This 3-ingredient low carb keto strawberry xylitol simple syrup is the perfect sweeter for lemonades, iced teas or any cocktails you have in mind. It will allow you to have a nice and refreshing drink without all the added sugars.
What is xylitol?
Xylitol is a sugar alcohol that comes naturally from corncobs or birch trees. Xylitol is a sugar that has a crystalline, granular structure and sweetness which is very similar to sugar. It also naturally occurs in many fruits and veggies and is even produced by the human body!
The key here is that your body does not absorb sugar alcohol the same as it does regular sugars, so this means a lower insulin response when consuming xylitol.
What are the benefits of Xylitol?
- Oral health. Xylitol helps starve a type of bacteria called Streptococcus mutans. These bacterias take sugar from the food we eat, ferment it and create an acid. This acid erodes away the enamel of teeth causing decay.
- Calcium absorption and stronger bones. Xylitol has been shown to aid in calcium absorption, a big thing when talking about prevention of osteoporosis and dental issues.
- Starvation of bacterias that cause infections. Studies have shown that xylitol helps starve certain bacterias that cause yeast infections and ear infections
All these benefits apply to xylitol when consumed in moderation.
Morning prep xylitol 100% pure
The xylitol that I received from Morning Pep is derived from birch trees grown in the united states. It is made out of quality hardwood birch trees and is absolutely pesticide free.
I will also some good information that was found on the back of the package;
- Replaces sugar in equal measurements
- 40% fewer calories than sugar and 75% fewer carbohydrates
- Supports dental health ( even improves it by fighting plaque)
- No aftertaste- unline most sugar substitutes
- Safe for diabetics- low glycemic index
- Kosher certified
- Free of GMO, Corn, Wheat, Gluten, Soy & Dairy
Another thing that you have to make sure to be aware of is that even though xylitol is safe for humans it is not for dogs! So make sure to store your xylitol away from your pups to keep them safe!
I have received this xylitol from morning pep free of charge to try out and provide you guys with an honest opinion. I have come up with a strawberry simple syrup recipe using the low carb sweetener to use with my lemonades since it is getting a little warmer but it could definitely be used for cocktails as well!
Why low carb/keto strawberry simple syrup?
I decided to make this recipe because I was in desperate need for something super refreshing during the Ramadhan month!
I went with strawberries for this one because for some reason they keep having sales on these beautiful fruits so I could not say no to something as yummy as strawberries!
I’ve actually been having strawberries in my fridge for the past couple weeks and they really do make the best snack or dessert ever!!!
I also figured that many people who are trying to cut down on sugar don’t have many options when it comes to flavored simple syrups! So I thought why not try and make a keto simple syrup using the strawberries that I had in the fridge and my xylitol sweetener.
I hope you guys find this simple 3 ingredient strawberry low carb simple syrup super easy to make and satisfying to enjoy!
How to make keto simple syrup recipe?
The this low carb strawberry syrups is simple and straight to the point. All you need to do is heat up the water and dissolve the granulated xylitol in there then add the strawberries pieces in the mix and let them boil.
This technique will yield a beautiful red strawberry simple syrup that could be used in lemonades, cocktails and anything else you might have in mind!
Keto Low Carb Strawberry Xylitol Simply Syrup
Keto Low carb Strawberry Xylitol Simple Syrup
- 1.5 cup water
- 1 cup granulated xylitol
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- heat the water and the sugar in a sauce pan until the xylitol has dissolved
- add in the chopped strawberries and bring to a boil for 10 minutes
- Lower the heat to medium low and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the strawberries have become completely mushy and the liquid looks deeply red
- strain the liquid using a sieve and store in a mason jar, don't press the strawberries too much unless you don't mind your simple syrup being a little cloudy
Could you make this syrup with other fruits?
Definitely! you could use other berries, peaches, nectarines, pretty much anything that you would use to make a regular simple syrup with you could use for this low carb option!
Products that I love
This article may contain some affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase
Some recipes that might interest you:
- Healthy homemade strawberry chia jam (no sugar added)
- Healthy Strawberry and Cream Oatmeal Recipe for two
- Berry Chia Seed parfait
As always, make sure to follow me on Instagram at @Chahinez_tbt and Pinterest. And if you try this recipe out let me know how you like it :)! Have an awesome day and make sure to pin this for later
Leave a Comment