These nutter butter bars or nutter butter blondies are easy peanut butter cookie bars that use creamy peanut butter and nutter butter cookies in the batter plus chocolate chips for an extra rich sweet treat.
This is the best peanut butter dessert recipe ever!
Nutter butters are elite! Yes, Oreos are good, Golden Oreos are a fun twist but your girl can never say no to a double peanut butter cookie. Especially in a shape of a peanut, I mean how can you?!! That’s why I decided to make these chocolate chips nutter butter cookie bars to hit and satisfy all those cravings.
Next time you’re looking for fun peanut butter recipes, just know that this is the one you need to try! It’s fudgy, packed with nutter butter cookies, peanut butter flavors, and a generous amount of chocolate chips. HEAVEN, it will truly become your new favorite dessert!
Why you will love these!
- These cookie bars are so easy to make.
- This is an easy one-bowl recipe, meaning less cleanup!
- They have a strong peanut butter flavor, perfect for peanut butter lovers.
- Each bar is super soft and chewy with the best crunch from the nutter butter cookies on top.
Ingredients for these little nutter butter bites
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full list of ingredients.
- Butter– You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar– This recipe uses a mixture of sugars to get the perfect sweetness and texture.
- Peanut butter- Use the smooth nonnatural one like the Skippy or Jif kind.
- Egg- Use room temperature eggs
- Vanilla extract- The vanilla extract will add extra depth of flavor to our bars.
- Flour– Regular all-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Salt– Always use a little salt in your baked goods to balance out the sweetness.
- Nutter butter cookies– These are the star of the show! These peanut butter sandwich cookies will be mixed into the cookie bar dough as well as used for topping.
- Mini chocolate chips- Make sure to use good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips for the best flavor.
How to make these amazing nutter butter bars?
This is how you can make this delicious dessert. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Whisk the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until combined.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Mix the dry ingredients and the chopped-up nutter butter cookies into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Spread the nutter butter base on an 8×8 inch parchment paper-lined square pan.
- Top the dough with more chocolate chips and roughly chopped Nutter butter and bake.
- The last step is to let the bars cool down fully before slicing into them and enjoying them!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these peanut butter cookie bars?
Store these bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4-5 days.
Can I freeze these bars?
You can freeze these nutter butter cookie bars in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Once you’re ready to enjoy them thaw them in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours.
Bonus points if you microwave it for a bit to get it ooey gooey regain!
Can I make these bars in a 9×9 baking pan?
You sure can! Just be aware that your cookie bars will be a bit thinner.
Nutter butter cookie bars
Nutter butter bars / blondies
- ½ cup butter salted or unsalted
- ½ cup brown sugar light
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter smooth, Skippy or Jif
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup AP flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 7 nutter butter cookies roughly chopped, 3 extra ones for topping
- ½ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips 2 extra tablespoons for topping
Make the brown butter
- In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter, making sure to stir continuously. Continue cooking it for 3-5 minutes or until the butter is foamy and turns medium golden brown.
- This process is called browning the butter. Keep a close eye on it because it can burn easily. Remove from the heat, transfer to a medium bowl, and let the butter cool down to room temperature. It doesn't have to harden.
Make the nutter butter blondie
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- When the butter is at room temperature, mix the melted brown butter, peanut butter, granultated sugar, and brown sugar together on medium speed until combined.
- Add the egg, and the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Mix in the flour and salt just until the flour disappears. You don't want to over-mix the brown butter blondie mix. Fold in the chopped-up nutter butters, and chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough mixture in the prepared 8X8 inch baking pan, top with roughly chopped up utter butter cookies, and some mini or regular chocolate chips, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once baked, pull out the bars from the oven and allow them to cool down fully before slicing into them. I let them cool for an hour or two depending on my kitchen's temperature. They should be at room temperature. This will allow the bars to be fully set. Slice into 16 equal squares and enjoy.
How to store these peanut butter cookie bars?Store these bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4-5 days.
Can I freeze these bars?You can freeze these nutter butter cookie bars in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Once you’re ready to enjoy them thaw them in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours. Bonus points if you microwave it for a bit to get it ooey gooey regain!
Can I make these bars in a 9×9 baking pan?You sure can! Just be aware that your cookie bars will be a bit thinner.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain amazon associate affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small commission on every purchase you make!