This maple pecan bread loaf with creme fraiche is the perfect copycat recipe of the William Sonoma holiday quick bread cake mix. It is rich, moist, and sweetened with maple only to get that delicious depth of flavor. This is the perfect loaf to make this holiday season and all year long too!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Last year, We tried the maple pecan quick bread mix from Willian Sonoma around the holiday time and weren’t able to find it again for the whole year that followed. Lord knows that 2020 required lots of pecan and maple bread to make things a little better. So we had to improvise.
I tried making a homemade copycat recipe of the William Sonoma maple pecan cake a few times before I got it right. But when I got it right, it was amazing! It
This is gonna be your new favorite maple pecan sweet bread
The last time I make this maple pecan loaf, it didn’t last more than 24 hours…
It was gone, POOF… Vanished…
To me that’s usually a really good indicator of if something is good or not. If I notice a cake staying a little too long in the pantry or in the fridge. I know they didn’t like it as much as I would’ve liked them to. I also know that it needs a little extra work.
Once this maple pecan cake got to the point of vanishing I knew I had to hurry and get it to your guys asap before the Holiday season is over!
What’s makes this pecan bread so special?
There are a few reasons why this bread is amazing and here are a few reasons you need to know about:
- It is rich and moist
- This pecan maple cake uses creme fraiche to make it moist and melt in your mouth instead of sour cream or buttermilk.
- It is warm and full of fall and winter spices
- Has one the best nuts in it, AKA pecans are life!
- It requires very little hands on work
- Will make the perfect breakfast loaf for your weekend breakfasts and brunches.
Ingredients for pecan maple bread
Here are the ingredients you need for this pecan maple loaf:
- Flour– All purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Baking soda and baking powder– These will make sure your loaf cake recipe rises well. Make sure both your baking soda and baking powder are fresh.
- Salt– Like I say always, use a little salt to balance out the sweetness of your cakes and desserts.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg– These are the warming spices that we are using for our loaf cake.
- Toasted pecans– Toasted pecans add the perfect nuttiness that goes with the maple syrup and maple sugar.
- Butter– I use salted butter for this recipe but you could use either.
- Maple sugar and maple syrup- This recipe uses both maple sugar and maple syrup for a strong maple flavor.
- Egg– The egg will be the binding element in this recipe.
- Creme fraiche– The creme fraiche is used instead of sour cream to make this loaf cake extra rich and moist.
- Granulated sugar – You will only need a bit of granulated sugar to top off your cake and create a crunchy film at the top. It is used both for look and texture.
What is maple sugar?
Maple sugar is a more natural sweetener as it comes from the sugar maple trees. The way it is made is by boiling the sap from the sugar maple trees and going past the stage of maple sugar.
So pretty much boiling sap until it turns to maple syrup, then boiling it some more until all the moisture is evaporated and we are left with solid maple sugar.
How to make this sweet maple bread
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and the toasted pecans and set aside.
- Cream the butter and the maple sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the maple syrup, the egg and the creme fraiche and mix again just until it’s combined.
- Mix the two mixture together.
- Bake the maple pecan loaf cake.
- Cool your cake down completely before slicing into it and enjoying a delicious slice of your own homemade Willian Sonoma maple pecan quick bread
More cakes you will love!
- Tea Time Chocolate Loaf Cake With A Coffee Frosting
- Moist Honey Tea Cake Loaf Just Like Grandma’s
- Pecan Banana Bread with Streusel Topping
- The easiest cranberry orange bread recipe
Tips for the best maple pecan loaf cake
In order for you to succeed your loaf cake recipe and to get the exact same result that we did, here are a few pointers.
- Use room temperature ingredients– Using room temperature ingredients will ensure that your baking time is as similar as mine. Using room temperature ingredients also will ensure that the butter won’t stiffen up on you while your mixing everything together.
- Don’t over-mix your maple bread batter once you add in the flour– Once you add in the flour, just fold the mixture. Avoid over-mixing it so that the cake stays soft and melt in your mouth.
- Don’t over bake– Over baking the cake will also cause it to become a little tough. So Make sure to pull out your maple pecan loaf as soon as a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If the bread starts to brown too much, cover it with foil while it’s still baking– As always, when baking your loaf cakes or just cake sin general, if the cake starts to brown a little too quickly on top, lightly wrap your pan with foil and continue baking it.
Sweet Pecan maple bread
If you tried this maple pecan bread recipe and loved it please leave us a rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description.
Maple pecan bread loaf with creme fraiche
- 1 & ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅔ cup toasted pecans
- 1 stick butter softened
- ½ cup maple sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup at room temperature
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 cup creme fraiche at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar for topping
- First start by preheating the oven to 350F, then line your 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and the toasted pecans and set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl start by creaming the butter and the maple sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the maple syrup, the egg and the creme fraiche and mix again just until it's combined.
- Add in the dry mixture and gently fold just until the flour mixture disappears. Pour the maple pecan bread batter in the prepared loaf pan and gently smooth the top using a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the top of the loaf with granulated sugar and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. If the loaf starts to darken too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil to keep it from burning.
- Pull the loaf out of the oven and let it cool down completely before pulling it out of the loaf pan. Slice and enjoy.
Thank you so much for making it all the way down.
Did you enjoy this easy pecan maple creme fraiche loaf ? We would love it if you could leave a comment letting us know. In the meantime don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!