This single serve double chocolate cookie is a soft and chewy chocolate cookie that is packed with chocolate chips in the middle and will for sure satisfy that chocolate craving. It is made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and will be ready in no time!
Since you are here make sure to take a look at this single-serve peanut butter cookie, this single-serve chocolate chip cookie as well as this Levain chocolate chip walnut cookie for one!
This is the best double chocolate cookie for one!
Sometimes making a large batch of double chocolate cookies isn’t what you need at the time so I decided to make small batch recipes like this one for when you only want one cookie.
So now that you know that it is totally possible, instead of making a whole batch of cookies you can make this on a weeknight to have fresh dessert anytime!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This single serve dessert is rich and super chocolatey.
- The chocolate flavor of this cookie is out of this world, especially when combined with the ooey gooey semi-sweet chips.
- This single-serve cookie is made in one bowl meaning a whole lot less clean up!
- It is so versatile and can be tweaked to your liking when it comes to mix-ins.
- This recipe uses pantry staples so you probably already have everything you need to make it.
- No need for a hand mixer, or stand mixer, you can make this by hand using a whisk or a rubber spatula.
Ingredients for this chocolate single serving cookie
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Light brown sugar & granulated sugar- Using a mixture of sugars is the best way to get chewier cookies.
- Egg yolk
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder- I like using Dutch process cocoa powder for this cookie recipe but feel free to use whichever one you have on hand as long as it is not sweetened.
- Salt- Adding a little salt to your baked goods will help balance out the sweetness of the cookies.
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips– I used semi-sweet chocolate chips in this cookie but feel free to use other kinds of chocolate chips like milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips or even white chocolate chips would go so well with the chocolate flavor from the cocoa powder.
How to make this double chocolate chip cookie for one
This is how you can make this chocolate cookie at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract and the egg yolk and mix again until creamy.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Place the large mound cookie dough onto the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Top the cookie dough ball with extra chocolate chips and bake.
- Allow the cookie to cool down on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store any leftovers from this single serve double chocolate cookie?
If you do have any leftovers, you can place them in an airtight container and leave them at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also microwave it for a few seconds to get it soft and gooey again.
What are some fun mix-ins to add to my double chocolate fudge cookies?
A few mix-ins that you be good in your cookie would be:
- Nuts, think walnuts and pecans to add a nutty flavors and a delicious crunch.
- Mini marshmallows
The best single serve double chocolate cookie recipe
Single double chocolate chip cookie
- 2 & ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter softened, salred or unsalted
- 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- reheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until well combined.2 & ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, ⅛ teaspoon baking soda, Pinch of salt
- In a separate bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. You can use a spoon or a small whisk for this.1 tablespoon unsalted butter, 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar, ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- Stir in the vanilla extract and egg yolk until fully incorporated.¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 egg yolk
- Add the dry ingredient mixture into the butter mixture, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Form the dough into a cookie shape and place it onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly soft. Be careful not to overbake, as the cookie will continue to cook a bit after it's removed from the oven.
- Allow the cookie to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment