This easy and delicious Halloween Oreo brownies are the ultimate Halloween sweet treat. It is made with the best fudgy brownie base and filled with Halloween Oreos both in the center as well as on top of the brownie. It is simple enough to make but impressive enough to have them fly off the table at your next Halloween party.
This is the best Halloween brownies recipe!
If you’re here, you probably are looking for amazingly wicked Halloween treats and I got you covered with just that! This recipe made a super fudgy brownie that is filled with those spooky Halloween Oreos in the center and even has some more on top of the brownies for good measure.
It is made with simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand of can easily get from the grocery store. Trust me when I tell you this will be the start of the show!
Why do you need to make this recipe!
- These rich brownies are so easy to make and will be the start of your next Halloween party.
- This recipe is the perfect fun treat to make with your little ones because it doesn’t require any special skills!
- This is the perfect dessert for Oreo loves as well as chocolate lovers!
- This delicious treat works for every season too! Just change up the Oreo color of flavor that you use.
Ingredients for this easy Halloween brownie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this Halloween Oreo stuffed brownie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Vegetable Oil
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Halloween Oreos – Yes! Those delicious Halloween Oreo cookies that have the orange filling in the center.
How to make Halloween Oreo brownie bars
This is how you can make these spooky Oreo brownies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter, oil, brown sugar, and white sugar together.
- Whisk well until combined then add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the 8×8 inch parchment paper-lined baking pan.
- Add the Oreos on top of the brownie batter then cover with the rest of the batter. We are using whole Oreos and some sliced-in-half Oreos for this step.
- Sprinkle the chopped-up remaining Oreos on top and bake in the preheated oven.
- Allow the brownies to cool down fully before slicing into them.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
HOW TO STORE THESE Halloween OREO BROWNIES?
For best results store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days for a quick grab-and-go sweet treat. The best way to have them last longer though would be to chill them in the fridge in an airtight container for longer. Make sure to get them to room temperature before enjoying
CAN FREEZE THESE EXTRA FUDGY BROWNIES?
Absolutely! Pop them in an airtight container and in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can let them thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours. My favorite way to enjoy them since I am very impatient is to pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them gooey again and let that rich chocolate flavor shine through again.
CAN I ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS TO MY LAYERED Halloween OREO BROWNIES?
Yes! Feel free to mix in ⅓ cup of your favorite semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. Just make sure you are using high-quality ingredients!
I DO NOT HAVE A MICROWAVE, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
No microwave, no problem. You can melt all of your ingredients in a double boiler. This will give you the same results without a microwave. Just make sure to heat the mixture well, once it boils allow it to stay on the heat for another 2 minutes to let the sugar dissolve.
How can I take these Halloween brownies to the next level?
If you want to make even more of a show-stopping dessert, bake the brownies, allow them to cool down fully then top them with a thick layer of orange frosting or even vanilla frosting them top with some chocolate ganache or even some chocolate frosting and an extra layer of Oreos to create that super impressive dessert!
How can I get the perfect brownie slices?
Tip number one is to always allow your brownies to cool down fully, I let mine cool down for 8 hours before I sliced them here for the photos! The next tip is to use a sharp knife to slice them. If you want to be a little extra dip your knife in a tall glass of warm water to heat up the blade a little bit, wipe it with a piece of paper towel then slice into your brownies! Let me know if these hacks worked for you in the comments.
The best spooky Halloween Oreo brownies ever!
Halloween Oreo stuffed brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, oil, and both sugars, together in 30-second intervals mixing in between every time. Once fully melted microwave for another 1 minute and stir vigorously to allow the sugar to melt fully. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer here is best.⅔ cup butter, ¼ cup vegetable oil, 1 cup granulated sugar, ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time then add in the vanilla. You want the batter to pull from the bowl a little bit.2 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt and fold just until combined.½ teaspoon salt, ½ cup all purpose flour, ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- Pour half of the batter into the parchment paper-lined baking pan and spread evenly.
- Place the Oreos in the center of the batter (see photo) then top with the rest of the brownie batter and spread to cover.15 Oreos
- Top with the 5 crushed Oreos and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool down fully on a wire rack before slicing into them for the perfect square crinkle top slice every time.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!