I can honestly smell and taste my grandmother’s strawberry jam if I just close my eyes and think about it. So to me, jam is an emotional thing, it reminds me of my youth and brings back all those good memories.
So now, I am here to show you guys how easy it is to make homemade jam in only thirty minutes. It is extremely simple and it also is very healthy as well. With no sugar added you will get to taste the freshness of the berry and keep those extra inches off your waist this summer. The trick here is to add those full of fiber and omega-3s chia seeds. They will soak up a lot of the liquid and make the jam a lot thicker without the use of any pectin or white sugar.
Healthy homemade strawberry chia jam
(no sugar added)
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
3 cups or 600 grams of strawberries
5 tablespoon of raw honey
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
3 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 vanilla pod
- First start by rinsing the strawberries, removing the leaves, and slicing them into quarters
- Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape off the vanilla beans.
- In a pan put the fresh strawberries, the lemon juice, the vanilla beans, the cut-up vanilla pod and the honey together and stir it all up.
- Cover the pan and let the mixture simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Now add the chia seeds, stir the jam and let it cook on medium-low heat for another 5 minutes.
- let it sit before transferring it to a sterilized mason jar.
- Let it cool and then store the jam in the fridge for up to three weeks.
On a side note, I wanted to tell you guys about a complementary product that I received in the mail a couple of days ago!
This pure blends butter is a dairy free option for all my plant-based eaters. I was a little unsure about the product at first but then after trying it, it made me change my mind completely.
I have never had a plant-based butter spread before but after trying this product I am a believer hahaha! So if you guys follow a strictly plant-based diet make sure to try this new avocado oil buttery spread.