These delicious mint Oreo brownies are the perfect St Patrick’s day dessert. Made with a super fudge brownie base and packed with a ton of mint Oreos instead of the regular Oreos. This is the perfect recipe for all the chocolate mint lovers out there!
This is the best Mint Oreo Brownie recipe
If you love anything mint chocolate then. you came to the right place. This one has a an added bonus with the extra brownies mixed in there.
It uses an extra fudge homemade brownies recipe with a layer or mint creme brownies in the center and some more crushed Oreo pieces on top. Try it and let me know how you like this recipe!
Why doyou need to make this recipe?
- It’s a simple recipe that will turn out delicious every time!
- This recipe is perfect for any of your St Patty’s parties.
- It’s a fun recipe to get your little ones involves in making with you!
- This recipe would also be perfect around Christmas time especially if you also add in some chopped candy canes in the batter.
Ingredients for this Oreo mint brownie recipe.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these mint Oreo brownies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Oil– I used vegetable oil for this but feel free to use canola oil or even coconut oil.
- Granulated sugar & brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Flour – A little all purpose flour goes a long way in this recipe.
- Cocoa powder– I like to use Dutch-process cocoa powder, but any unsweetened cocoa powder would work here, just make sure you are using high-quality cocoa powder.
- Mint Oreos – The mint flavor from the Oreos pairs so well with these fudge brownies. It has the perfect amount of chocolate to mint flavors.
Here are some fun variations to add to your brownie recipe:
- Mixing in some Andes Mints chocolates into the brownie batter would be a great way to take your brownies to a new level. Turn these into delicious Andes mint Oreo brownies!
- Add in white chocolate chips or even milk chocolate chips in the batter to make it that much more chocolatey!
- Add about ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract to the brownie batter for an even stronger mint flavor.
How to make these St Patrick’s Day Oreo Brownies?
This is how you can make mint Oreo brownies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter, oil, brown sugar, and white sugar together.
- Whisk well until combined then add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Add layer of mint oreo cookies on top of the brownie base then cover with the remaining batter. We are using whole Oreos and some sliced-in-half Oreos for this step.
- Sprinkle the chopped-up remaining Oreos on top and bake in the preheated oven.
- Allow the brownies to cool down fully before slicing into them.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
HOW TO STORE THESE OREO BROWNIES?
For best results store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days for a quick grab-and-go sweet treat. The best way to have them last longer though would be to chill them in the fridge in an airtight container for longer. Make sure to get them to room temperature before enjoying
CAN FREEZE THESE EXTRA FUDGY BROWNIES?
Absolutely! Pop them in an airtight container and in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can let them thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours. My favorite way to enjoy them since I am very impatient is to pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them gooey again and let that rich chocolate flavor shine through again.
CAN I ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS TO MY LAYERED Mint OREO BROWNIES?
If you don’t think the whole Oreos in the center is enough, feel free to mix in ⅓ cup of your favorite semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. Just make sure you are using high-quality ingredients!
I DO NOT HAVE A MICROWAVE, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
No microwave, no problem. You can melt all of your ingredients in a double boiler. This will give you the same results without a microwave. Just make sure to heat the mixture well, once it boils allow it to stay on the heat for another 2 minutes to let the sugar dissolve.
HOW CAN I TAKE THESE Mint Oreo BROWNIES TO THE NEXT LEVEL?
If you want to make even more of a show-stopping dessert, bake the brownies, allow them to cool down fully then top them with a thick layer of mint frosting or even vanilla frosting with green food coloring mixed in there, then top with some chocolate ganache or even some chocolate frosting and an extra layer of Oreos to create that super impressive dessert!
HOW CAN I GET THE PERFECT BROWNIE SLICES?
Tip number one is to always allow your brownies to cool down fully, I let mine cool down for 8 hours before I sliced them here for the photos! The next tip is to use a sharp knife to slice them. If you want to be a little extra dip your knife in a tall glass of warm water to heat up the blade a little bit, wipe it with a piece of paper towel then slice into your brownies! Let me know if these hacks worked for you in the comments.
Fudge Mint Oreo Brownies
Mint Oreo brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, oil, and both sugars, together in 30-second intervals mixing in between every time. Once fully melted microwave for another 1 minute and stir vigorously to allow the sugar to melt fully. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer here is best.⅔ cup butter, ¼ cup vegetable oil, 1 cup granulated sugar, ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time then add in the vanilla. You want the batter to pull from the bowl a little bit.2 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt and fold just until combined.½ teaspoon salt, ½ cup all purpose flour, ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- Pour half of the batter into the parchment paper-lined baking pan and spread evenly.
- Place the Oreos in the center of the batter (see photo) then top with the rest of the brownie batter and spread to cover.15 mint Oreos
- Top with the 5 crushed Oreos and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool down fully on a wire rack before slicing into them for the perfect square crinkle top slice every time.