Crumbl pecan pie cookies are made with a soft and buttery sugar cookie base then topped with a brown sugar pecan pie filling to mimic your favorite Thanksgiving pie. It is easy and will be the perfect dessert on your holiday table this year!
If you love these then try the Gluten-free Healthy Pecan Pie Bars, Rich Maple Pecan Bread Loaf with Creme Fraiche, Pecan Banana Bread with Streusel Topping, Perfectly Fluffy Pumpkin Pancake recipe and even Chewy Crumbl Pumpkin Roll Cookies.
This month Crumbl put out the Pecan pie cookie which tastes absolutely out of this world. It is made with a thick buttery sugar cookie base then is topped with a brown sugar butter pecan pie filling. Trust me, it is amazing and you finally can make it in the comfort of your own home with this copycat recipe.
Of course, since we are making Crumbl copycats, these cookies will be huge but you can make them smaller if you want to serve them on Thanksgiving to friends and family.
This is the best Crumbl pecan pie cookie recipe!
Every year I wait for Thanksgiving because of the infamous pecan pie, this year my life has changed with these pecan pie cookies! They are so much easier to make will impress the crowds this holiday season.
This recipe of the cookie base is inspired by the Chilled Crumbl Sugar Cookies, it is buttery and melts in your mouth. Each cookie is then filled with a homemade pecan pie filled with the right amount of spice, nuts, and buttery sugar sauce.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It tastes just like a pecan pie.
- This recipe is easy and comes together in no time.
- These pecan pie cookies are impressive and perfect for crowds.
- You can make them small or large like the ones Crumbl has.
- No need to wait all year for these cookies to comeback in stores, now you can make them at home!
Ingredients for this Pecan pie cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this crumbl pecan pie Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– Use softened butter for the base of these cookies.
- Oil– Use either vegetable or canola oil for these cookies.
- Granulated sugar & powdered sugar– The granulated and powdered sugar work together to sweeten the cookie base.
- Brown sugar– The brown sugar is used to make the pecan pie filling.
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent in your sugar cookies or pie crust cookies.
- Vanilla– The vanilla is used for both the cookie as well as the pecan pie filling.
- Flour– You can use AP flour for this recipe.
- Salt– The salt will help balance out the sweetness of these cookies.
- Baking powder– The baking powder will give a little height to these cookies.
- Pecans– Can’t have pecan pie without pecan! You can use whole pecans and chopp them or use chopped pecans.
- Heavy cream – The heavy cream is used to make the pecan pie filling.
- Cinnamon & nutmeg– These spices are used to make the pecan pie filling.
How to make Crumbl pecan pie cookies
This is how you can make these Thanksgiving dessert-inspired cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, oil, and both sugars until creamy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, and mix again until smooth.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until the flour disappears.
- Scoop out 9 equally sized cookie dough balls, now either flatten them gently with the palm of your hand then press the center with a ¼ cup measuring cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven then top with the pecan pie filling.
Make the pecan pie filling
- Mix the butter, brown sugar, and pecan together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir often until the sugar is dissolved in the butter.
- remove form the heat and add in the heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Give it a good stir and let it cool down for 5-10 minutes before topping the cookies with it.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these Crumbl pecan pie cookies?
You can store these pecan pie cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Once you’re ready to enjoy them pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them all gooey and enjoy!
These cookies can also be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days in an air-tight container. Make sure to microwave the cookies before enjoying them to get them ooey gooey again!
Can you make catering-sized Crumbl pecan pie cookies?
Instead of making 9 large ones, make 16 smaller ones and bake them for 7 minutes instead of 9 minutes.
Crumbl pecan pie cookies
If you made these crumbl pecan pie cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl pecan pie cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement pape and set aside.
- Cream the butter, oil, sugar, and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer.
- Add the egg, and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until combined, using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 9 equally sized cookie balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet, gently flatten them to about 1 inch in thickness, then using a ¼ measuring cup, press down the center of the cookie to make room for the pecan pie filling.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes then cool on the baking sheet.
Make the pecan pie filling.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the butter, brown sugar, and pecans until the butter and sugar are dissolved. Make sure to stir from time to time to get all the pecan coated in the buttery sugar mixture. You want the mixture to bubble for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the cinnamon nutmeg, salt, heavy cream, and vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat, and top the cookies with the pecan pie mixture. Let it cool down for 20-30 minutes then enjoy!
How to store these Crumbl pecan pie cookies?You can store these pecan pie cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Once you’re ready to enjoy them pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them all gooey and enjoy! These cookies can also be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days in an air-tight container. Make sure to microwave the cookies before enjoying them to get them ooey gooey again!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!