This frozen mango margarita recipe is the perfect drink you need for summer. It has all the mango flavors, with a salted rim, and the smoothest texture ever. This drink is made with simple ingredients and will be perfect for Cinco de Mayo, memorial day, 4th of July, even labor day, or as just a regular happy hour drink to enjoy with friends and family!
This is the best mango frozen margarita recipe
There is something insanely delicious about a frozen drink on a hot summer day, but it is much better when it involves mango. When it comes to easy frozen mango margaritas I got you covered and trust me when I say
Frozen mango chunks can make this drink insanely creamy and refreshing plus, the mango’s natural sweetness helps enhance the tequila you use even more. So whether it is for margarita nights, or any other holiday this tropical cocktail is a must-make during the summer to stay refreshed and enjoy a delicious beverage that you won’t have enough of!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Making this drink at home is easy and impressive.
- This is a great drink recipe to make for friends and family if you are hosting.
- You can really tweak what goes into your drink by making it yourself. Add a little more sweetener if you like it sweeter, and add less if you would like a lighter margarita but the world is your oyster!
- No need for any mango margarita mix, this is made all from scratch with fresh ingredients and your favorite tequila!
Ingredients for this most delicious fruity margarita
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient amounts.
- Mango- This recipe uses fresh mangoes that were frozen but you can also grab a bag of frozen mangoes from the freezer section.
- Agave syrup or agave nectar is what you can use in this recipe. Feel free to use as much or as little of that in this drink depending on your personal preference. You can also use honey, maple syrup, or even simple syrup to sweeten this drink.
- Tequila- You can use any tequila you’d like, reposado tequila, tequila blanco/silver tequila. I used non-alcoholic tequila.
- Lime- You will need some lime for the margarita as well as to use when rimming your margarita glass before serving. Fresh lime juice is best for this recipe because it will help enhance the drink’s flavor even more.
- Tajin or rimming salt– To save some money just purchase regular kosher salt and it would work great for this drink.
How to make the best mango margarita in no time!
This is how you can make this frozen mango margarita. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Add all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Salt the rim of your drinks. You can also use chili powder or Tajin instead depending on what you prefer.
- Pour the smooth margarita into the prepared glasses and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How does a frozen mango margarita taste?
It is a delicious blend of sweet and creamy mango with the zesty kick of lime. It tastes tropical with a hint of tequila or the type of alcohol you use so the better the tequila the better the flavor of this drink.
It is the perfect summer cocktail that will compliment your BBQ days in the most perfect way.
How can I turn this into a spicy mango margarita?
To turn this delicious drink into a add a few slices of fresh jalapeño before blending. Taste and adjust as needed.
Can I make this into a virgin mango margarita?
You sure can! I have made this recipe with the Ritual Zero Proof tequila alternative and it tastes so good!
What pairs well with mango margaritas?
The sweet flavors of this margarita pair so well with:
- Fruit salsa
- Chicken tacos
- Guacamole and chips
- Dish ceviche
- Shrimp or fried fish tacos
- Coconut Shrimp
- Black bean and corn salsa
- Grilled corn avocado salad
Or any of your favorite Mexican dishes.
What is the best blender to make these classic cocktails in?
My go-to high-speed blender is a Vitamix because it can break through frozen ingredients and yields a deliciously smooth drink.
Feel free to use any blender you like but make sure to adjust the ice to the power of your blender.
Frozen mango margarita recipe
Frozen mango margarita
- 3 cup frozen mango chunks
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1-2 Limes juiced
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or to taste
- 1 cup Ice cubes
- Lime wedges for garnish optional
- Salt or Tajín seasoning for rimming the glass optional
- Rim the glass with salt or Tajín seasoning, if desired. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, then dip it into a plate with salt or Tajín seasoning, rotating to coat the rim evenly. Set the glass aside.Salt or Tajín seasoning for rimming the glass
- In a blender, combine the frozen mango chunks, ice, tequila, lime juice, and agave syrup and blend until smooth. If needed, add a splash of water or more lime juice to adjust the consistency.3 cup frozen mango chunks, 3 ounces tequila, 1-2 Limes, 1 tablespoon agave syrup, 1 cup Ice cubes
- Taste the margarita and adjust the sweetness or tartness by adding more agave syrup or lime juice, if desired.
- Once the frozen mango margarita is ready, pour it into the rimmed glass. Garnish with a lime wedge, mint, slices, or mango if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!