I seriously swear by this lazy girl no bake key lime pie recipe. It is simple enough to throw together super fast and tastes super impressive. Truly the best summer treat for hosting friends and family over or just to make when you’re craving something tangy and fresh.
No bake desserts during the summer are truly the only thing keeping me going. The vegas heat is brutal, now the Oran, Algeria heat and humidity even more so.
So I’ve been mainly sticking to no-bake desserts and drinks because they allow me to keep my cool while enjoying some delicious sweet treats.
This is the best homemade key lime pie
This key lime pie recipe has a filling that closely resembles a no-bake cheesecake but instead is flavored with tons of key lime juice for that tang and extra lime zest to truly let the flavors shine.
It is then decorated with homemade whipped cream. This is going to be your favorite part because you can get super creative with it.
Pipe dollops all over, swirl the whipped cream around the pie (like I did in the photos), or even plop the whole thing on top. The world is your oyster.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This key lime pie is so so easy! Anyone can make it.
- It requires no baking, making it perfect for hot summer days.
- If you love tangy desserts this is it for you.
- You can make it ahead of time and serve chilled or even frozen!
- It uses either key limes or even just regular limes!
Ingredients for this lazy girl key lime pie
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this key lime pie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- 10-inch premade graham cracker crust– Since this is a lazy girl recipe, we are using premade graham cracker crust. Feel free to make a homemade pie crust if you’d like.
- Heavy cream– The heavy cream will make our key lime pie even more light and fluffy.
- Sweetened condensed milk– Use regular sweetened condensed milk.
- Key lime juice and zest– This is what will bring this pie together by giving it that extra tang and zestiness.
- Cream cheese– The cream cheese will give our pie creaminess and more stability.
- Powdered sugar– This will sweeten our homemade whipped cream.
- Vanilla extract- This will add some brightness to the dessert.
Do I have to use key limes?
Nope! Regular limes work just as well and will save you time when juicing them. The tiny flavor difference is not noticeable enough so no worries if you can’t use Key limes.
How to make a no-bake key lime pie?
This is how you can make this citrus pie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, key lime zest, and cream cheese until smooth and combined.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form then fold it into the lime and cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust and let set in the fridge for 4 hours or overnights.
Make the whipped cream topping
- Whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Decorate the key lime pie with it, top with lime wedges, and serve.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store key lime pie?
You can store this pie in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 3 days. The longer the pie sits the soggier the crust will become because of the moisture in the pie filling.
Can key lime pie be frozen?
Yes! Key lime pie freezes so well. You can store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
- Homemade pie crust- Graham cracker crust made from scratch might be more fun to make if you have time. Just make sure that you’re using a 10-inch pie plate.
- Change up the whipped cream decorations- I used a star tip and piped the whipped cream all around, you can just plop it on top, or decorate it any way you want to make this pie really your own.
Can this no-bake key lime pie be made without cream cheese?
Cream cheese is what makes this pie super creamy but if you can’t get your hands on that, use mascarpone instead.
It will actually be even better with mascarpone because is richer and creamier.
No bake key lime pie
Lazy girl No bake key lime pie
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 14 oz sweet condensed milk
- ½ cup key lime juice or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest about 2-3 key limes
- 1 cup heavy cream cold
- 10 inch graham cracker crust store bought
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest until smooth and creamy without any lumps.
- In a separate large or medium bowl, whip the cold heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Pour the whipped cream over the cream cheese mixture and gently forld to combine.
- Pour the mixture onto the 10-inch graham cracker crust, gently spread the mixture all around then pop in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once you're ready to serve it, you can serve it as is but I like to make whipped cream by whipping the cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until stiff peaks form. Pipe it around the edges, decorate with lime slices or lime zest and serve immediatlely.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!