This S’mores Dip recipe is a simple and delicious way to enjoy your favorite sweet treat. It is made with only 2 ingredients plus the crunchy graham crackers to dip. This dessert is perfect year-round to allow you to enjoy the traditional s’mores flavor for a long time to come!
This is the best s’mores dip recipe ever!
Since you are here, make sure to take a look at these other recipes you might like, Crumbl s’mores cookies recipe, Crumbl brownie smores cookies, peanut butter and chocolate rice krispie treats, as well as this s’mores toast recipe.
What is s’mores dip?
S’mores dip is a sweet and indulgent dessert made by melting chocolate and marshmallows in a skillet or baking dish until they become warm, gooey, and perfectly melted. It is essentially a deconstructed s’more that is enjoyed by dipping graham crackers, pretzels, or fruit into the melted chocolate and marshmallows. S’mores dip is a popular dessert that is often served at parties or gatherings, and it can be made easily in the oven. S’mores dip is a fun, delicious, and easy way to enjoy the classic campfire treat without having to build a fire or use a campfire.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Fun and customizable – This recipe will allow you to customize this dessert to your liking. Chose your favorite ingredients and let’s get going.
- Easy to make – This recipe requires very low hands on. All you have to do is add all of your ingredients into a baking dish, bake in the preheated oven, and enjoy with your favorite dipper!
- Cost-effective- This dessert will definitely not cost too much and is rich enough to serve a crowd.
- Perfect for sharing – This recipe is a great one if you are hosting and need a delicious dessert for a crowd.
Ingredients for this easy dip recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this delicious s’mores dip. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Chocolate- When it comes to the chocolate feel free to use your favorite. I love using dark chocolate, milk chocolate chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. If you want to keep it even more authentic, use some Hershey bars as the base.
- Graham crackers
Fun twist ideas
- Add some white chocolate chip into the chocolate mixture of a multi-colored dip.
- Using peanut butter chips with chocolate chips for a nutty and sweet chocolatey dip.
- Insert a few Reese’s peanut butter cups in the chocolate layer for a rich surprise.
How to make this easy s’mores dip
This is how you can make this ooey-gooey chocolate s’mores dip. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Grease your cast-iron skillet / oven-safe skillet, or baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add a layer of chocolate chips or whichever piece of chocolate you decide to use in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with large marshmallows (but feel free to use jumbo marshmallows, regular-sized marshmallows, or even mini marshmallows for this.
- Bake this easy treat in a 450 F oven until the marshmallows are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
What dish can I use for this?
Feel free to use an 8-inch cast iron skillet or a 7.5×6 inch baking dish. You can also just eyeball the ingredients to fit whatever dish you have. As long as you cover the base with chocolate and top the whole thing with marshmallows you can have s’mores year-round!
Can I make this dip in advance?
It is not recommended to make s’mores dip ahead of time as it is best served warm and gooey right out of the oven or stove. If you do make s’mores dip ahead of time, the chocolate and marshmallows will solidify and lose their gooey texture, and reheating the dip may cause the chocolate to burn and the marshmallows to become tough and chewy. However, you can prepare the ingredients ahead of time and store them separately, then assemble and bake the dip just before serving. This way, you can still save time and have everything ready to go, but ensure that you get the best texture and taste out of your s’mores dip.
What else can I use as a dipper for this recipe?
Even though graham crackers are the obvious choice, there are a ton of other delicious think you should use with this delicious dip!
- Vanilla wafers
- Fresh fruits, think of strawberries, pineapples…
- Gluten-free graham crackers
- Different flavored graham crackers
- Toasted baguette slices
- Bagel chips
- Naan chips
- Salted potato chips for a fun sweet and salty treat.
The best smores dip recipe ever!
The Best S’mores Dip recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450F then grease your baking pan to keep the ingredients from sticking too much.
- Add a layer of your chocolate of choice. Check the article notes for all the options you can go for.12 oz chocolate chips, 12 large marshmallows
- Top with a layer of large marshmallows then bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted. Let everything cool down for 10 minutes before enjoying by using the graham crackers to dip and scoop the mixture.graham crackers
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!