This easy no-bake chocolate pie is the ultimate chocolate lover’s treat. Made with only 7 ingredients to bring you one of the most indulgent, rich, and chocolate pies you’ve ever had.
After making all the cookies imaginable, I knew I had to add a few recipes that weren’t cookie-related.
Actually, this chocolate pie is somewhat cookie-related because it is made with a store-bought Oreo pie crust. One more reason why you need to make this recipe, It’s really as simple as 1,2,3!
This is the best No bake chocolate oreo pie!
Turning on the oven in the summertime can be a hassle, It turns your house into a furnace especially with the temperature rising and rising everything. So here I am trying to save you some money on that powder bill by not turning on the oven to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
So I get it if you tell me that the oven doesn’t turn on at your house until fall. That’s why I am here sharing this extremely indulgent chocolate mousse pie with you before summer ends. If you’re on a no-bake dessert kick, check out these No Bake Cheesecake Bars with vanilla beans, they are simple yet mighty little treats!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is made out of mainly chocolate, DUH!
- This no bake pie can be made during all seasons, my family espcially loved this pie for the holiday season. Nothing better than a freshly made chocolate pie to celebrate Christmas or thanksgiving if you ask me!
- It only requires a few ingredients that you most likely have at home.
- You won’t have to make the Oreo crust from scratch saving you even more time.
- The only con about this recipe is the fact that you have to let it rest in the fridge for hours before enjoying it. But, to be honest, I think it helps build character. So if you’re into charachter building desserts, this is for you!
Ingredients for this no bake chocolate cream pie
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this rich chocolate pie at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Oreo crust– This recipe uses the 9 inch storebought oreo crust to make your life easier.
- Semi sweet chocolate– Make sure to use the best quality chocolate for this pie. After all, it’s a chocolate pie, so the chocolate flavor quality has to be perfect!
- Cocoa powder– You’ll need some cocoa powder for dusting te pie at the end.
- Instant coffee– The instant coffee mixed with the chocolate will intensify the chocolate flavor even more.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract will help enhance the flavor of the chocolate and add a little more depth of flavor.
- Heavy whipping cream- The heavy whipping cream needs to be high fat. It will be used to make the chocolate ganache and the whipped cream.
- Powdered sugar – The powdered sugar will sweeten both our chocolate pie as well as our whipped cream topping. Make sure to sift the powdered sugar before using.
How to make no bake chocolate pie
This is how you can make your chocolate pie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate by pouring the hot cream over it.
- Mix the vanilla and instant coffee together to dissolve.
- Wisk together then add the instant coffee vanilla mixture, powdered sugar and mix.
- Let the ganache cool down fully.
- Beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/2 the amount of whipped cream with the chocolate mixture.
- Gently fold in the rest and pour the chocolate mixture over the Oreo pie crust and chill in the fridge for 5 hours or overnight.
- Whip the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla until medium peaks form when ready to serve the chocolate pie.
- Dollop the whipped cream in the center of the pie, and gently spread with the back of a spoon.
- Dust with some cocoa powder, slice and enjoy.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
More chocolate recipes you’ll love!
- CRUMBL Chocolate Cake Cookies copycat recipe
- The creamiest chocolate cheesecake mini recipe!
- 3-ingredient Healthy Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
- Peanut butter cookie cups with a silky chocolate frosting
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store chocolate no bake pie?
If you have pie leftovers that you need to store for the next day you can loosely cover your pie with plastic wrap or transfer it to a large enough air-tight container and store it in the fridge.
I always prefer storing it without the whipped cream on top, but it’s okay if you can’t do that since these are leftovers.
Can I make this pie ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this one day ahead of time.
If you want to make your no-bake chocolate pie in advance you can prepare it as per the direction of the recipe, without adding the whipped cream topping, cover with plastic wrap, and while in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Top it with the freshly made whipped cream once you’re ready to serve it.
Can I freeze a no-bake chocolate pie?
You can freeze this pie without the whipped cream topping. Wrap it with plastic wrap then cover it with foil to keep it from getting freezer burn. You can store your pie this way for up to one month.
When you’re ready to enjoy it pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
No bake chocolate pie with oreo crust
If you made this no-bake chocolate pie and enjoyed it, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
No Bake Chocolate Pie with Oreo Crust
Chocolate pie filling
- Chop the semi sweet chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl.
- Heat up the 3/4 cup heavy cream in the microwave or in a small sauce pan on the stove until steaming. Then pour over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix the vanilla extract and instant coffee together to dissolve.
- Whisk the cream and chocolate mixture until melted then add in the powdered sugar, vanilla instant coffee mixture, and mix until fully combined. Let the ganache cool down completely.
- When the ganache is cooled down (about 10-15 minutes), star whipping the 1 cup of heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Don't overwhip the cream or it will turn into butter.
- Take half the amount of whipped cream and gently fold it into the chocolate ganache mixture. Add in the rest of the whipped cream and fold again. Don't overmix the chocolate pie filling, stop when you don't see any more white streaks of whipped cream.
- Pour the chocolate mousse mixture into the Oreo pie crust, loosely cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 5 hours or overnight.
Make the whipped cream topping and assemble
- Once you're ready to serve your pie, whip the one 1 cup of heavy whipping cream with the sugar, and vanilla extract together until stiff peaks form. Top the chocolate pie with the whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder.
How to store chocolate no bake pie?If you have pie leftovers that you need to store for the next day you can loosely cover your pie with plastic wrap or transfer it to a large enough air-tight container and store it in the fridge. I always prefer storing it without the whipped cream on top, but it’s okay if you can’t do that since these are leftovers.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!