These peanut butter Oreos bars are a rich sweet dessert for both peanut butter and Oreo lovers. It is made with a layer of Oreo crust, a thick layer of peanut butter, and a smooth chocolate topping. Slice into it to reveal the perfect bars you’ve ever made!
Since you are here, check out these budget friendly peanut butter bars, this snowball cookie recipe, these Christmas m&m’s chocolate chip cookies, and your newest favorite hot chocolate cookies!
No-bake desserts are the best in general, but they are even better when you are so busy with holiday preparations. That’s why today I am bringing you these Oreo-crusted peanut butter bars that all your friends and family will love.
They are made to have three distinct layers when you slice into them, a crunchy Oreo crust layer, a smooth and oh-so-rich peanut butter layer, as well as a fudgy melted chocolate peanut butter layer.
This is the best Peanut Butter Oreo Bars recipe ever!
The best part is that it is made in an 8×8 pan but can be doubled to fit in a 9×13 pan if you need a little extra to feed everyone. I make sure to use the USA pans because they have sharp corners and will make your final result look a lot cleaner as well.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s a quick and easy dessert that is sure to please everyone.
- This recipe uses only a handful of ingredients that you might already have at home.
- It is a no-bake recipe, keeping that oven free for baking something else at the same time.
- This is a fun recipe to get the little ones involved in, think mixing, spreading…
- You can decorate the top depending on the season/holiday you make them for. Add sprinkles of drizzles of PB or white chocolate on top to take them to the next level.
Ingredients for these Oreo peanut butter bars.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this no-bake holiday dessert. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Oreos- Make sure to use the regular Oreos, not the double-stuff ones.
- Butter– Salted butter is key in this recipe, just make sure it is softened.
- Peanut butter– Use smooth peanut butter, think Skippy or Jif.
- Graham crackers– You can crush your own graham cracker sheets or purchase already ground ones.
- Powdered sugar- This is used to sweeten our middle layer.
- Semi-sweet chocolate- Use his quality chocolate for this to make sure your bars taste delicious.
- Vanilla extract- This will add a nice little depth of flavor to our no-bake dessert.
How to make no-bake Oreo peanut butter bars
This is how you can make Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or foil and set aside.
- Process the Oreos in a food processor until finely crushed, add in the butter, and mix until the crust forms.
- Press the crust onto the prepared baking pas and freeze.
- Mix the peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Top the Oreo crust with the peanut butter mixture and place it in the freezer again.
- Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a medium bowl.
- Pour on top of the peanut butter layer and gently spread using a spatula.
- Let the bars chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until fully set.
- Slice and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these Peanut Butter Oreo Bars?
You can store these bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze these bars?
Absolutely! Freeze them in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge overnight before serving them.
How to serve these Oreo peanut butter bars?
Since they don’t handle heat too well, make sure to keep them in the fridge in your serving plate until you are ready to serve them. This will keep them from melting.
Peanut butter Oreo bars
Peanut butter Oreo bars
- 15 Oreos Original not Doublestuff
- 3 tablespoon butter softened
Peanut butter layer
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter salted or unsalted
- 1 & ⅓ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, process the Oreos until fine crumbs are formed. Add in the butter and pulse again to combine.15 Oreos, 3 tablespoon butter
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking pan, place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes and move on to the peanut butter layer.
Peanut butter layer
- In a large bowl mix the peanut butter, butter, and graham crackers together until combined. Add in the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract and mix again to combine.¾ cup peanut butter, ½ cup butter, 1 & ⅓ cup graham cracker crumbs, 1 cup powdered sugar
- Evenly press the peanut butter powder on top of the chilled Oreo crust and chill in the freezer again.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate and the peanut butter in 30 second increment stirring in between every time. Once fully melted pour over the peanut butter layer. Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours before slicing into the bars, .5 oz semi sweet chocolate, 2 tablespoon peanut butter
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment