You will love this one peanut butter cookie for two or just for one depending on how you feel that day! This recipe makes a large peanut butter cookie that is so soft, chewy, and packed with PB flavors!
Since you’re here, I know you will also love these Small batch peanut butter cookies, Crumbl No-bake Marshmallow Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies, and even these Chilled Crumbl Peanut butter bar cookies! Let me know in the comments if you try any of them!
This Ramadan my sister has been having all kinds of cravings, one of them being a single peanut butter cookie. Her reasoning was that she was going to be full from all the iftar (breaking the fast meal) so she only needed a single cookie to satisfy her.
To that I delivered! But I did make a cookie that was gigantic, we both snacked on it that evening. It was seriously the best thing ever!
This is the best peanut butter cookie for one ever!
I know that we’re not the only ones that enjoy small batch recipes, many others only bake for themselves or for themselves and a parent or a spouse so I truly hope you find this recipe helpful.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Ready in less than 20 minutes!
- It’s so easy to throw together.
- This is a one-bowl cookie recipe.
- It’s perfect for one or two people!
- This recipe is a great way to use extra egg yolks.
- No leftovers (most of the time), meaning you get to enjoy a fresh cookie every time!
Ingredients for this one peanut butter cookie
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this cookie for one. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use salted or unsalted for this recipe.
- Peanut butter– Make sure to use smooth peanut butter not the natural kind.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar– The combination of both sugars make this cookie extra soft and chewy.
- Yolk– You will need one egg yolk for this cookie or one tablespoon of whisked egg.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract adds a nice depth of flavor.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this recipe.
- Baking powder & baking soda– This is the leavening agent of this recipe.
- Salt – Always add a little salt to your baked goods to balance out the flavors.
How to make one peanut butter cookie for two
This is how you can make this peanut butter cookie for two. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugars together until combined.
- Add in the egg yolk and the vanilla extract and mix.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the baking sheet, flatten it to about 1 inch in thickness, and bake.
- Cool the cookie down and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store this giant peanut butter cookie?
If you have any cookies left then you can place them in an air-tight container and store them at room temperature for up to 4 days.
I definitely doubt you’ll have any left!
Can I make this a small batch of cookies instead?
You sure can! You can make this into 2 or 3 smaller cookies just adjust your bake time accordingly. Check your cookies at 8-10 minutes depending on how many you end up making.
As a rule of thumb, the smaller the cookies are the less bake time they need. You can also make my small batch peanut butter cookie recipe!
What mix-ins can I add to this cookie?
The beauty of this recipe is that you can really mix in whatever you want and really play around with your dessert! Here are some of my favorite mix-ins for this cookie recipe:
- Reese’s pieces
- chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
- Toasted coconut
- Freeze-dried berries
- Candied nuts
One peanut butter cookie for two
If you made this One peanut butter cookie for two and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
One peanut butter cookie for two (or one!)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together then add in the egg yolk and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet, flatten it to about 1 inch in thickness, and bake for about 13-14 minutes, you want the edges to be lightly golden and the center to still be a bit underbake (don't worry, it will continue baking as it cools down).
- Let it cool down on the baking sheet for a few minutes before enjoying!
How to store this giant peanut butter cookie?If you have any cookies left then you can place them in an air-tight container and store them at room temperature for up to 4 days. I definitely doubt you’ll have any left!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!