaw in the fridge overnight or pop them in the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying.
Why are my cookies not spreading?
If your cookies aren’t spread, you might’ve added too much flour. Make sure to measure your flour properly to keep them from not spreading.
Use the scoop and level method or a kitchen scale preferably.
Help, my cookies are spreading too much!
This recipe is made with regular Oreos so make sure not to use double Stuff Oreos. The extra filling in the cookie will mix with the cookie dough and make the cookies spread too much.
From this recipe you can get a ton of fun variations, here are some of my favorites:
- Mini Oreos– Decorate the cookie with mini Oreos before baking for a super cute and delicious cookie!
- White chocolate chips– Use white chocolate chips instead of the regular semi-sweet chocolate chips for a fun cookies n’ cream cookies twist.
- Chocolate chunks/mini chocolate chips- Using a variety of chocolate chips will make the final cookies so much more enjoyable!
Can I make an ice cream sandwich with these cookies?
You sure can! They are large and in charge, perfect for holding together your favorite ice cream in the center. My tip would be to underbake them a little if you are trying to make ice cream sandwiches with them to keep them soft and chewy.
How to make Gluten Free Oreo chocolate chip cookies?
With this recipe, all you would have to do is use 1:1 gluten free flour and gluten free Oreos to transform it. Thank God they’re so easily accessible nowadays at most grocery stores.
Oreo chocolate chip cookies recipe
The Best Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter Slightly softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 7 Oreo cookies roughly chopped, regular stuffed (NOT DOUBLE STUFFED
- Preheat the oven to 350F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together. I did so using my spatula.
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix everything is smooth and well incorporated.
- Add in the dry ingredients over the wet ingredient mixture, starting with the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Stir just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and Oreo pieces then using a large cookie scooper (¼ cup- 4 tbsp), scoop our the cookie dough to create 10 equal cookies.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 13 minutes. Don't worry if they look underdone or gooey in the middle. That's what we want, they will continue to bake even after you pull them out of the oven to cool.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Hola, me encanto la receta, pero tengo problemas con el horneo.
Me quedan blancas en la parte superior, que pudo pasar?
Hola! Tal vez los ingredientes no se mezclaron completamente.
Is there something that I can substitute the egg with?
I haven’t made these cookies without eggs unfortunately. So I wouldn’t be able to tell you an exact way to substitute those.
it was my first time ever making cookies and it was the best cookies I’ve ever tasted. The recipe is sooo easy.Thank you very much it was delicious
No problem! Glad your cookies came out good 😁
Incredible cookies! I made a double batch. When they came out of the oven, I used the circle cookie cutter hack from your other recipes to get them more circular again and thick in the middle. Even better the next day!
So happy to hear you enjoyed them!
Big hit at the party! Everyone loved them! I wish I doubled the recipe!
YAY! Happy to hear they went down a hit Micaela!