These chocolate chip no bake cookie dough bars are made with a safe-to-eat chocolate chip cookie dough and then topped with a rich and creamy chocolate ganache. These are perfect for potlucks, birthdays, and even barbecues. No need to turn on your fridge, throw everything together, chill in the fridge and enjoy!
Since you’re here I know a few more deserts that will satisfy your sweet tooth! Try these regular chocolate chip cookies, the best edible peanut butter cookie dough, the cutest sugar edible cookie dough recipe, and even these lazy girl brownie cookies!
This is the best No bake cookie dough bar recipe
If you’ve ever had a craving for chocolate chip cookie dough then this is the dessert for you. Made with a simple safe to eat vanilla cookie dough with a ton of mini chocolate chips mixed up in there, then topped with a smooth chocolate layer.
It looks super cute and appealing and tastes out of this world, especially for cookie dough lovers.
So next time you aren’t in the mood to bake treats, you can just opt for these no-bake cookie dough bars, made with simple ingredients that everyone will love!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This recipe requires no oven!
- It combines cookie dough and chocolate in one of the tastiest ways ever.
- This raw cookie dough uses heat-treated flour making it safer to eat.
- It can be made for BBQs, picnics, birthday parties, or large holiday gatherings to satisfy everyone.
- These bars can be cut smaller and used in ice cream or as Christmas box fillers.
- My favorite part is that they are so so easy to make
Ingredients for this safe-to-eat cookie dough bar recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these no bake cookie dough bars. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– Use softened butter for this recipe, either salted or unsalted works great.
- Brown sugar– The brown sugar will help sweeten as well as give that nice chocolate chip cookie dough flavor to our bars.
- Sweetened condensed milk– This will be both our binding agent and our white sugar instead of eggs and granulated sugar.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract will add a nice depth of flavor to our recipe and make it really taste like chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Flour– We all be using all-purpose flour for this recipe. it will be heat treated to get rid of any harmful bacteria.
- Salt- A little salt will help balance out the sweetness of this dessert.
- Chocolate chips– The chocolate will be used for our chocolate topping layer so make sure you’re using good quality chocolate for the best flavor.
- Heavy cream- Heavy cream will help thin out our chocolate for a fudgy ganache topping.
How to make chocolate chip cookie dough bars
This is how you can make this no-bake recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and whisk.
- Mix the heat-treated flour and salt into the wet ingredients.
- Fold the mini chocolate chip into our egg-free cookie dough.
- Spread onto a parchment paper-lined square baking pan.
Make the chocolate ganache.
- Melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir every 30 seconds then heat again if it’s not fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the top of the cookie dough and spread into an even layer.
- Optional step, sprinkle some sea salt on the melted chocolate before filling for some sweet and salty goodness.
- Chill in the fridge.
- Slice into small squares and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
HOW TO HEAT TREAT FLOUR?
- Bake the flour at 350F for 5 minutes before letting it cool then using it in your edible cookie dough recipe is a must. This technique will eliminate any harmful bacteria that could be in the flour.
- Microwave the AP flour in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals until it reaches 165F. About 1 minute and 15-30 seconds. Stir in between every time.
How to store edible cookie dough bars?
You can store these CC cookie dough bars in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Can I make this dairy-free?
You sure can! Instead of regular butter, use vegan butter. Instead of regular sweetened condensed milk, use coconut-sweetened condensed milk. Then instead of regular chocolate chips, use dairy-free chocolate chips, and instead of heavy cream use coconut cream.
The flavor will change a tad bit but it will still be delicious!
How to freeze for later?
You can freeze any leftovers you have in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. I like to slice tiny cookie dough bar bites and freeze them for a super easy grab-and-go sweet treat.
No bake chocolate chip cookie bars
No bake chocolate chip cookie dough bars
- ½ cup butter salted or unsalted, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup AP flour heat treated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, and sugar together until smooth then add in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until the dry mixture disappears. Fold in the mini chocolate chips then spread into the prepared 8×8 baking sheet
- In a medium bowl, melt the milk chocolate chips and the heavy cream in the microwave mixing every 30 seconds.
- Pour over the cookie dough and spread it into an even layer. Cover the pan with saran wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Lift the cookie dough out of the pan with the parchment paper, set it on a cutting board, slice it into 16 squares or smaller, and enjoy!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment