When I say super fluffy almond flour pancakes I mean it! These are the world’s best almond flour pancakes ever. They are absolutely melt in your mouth delicious and make for an easy and healthy everyday breakfast!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Almond flour pancakes that are extremely fluffy, moist, and gluten free! How about that, huh!
I am so glad you are here, because this paleo pancake recipe is totally one of a kind! It is easy, healthy, and best of all so so delicious. We have this practically everyday at my house.
Yea… I know, you are gonna say I say this about most of the recipes on the blog. But this gluten free pancake recipe is truly special!
It can be customized to your specific diet, whether it is dairy free, gluten free, paleo or even keto, these pancakes are for you.
This is the world’s best almond flour pancake recipe!
After the holiday season I ended up with a huge bag of almond flour in my pantry and I knew I wanted to share my famous super fluffy almond flour pancakes with you guys.
It is a recipe that everyone enjoys, even those who are not on any specific diet and that’s another beautiful thing about these healthy almond flour pancakes.
I often make these almond pancakes during the weekend. If I am making a large batch of the healthy almond flour pancakes, I do it the night before and store them in the fridge. It makes for the perfect healthy breakfast meal prep.
What is so special about these fluffy almond flour pancakes?
Oh my god… I don’t even know where to start! I didn’t think these pancakes were going to come out this good but they did and I am absolutely ecstatic about it!
They rose so well to make the perfect fluffy pancake! The flavor is incredible and if you decide to top them with maple syrup they will absolutely melt in your mouth! I topped mine with butter and maple syrup and I would not have them any other way. This was the maple syrup I had at the time, delicious! They also have sprayable maple syrups, which is super cool to have, check it out here.
Another awesome thing about these pancakes is that they are made with almond flour! So in addition to them tasting amazing, they will contain a pretty good amount of protein from the ground up almond. This will keep you fuller for longer! Yay to healthy almond flour pancakes.
more recipes you will love!
Tool to make these healthy almond flour pancakes
Click the links below to see what I used to make these delicious almond pancakes
- Whisk– If you don’t have a whisk just yet, I definitely recommend this one!
- Mini spatula – I love using mini spatulas when I make small batch recipes. So since this could be considered a small batch pancake recipe , I went with these.
- Measuring cups– I have a multitude of measuring cups because well.. I can’t resist buying kitchen stuff. But these are one of my favorites 🙂
- Pan– I like using these non-stick pans. They come in three sizes and work perfectly for making these almond pancakes!
Ingredients for a pretty easy almond flour pancake recipe
The ingredients are pretty simple and straight to the point. Make sure to use almond flour instead of almond meal in these pancakes to get the perfect texture.
- Almond flour- use almond flour not almond meal!
- Baking powder- This is used to make these pancakes super fluffy.
- Coconut sugar- You can omit this completely or use an alternative sweetener to keep this recipe keto.
- Salt– The main thing for depth of flavor.
- Eggs– The binding agents.
- Vanilla extract- Pancakes without vanilla extract are just sad pancakes… If you really don’t have any vanilla extract, use good quality maple syrup to top the pancakes to make up for it 🙂
- Almond milk- The almond flour pancakes are made using almond milk.
- Apple cider vinegar- This helps make the pancakes super fluffy as well!
- Coconut oil- Any neutral will work here, this helps keep the pancakes moist.
What is almond flour?
Almond flour, though very different from regular flour, can be used to create healthier recipes. Many times people use it to keep their recipes mainly low carb and sometimes even keto.
Almond flour is made by grinding sweet blanched almonds into a fine powder. It is usually a lot finer than almond meal and a lot lighter too. The consistency is often described as corn meal like.
There you have it! Next time anyone asks what almond flour is or how it’s made, you’ll have the answer right away 🙂
Simple almond flour pancake substitutions!
Just like so many recipes, sometimes substitutions can be so helpful especially if you don’t have certain ingredients… Below are what you can substitute and what to substitute it with.
- coconut sugar- You can substitute this with brown sugar or just regular sugar but to keep this almond flour pancakes healthy stick to something natural! If you are following the keto diet use erythritol or monk fruit sweetener.
- Almond milk- You technically could use any milk you’d like, but for the sake of keeping this recipe paleo I used almond milk. You could also use regular cow’s milk, coconut milk, or any other nut milk.
- Coconut oil- If you don’t have coconut oil, it’s all good. You can use any other oil that is neutral tasting to avoid it messing up the overall flavor of these pancakes.
- Apple cider vinegar- The ACV in this recipe is used to make these almond pancakes as fluffy as can be! The vinegar in this recipe helps activate the leavening agent. So if you don’t have apple cider vinegar, you could always use lemon or lime juice or regular white vinegar.
Are these almond pancakes keto?
First off what is keto? Well, if you have used the internet at all in the past couple of years you’d know that it is a type of diet that entails eating really low carbs to lose weight.
So back to the question of are these almond flour pancakes keto? Well they absolutely could be! Every ingredient used in this recipe with the exception of the coconut sugar is perfectly suitable for the keto diet. So if you are following this specific diet, use erythritol or monk fruit instead of the coconut sugar to naturally keep your pancakes sugar free!
You could also go with a sugar free syrup instead of the maple syrup to keep your breakfast keto and low carb!
How to make almond flour pancakes?
I don’t know what I have been waiting for, but sharing this recipe was probably one of the best decisions I made this February! Now I think the best decision you guys will make will be to make these beauties!
Alright so when it comes to how to make pancakes with almond flour, this will be your guide! Follow it and you will have a successful delicious stack of fluffy almond pancakes!
- Start by mixing all the dry ingredients together.
- Now, in a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and mix just until everything is well incorporated
- Heat up a pan on medium to medium-low heat and pour about ¼ cup of pancake batter on there. When you start seeing bubbles forming on the top of the pancakes, you’ll know it’s time to flip. It will take about 2-3 minutes on the first side, then another 1 minute or so on the second side.
- Top your pancakes with butter and maple syrup and enjoy your delicious breakfast!
How many servings does this fluffy almond flour pancake recipe yield?
This recipe will yield anywhere from 6-8 pancakes. This doesn’t sound like a lot but since we are using almond flour they tend to be pretty filling, so you will get about 2 servings from this recipe.
My sister and I split them between us two, but I know my boyfriend will want the whole thing for himself. So, I guess it depends on how much you usually eat for breakfast!
Tips for making THE BEST and FLUFFIEST almond flour pancakes
- Make sure to use almond flour not almond meal for this recipe. Almond flour is a little finer than almond meal and that’s what is going to give an amazing texture to these healthy almond flour pancakes.
- You are going to want to use room temperature ingredients. If your ingredients are too cold the coconut oil will solidify and we don’t want that!
- Make sure to use vanilla extract! It adds a beautiful depth to the pancakes and makes them taste like they’re something you get at a fancy breakfast restaurant!
- Do not overcook the pancakes! It is very easy to overcook these pancakes, so keep them on medium-low heat for the 2-3 minutes at first and then check. Patience is a virtue for this recipe!
How to store these gluten free paleo almond pancakes?
One of the best parts about these pancakes is that they can very easily be stored for future use. I personally store them in the fridge because I know they will be eaten within a couple of days (or hours… yes they are that good!)
So to store these paleo, gluten free, and possibly keto pancakes in the fridge in an airtight container. This technique will keep them for about a week. Make sure to pop them in the toaster of microwave before you want to eat them to get the best tasting pancake ever!
Can you freeze almond flour pancakes?
Whenever I triple this recipe, I like these delicious almond pancakes in the freezer so that they keep longer. The idea is similar to storing them in the fridge. Place them in an airtight container, making sure to place parchment paper between each pancakes to avoid them from sticking. Then pop that in the freezer, it can last up to three months.
Make sure to thaw the pancakes in the fridge first and then microwave them or place them in the toaster oven before eating.
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Super Fluffy Almond Flour Pancakes
If you tried these quick almond flour pancakes make sure to leave a 5 star review below! It would help others find this recipe easier 🙂
Super fluffy almond flour pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- First, start by mixing the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Starting with the almond flour, baking powder, coconut sugar and salt.
- Then, in a separate bowl mix the whisk ingredients together. starting with the eggs, vanilla extract, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and coconut oil.
- Then pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix just until everything is well incorporated.
- Preheat an oiled pan on the stove at medium-low heat and pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the center of the pan and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes. You will know when it's ready to flip when little bubbles start to form on top of it. Flip it and let it cook for another minute of so.
Shop this recipe
This article may contain some affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
If you enjoyed this super fluffy almond flour pancakes recipe make sure to pin it for later!
As always, if you have tried these fluffy almond pancakes I would love to know if you liked them! So leave a comment down below to let me know how yours turned out 🙂 Also be sure to follow along on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK for even more amazing recipes!
These were a hit amongst my carnivore eating hubby and my two young kiddos! I so appreciate that they don’t require any “extra” ingredients like specialty flours or things of that sort. Thank you!
You’re so welcome Sipkje! Glad to hear they were a hit.
Have been making thse pancakes and loving them. Recently been told I can’t have eggs. Is there anything I can substitute for the eggs???
Absolutely the best almond flour pancakes I have ever had.
That’s amazing! I’m so glad you enjoyed these!
How many pancakes is one serving?
The recipe makes 7 small pancakes, a serving is, however, many pancakes you decide to make.
I never leave comments but Chahinez I have tried four different almond flour recipes recently in search of a staple and Yours was truly the best! The others I’ve tried were dry or would burn so quickly I couldn’t get an even cook on them. These were so simple and truly FLUFFY and moist. Thank you for sharing, I will be trying your other recipes as well!
This is the kindest thing ever!! I truly appreciate you taking the time to let me know!! Enjoy them and I’m happy you found a new staple recipe to add to your recipe book!
I don’t know if it was the size of my eggs or what but this only made 5 pancakes for me. 🤷♀️ Great tasting pancakes though. 😊❤️
Glad to hear they still came out tasty friend! 🙂
Omg this is heavenly delicious! My boyfriend and I are in love with this pancake. Almond meal is my recent favourite baking ingredient since I can’t have gluten 🙂
Glad to hear you both loved the pancakes. Enjoy!
Hi everyone I made the Almond Flour Pancakes and they were absolutely the Best, most delicious and true to recipe almond flour pancakes I have tried. I have adopted a healthier eating lifestyle and tried about six different recipes but this is the Only Recipe which came out perfect and my family loved the pancakes!!!
Do you have soft roti/ naan recipes??
Thank you so much for trying this recipe, I am so glad you loved it! They are one of my favorite healthier pancake recipes ever!
I don’t have any roti or naan recipes on the blog unfortunately!
I made these for my wife, she said they were the best yet. They certainly looked yummy! She ate them all lol so they must have been good!
Lifestyle of a Foodie
Thank you so much for letting us know!! We love hearing when you try these out and love them as much as we do. So happy your wife enjoyed them a lot too 🙂 Yay for new traditions.
Would this mixture work in a waffle maker?
I never tried them in a waffle maker so I am not sure. Let me know if you do!
The pancakes look yummy 😊
Lifestyle of a Foodie
Than you so much! Let me know if you give them a try 🙂