These Crumbl key lime pie cookies are inspired by the iconic key lime pies. With a graham cracker cookie base that is topped with a homemade from scratch key lime pie filling, a dollop of whipped cream, and a wedge of lime to finish it off!
I know you will also love this Crumbl Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cookies, The Best Chilled Crumbl banana cream pie Cookies, The Best Crumbl Apple Pie Cookies with Oats, and Crumbl Pecan Pie cookies with sugar cookies
A few months ago I went to Crumbl to grab the key lime pie cookie because everyone kept asking me to remake them. Unfortunately, it was right around the time I was going to France to visit my family. After I returned, immediately, I tried to catch up but wasn’t able to.
So technically in my mind this was my sign and let me tell you…!!! It was so exciting because I remembered this cookie tasting insanely good.
This is the best Crumbl key lime pie cookies
After a few trials and errors, I was able to get this recipe just right and maybe even better since that’s always a goal of mine and I literally cannot wait for you to make
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s such an easy and delicious cookie.
- This recipe is a fun twist on the popular key lime pie.
- I can guarantee that this recipe will be one of your favorite because it was one of the most requested Crumbl copycats ever.
- With this recipe you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite Crumbl copycat recipe year round wihout having to wait for them to bring it back, plus you will save a ton of money!
Ingredients for this key lime cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this key lime cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– you can use either salted or unsalted butter as long as it is softened.
- Granulated and brown sugar– This cookie uses two types of sugar to geth the right texture and sweetness
- Egg– The gg is the binding agent.
- Vanilla butter emulsion– The vanilla butter emulsion will help give a ittle extra depth to the cookies.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this recipe.
- Graham crackers– This is what will give the cookies that key lime pie crust feel.
- Salt– Always use a little salt in your sweet treats to balance out the flavors.
- Baking soda & baking powder– These are the leavening agents that will give the cookies a little height.
- Cream cheese– Use softened cream cheese at room tmeperature to make the filling of the key lime pie cookies.
- Sweetened condensed milk – This is what will sweeten and help give some body to our key lime pie filling.
- Key lime juice & zest– This is the start of the show
Can I use regular limes instead of key limes?
It is preferable that you use the juice of key limes because it is stronger in flavor and will yield a tangy key lime pie filling.
Of course, if you don’t have that, feel free to use regular limes.
How to make key lime pie cookies at home?
This is how you can make these pie cookies at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and both sugar together.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla butter emultion.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, graham cracker crumbls, and salt and mix just until combined.
- Scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls.
- Roll them in the rest of the graham cracker crumbs, place on the prepared baking sheet and make an indentation using a tablespoon measuring spoon and bake in the oven.
- Pull the cookies out and make an indentation with a ¼ cup measuring up or the ottom of a glass, and bake again for 2 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down while you make the key lime pie filling.
Make the key lime pie filling
- Cream the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and lilme zest together until combined and fluffy.
- Top each cookies down cookie with the key lime pie filling and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store key lime pie cookies?
These cookies can be stored in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 4 days. Since they are supposed to be enjoyed chilled you can pull them out whenever you want to serve them!
How to make mini Crumbl catering key lime pie cookies
Instead of making 8 large cookies, you can make 16 smaller ones. Make a well in the center of the small cookies using a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon and bake for 7 minutes. Pull the cookies out of the oven and make an indentation in the center with a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon and place back in the oven for another 2 minutes for a total bake time of 9 minutes.
Pull out the cookies, let them cool down then fill with the lime pie filling.
Can I freeze key lime pie cookies?
Absolutely! You can flash freeze them on a baking sheet for a few hours until fully solid then place them in an air-tight container and freeze for up to 1 month.
Whenever you’re ready to enjoy, let them thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours.
Chilled Key Lime Pie Cookies – Crumbl copycat
If you made these Key Lime Pie Cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Key Lime Pie Cookies – Crumbl copycat
Graham cracker cookies
- ½ cup Butter softened, salted or unsalted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla butter emulsion
- 1 & ⅓ cup AP flour
- 1 cup graham crackers finely crushed, about 7 sheets
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup graham crackers finely crushed, about 2 sheets
Key lime ie filling
- 5 oz cream cheese softened
- 5 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set it aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined. Add in the egg and the vanilla butter emulsion and mix again.
- Add in the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls, roll them between the palm of your hands then roll them in the ⅓ cup of the crushed graham crackers.
- Place the cookie dough on the prepared baking sheet, then using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, make a well in the center of the cookie dough. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, pull the cookies out, make an indentation in the center using a ¼ cup measuring cup or the bottom of a glass then place back in the oven for another 2 minutes. Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet for 15 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
key lime pie filling
- In a stand mixer cream the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest together until combined.
- Fill the cooled-down cookies with the key lime pie filling and chill for an hour or two to set. Top with a lime wedge and a dollop of whipped cream.
How to store key lime pie cookies?These cookies can be stored in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 4 days. Since they are supposed to be enjoyed chilled you can pull them out whenever you want to serve them!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!