Football brownie bites are where it’s at for this year’s Super Bowl party! These individual brownie cups are fudgy, packed with chocolate flavor, and have the cutest decorations on top. Try them out for your next football watch party because they will be the touchdown of the day!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Ok, real talk. How can you say no to brownies on game day?! These are a score and you need to get behind them ASAP!
I’m not gonna lie, I’m the type of person that doesn’t know who’s playing or who I should be rooting for but I will have the menu down like no other. In other words, super bowl = feast day all day!
So In honor of super bowl being this week, I wanted to bring you a super easy, super quick little brownie recipe to make and enjoy on gameday!
This is the best football brownies recipe ever!
I have been wanting to share little brownie bites for a while. This week I took that opportunity and made it happen. My favorite part about this whole thing is that I got to decorate the brownies in the shape of a football!
I mean come one, it really doesn’t get cuter than this. You got homemade brownie bites, decorated to perfectly fit the theme of the party, and they taste absolutely amazing!
So this year, you have to make these dessert bites for your football party! It seriously doesn’t get easier than there, and the best part.. They’re made from scratch!
Need more game day recipes? check these out!
- Fail-Proof Air fryer Mozzarella sticks
- Air fryer frozen french fries with Spicy Ketchup
- Easy Flat Bread Margarita Pizza with Pesto Drizzle
What’s so special about football brownie bites?
This football season you need to treat yourself to some of these mini brownie bites because:
- They are fudgy
- Each brownie bite is packed with chocolate flavor
- You get edges and center in each brownie bite! Yay, way to make everyone happy and satisfied.
- These football inspired brownies are super easy to decorate and will be ready in no time!
Ingredients for football brownies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these easy football brownie bites at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient list.
- Butter– A little butter goes a long way in this recipe.
- Sugar– You will need regular granulated sugar for these brownie bites
- Cocoa powder– I use dutch processed cocoa powder for these brownies to have them be as chocolatey as possible.
- oil- You will need regular vegetable oil for these brownies to make them more moist and chewy.
- Egg – You will need one egg and one egg yolk to increase the fat content of these brownies and make them extra chewy.
- Vanilla– I have spoken about this before, but vanilla makes the chocolate flavor come out even more so don’t skip the vanilla extract.
- Flour– You will need a little all-purpose flour for these brownie bites.
- Salt– Always add a little salt to your brownies or baked good to balance out the sweetness of the dessert.
- Corn starch– We use corn starch in cookies to make them softer and that’s what we will be doing for these brownies as well. The corn starch will keep them soft and chewy as well.
- White candy melts or white chocolate– This is used to make the football sewing decorations!
How to make football brownie bites?
Here is how you can make the best game day brownie bites. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed directions.
- Cook the butter, water, granulated sugar and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl and add in the oil and the vanilla extract and gently mix, then let it cool down.
- Whisk in the egg and the egg yolk until well combined.
- Add in the flour, corn starch, and salt and gently fold just until the dry mixture disappears.
- Split the batter into the 24 greased mini muffin tin cavities and bake for 15 minutes. Let the brownies cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate or the candy melts and place the mixture in a ziplock bag. Snip off a tiny bit of the corner and carefully pipe football. laces on each brownie bite.
More brownie recipes you will love!
- Easy Fudgy Cream Cheese Brownies
- Bakery Style Brownies With no Cocoa Powder+VIDEO+TIPS
- Out of this World Pretzel Brownies without cocoa powder
Tips for the best gameday football brownies
Here are a few tips that will ensure that your brownies are as good as possible!
- Make sure to use a nonstick pan or grease and flour it very well to make sure that your brownies won’t stick.
- Don’t over bake your brownies. We want these brownie bites to stay as fudgy as possible!
- Don’t have a thin piping tip? Melt your candy melts or white chocolate and place it in a ziplock bag. Cut a small piece off the tip of the bag and start piping the football sewing pattern.
These brownies are definitely on the fudgier side. Want to make them extra decadent? Microwave them for about 10 seconds and enjoy! So good…
How to store these football brownie bites?
You can easily make these in advance and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Can you freeze brownie bites?
You sure can! Brownie bites are the easiest little things to save in the freezer for whenever the cravings hit. I like to freeze each one individually on a parchment lined baking sheet of ran hour or two then transfer them to an airtight container.
This method will ensure that your brownies don’t freeze in a giant block. You can store the brownies using this method for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to enjoy a brownie pull it out and either microwave it if you are impatient like me, or let it thaw at room temperature for about an hour.
Gameday brownie bites recipe
If you tried and enjoyed thesegame day brownies, make sure to give it a 5-star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the description.
Game Day Football Brownie Bites
- 3 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanillla
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ cup white chocolate or white candy melts
- First start by preheating the oven to 350F and grease a mini muffin tin then set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, add in the water, butter, granulated sugar, cocoa powder and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Take off the heat, and transfer to a heat proof glass bowl. Add in the oil and the vanilla extract and mix. It will be hard to combine the oil with the cocoa powder mixture but don't worry about it. Let the mixture cool down for 5-10 minutes then add in the egg and the egg yolk and whisk until well combined.
- Add in the flour, salt, and corn starch and gently fold until the dry mixture disappears. Do not overmix!
- Using a small cookie scooper, divide the brownie batter into 24 mini muffin cavities and bake for 15 minutes. You will know that your brownies are ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes our with moist crumbs. Don't over bake! Let the brownie cool in the pan on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes then remove them from the muffin tin.
- Once the brownies are completely cool, melt the white chocolate or candy melts in a microwave safe bowl then transfer the mixture into a plastic bag. Cut a tiny bit of the tip of the bag and carefully pipe football laces on each brownie bites. Let the brownies set then enjoy!
Did you enjoy these football brownie bites? We would love it if you could leave a comment letting us know. In the meantime don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!