These no bake chocolate peanut butter bars are rich, easy to make, and will be loved by everyone! They are made with only a handful of ingredients, making them the perfect frugal recipe to make for your friends and family.
If you love these then try No Bake Chocolate Pie with Oreo Crust, Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats with Marshmallows, Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats, and even no bake 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies.
This year, I’m gonna be looking more into frugal recipes because things are starting to cost way too much than they should. That’s why this recipe came into play.
These no-bake peanut butter chocolate bars are made with ingredients you already have in your pantry and I promise you everyone will absolutely adore them! Low effort, high excitement the moment they’ll take a bite out of these bars.
This is the best frugal chocolate peanut butter bar recipe
My favorite part when it comes to recipes like these is that you can really play around with the mixins and substitutions. For example, if you don’t have any graham crackers you can always use Nilla wafers or even animal crackers.
Want to use different mix-ins, add some nuts, add some Reese’s pieces, or even dried cranberries!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- They are so easy and quick to make.
- This recipe is great to get the kids involved in the kitchen.
- It costs less than $4 to make the whole batch making each serving so cheap!
- This recipe is super versatile and can be made in many different ways.
- Need something for a party this summer double this recipe for a crowd.
Ingredients for this no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these chocolate peanut butter bars. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Peanut butter– Make sure you’re using the creamy kind of peanut butter like Skippy or Jif. The natural kind will not allow the base to be set properly.
- Chocolate chips– Use good quality chocolate or chocolate chips for better tasting bars.
- Graham crackers- This recipe is super versatile, use graham cracker crumbs but if you don’t have them on hand using any other biscuit, think animal crackers, nilla wafers…
- Powdered sugar– The powdered sugar will allow for the base to be set and will sweeten it perfectly.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
How to make No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
This is how you can make these chocolate peanut butter bars. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Melt the butter and peanut butter together in a large bowl.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, and powdered sugar into the peanut butter mixture.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chip if you decide to use those.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture in a parchment-lined 8×8 pan.
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter and spread it on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Chill the bars until set then slice and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these no-bake peanut butter bars?
You can store these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. These bars are best right out of the fridge so you can serve them straight out of the fridge while they’re still a bit cold.
Can I freeze chocolate peanut butter bars?
You sure can! Make sure to store these in an airtight container and freeze them for up to 2 months. If you want to be extra cautious, wrap them in plastic or foil, place them in an airtight container, and freeze.
Once you’re ready to enjoy or serve, thaw in the fridge overnight and enjoy!
How much does each serving cost?
Since I am trying to be more mindful of price with the crazy inflation that we are all dealing with somehow, here is a breakdown of this recipe.
- Butter $0.75
- Peanut butter $0.70
- Graham crackers $0.80
- Powdered sugar $.40
- Chocolate $1
In total, the recipe would cost you about $3.65, making each serving cost about $0.22, which is what I call a win!
These prices are estimates, so your recipe might come to a little more or a little less than my estimates depending on where you live.
Can I double this recipe?
You sure can! You can click the x2 on the recipe card and make the same recipe in a 9×13 inch pan.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
If you made these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Frugal No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars -$0.27 a serving
Peanut butter layer
- ½ cup butter salted or unsalted
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 & ⅓ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips optional but recommended
- 5 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and peanut butter together until combined.
- Add in the crushed graham crackers and powdered sugar and mix until combined. Mix in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared 8×8 inch pan. Using a rubber spatula or your hand, spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- In a small or medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter in 30-second increments mixing between each time.
- Top the peanut butter layer with the melted chocolate layer, spread around, and chill the bars for at least 2 hours or until fully set. Slice, and enjoy!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Perfect in every way!