This delicious frozen strawberry margarita recipe is a simple yet delicious frozen margarita recipe that you can make on a hot summer day. This fruity cocktail is made with just a few simple ingredients and will become your family and friends’ favorite summer drink.
This is the best-frozen strawberry margarita recipe
MArgaritas are great but frozen strawberry margaritas are better. I would even go as far as saying that it is the perfect summer cocktail because not only is super easy to make but it also is fast and only requires a handful of ingredients.
Trust me when I say that this refreshing drink is doing to be your go-to on repeat beverage of the summer!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This is an easy and impressive drink recipe.
- You will not need any strawberry margarita mix with this recipe. Everything is made from scratch!
- This is a great drink recipe to make for friends and family if you are hosting.
- You can really tweak what goes into your drink by making it yourself. Add a little more sweetener if you like it sweeter, and add less if you would like a lighter margarita but the world is your oyster!
Ingredients for this frozen strawberry margarita
Here are the ingredients you will need to make your own frozen homemade margaritas. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Strawberries- This recipe uses real strawberries that were frozen but you can also grab a bag of frozen strawberries from the freezer section.
- Agave syrup or agave nectar is what you can use in this recipe. Feel free to use as much or as little of that in this drink depending on your personal preference. You can also use honey, maple syrup, or even simple syrup to sweeten this drink.
- Tequila- You can use any tequila you’d like, reposado tequila, tequila blanco/silver tequila. I used non-alcoholic tequila.
- Lime- You will need some lime for the margarita as well as to use when rimming your margarita glass before serving. Fresh lime juice is best for this recipe because it will help enhance the drink’s flavor even more as well.
- Tajin or rimming salt– To save some money just purchase regular kosher salt and it would work great for this drink.
How to make this frozen strawberry margarita
This is how you can make this delicious frozen cocktail. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Add all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Salt or sugar the rim of your drinks.
- Pour the smooth margarita into the prepared glasses and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Can I turn this into an easy strawberry basil margarita?
You sure can! Add a handful of fresh basil leaves into your blender and blend with the rest of the ingredients.
It will add a beautifully crisp and refreshing flavor to your summery cocktail!
What kind of tequila should I use in this recipe?
Any tequila would work here, make sure you are using your favorite and add as much or as little as you’d like to control the alcohol content of your drink.
Keep in mind that the higher tequila quality will obviously make your drink that much better.
CAN I MAKE THIS INTO A frozen VIRGIN strawberry MARGARITA?
You sure can! I have made this recipe with the Ritual Zero Proof tequila alternative and it tastes so good!
WHAT PAIRS WELL WITH strawberry MARGARITAS?
The sweet flavors of this margarita pair so well with:
- Fruit salsa
- Chicken tacos
- Guacamole and chips
- Dish ceviche
- Shrimp or fried fish tacos
- Coconut Shrimp
- Black bean and corn salsa
- Grilled corn avocado salad
Or any of your favorite Mexican dishes.
WHAT IS THE BEST BLENDER TO MAKE THESE CLASSIC COCKTAILS IN?
My go-to high-speed blender is a Vitamix because it can break through frozen ingredients and yields a deliciously smooth drink.
Feel free to use any blender you like but make sure to adjust the ice to the power of your blender.
Easy frozen strawberry margarita recipe
Frozen strawberry margaritas
- 3 cup frozen strawberries
- 4 ounces tequila add more if you'd like
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- 2 tablespoon agave syrup taste and add more if needed.
- ½-1 cup ice cubes as needed
- Lime wedges for garnish optional
- Salt or sugar for rimming the glass optional
- Rim the glass with salt if desired. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, then dip it into a plate with salt, rotating to coat the rim evenly. Set the glass aside.Salt or sugar for rimming the glass
- In a blender, combine the frozen strawberries, ice, tequila, lime juice, and agave syrup and blend until smooth. If needed, add a splash of water or more lime juice to adjust the consistency. Want it thicker, add some ice.3 cup frozen strawberries, 4 ounces tequila, ¼ cup Lime juice, 2 tablespoon agave syrup, ½-1 cup ice cubes
- Taste the margarita and adjust the sweetness or tartness by adding more agave syrup or lime juice, if desired.
- Once the frozen mango margarita is ready, pour it into the rimmed glass. Garnish with a lime wedge, mint, slices, or mango if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!Lime wedges for garnish
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!