This cinnamon sugar toast is the ultimate lazy girl dessert. It is so easy to make and costs close to nothing, making it perfect to make for large crowds on a budget. Of course, this can also be made for just yourself on late nights when you just need a quick little delicious snack.
Since you are here make sure to check out these drinks to go with your homemade cinnamon sugar toast! This Starbucks salted caramel cream cold brew is delish, maybe this iced matcha latte, or even this pumpkin spice cream cold brew.
This is the best sugar cinnamon toast recipe ever!
I think we can all remember those delicious memories when we were enjoying cinnamon sugar toast or even just regular sugar toast.
It was buttery, soft, and crunchy at the same time thanks to all that rich melted butter and caramelized sugar.
Cooked to golden brown perfection every time, it was the snack or dessert that you found yourself craving on a regular basis because it was that good! Well today, I will show you exactly how to recreate it and make it even better than you remember with simple ingredients that you most likely already have on hand.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s the most perfect comfort food ever!
- This buttery goodness has the perfect cinnamon sugar ratio to create a flavorful crust every time.
- It’s super versatile and can be made with very cheap ingredients.
- This snack or dessert would be perfect with your morning cup of coffee or with a cup of tea.
- This recipe is so fast, that it will only take you about 5 minutes from start to finish!
- It’s easy to make larger batches of this sugar toast recipe to feed a crowd on the holidays!
Is this similar to French toast?
Somewhat but not really. French toast usually takes thick slices of bread and dips them in custard made out of eggs and milk as the main ingredients before you cook them in a buttered pan while this cinnamon sugar toast is only made out of cinnamon sugar butter spread on toast then toasted to perfection.
Ingredients for this crunchy cinnamon toast
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this delicious cinnamon sugar toast. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Thick slices of bread, Japanese milk bread or brioche are preferred but your bread of choice will also work. I have made this with white bread
- Brown sugar and granulated sugar
- Butter – I like to use salted butter but unsalted butter will also work just fine As long as it’s room-temperature butter you should be good!
- A pinch of salt
Here are a few fun ways to take your dessert to the next level.
- Use a seasoning blend that really fits you! Try mixing things together to create your favorite blend, for example, pumpkin pie spice that you can make out of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice!
- Add a little vanilla extract to your butter mixture to give the toast a little extra depth of flavor.
- Some citrus zest will go a long way to balance out the sweetness and add a touch of freshness in this recipe.
How to make the best cinnamon toast recipe
This is how you can make these cinnamon bread slices. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Mix the softened butter, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, and white sugar in a small bowl.
- Spread the cinnamon sugar butter mixture on your piece of bread and place it on a nonstick pan that you preheated over medium heat.
- Spread more butter on the other side of your bread slices, you can do this on the pan to make it easier, or off the pan before you start cooking the first side.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side then enjoy as it or with fresh fruits and whipped cream or ice cream. Make sure that you allow your toast to cool down slightly so that you don’t burn yourself and you allow your toast slices to get that perfect caramelized texture.
The end result of this delicious treat will be a buttery crisp toast with a cinnamon caramel flavor. You will become obsessed with it!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How can I soften my butter faster?
To make this perfect cinnamon toast, we all know you need butter that is spreadable. To soften your butter faster you can either grate it allowing those smaller pieces to soften almost immediately or use the warm bowl or cup method.
This one entails that you warm up your cup or bowl with some hot water for a minute or two then dump it out and place that dish over your butter for a few minutes allowing it to soften quickly.
Can I make this homemade cinnamon toast ahead of time?
I wouldn’t recommend cooking this toast ahead of time because it will lose some of that crunchiness if not enjoyed immediately. You can though, make the toast with the butter spread on it then chill in an airtight container for later. This will allow you to have a delicious breakfast or snack faster. All you would have to do is toast it on a warm pan and you’ll have yourself the most delicious sweet treat.
Cinnamon sugar crunchy toast
Cinnamon sugar toast recipe
- 2 slices Japanese milk bread or brioche, or any bread slice you have on hand
- 3 tablespoons of butter you can use salted or unsalted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon of cinnamon more if you want it more cinnamony
- A sprinkle of salt
- In a small bowl, mix the softened butter with both sugars, cinnamon, and salt.
- Spread on the milk bread slices.
- Toast each side on a nonstick pan over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with whatever toppings you like, or enjoy it as is!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!