This cookies and cream skillet cookie or Oreo pizookie as some might call it is pretty much a ain’t Oreo chocolate chip cookie that you make in a skillet and serve to impress! Topping it with ice cream is optional but highly recommended!
Since you’re here, you might also like Chick Fil A Cookies and Cream Milkshake copycat recipe, The best Crumbl Oreo Birthday Cake Cookies,Golden Oreo Truffles with Cream cheese, and even No Bake Chocolate Pie with Oreo Crust.
This is the best cookies and cream skillet cookie
There is literally nothing better than a giant cookie, or cookies and cream skillet cookie in this case. The process of making this large cookie in a skillet is exactly the same as you would make regular cookies but instead of scooping or rolling each one, you just spread it on a cast iron skillet, and call it a day.
It’s an insane time saver, especially when hosting a get-together or gathering. You pop it in the oven and in just a little bit you have yourself a delicious, easy, and super impressive dessert.
What is a pizookie or a skillet cookie?
Pizookie AKA pizza and cookie put together. They usually are made in a skillet and are a bit thicker than your average chocolate chip cookie. They are very popular at a restaurant called Bj’s.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- No need to roll, just pop on a skillet, spread, and bake.
- This recipe will save you time.
- Everyone loves a giant Pizookie cookie, so impress the crowds by making this.
- It has just the right amount of Oreo to chocolate chip to create the perfect balance of flavors.
Ingredients for this cookies and cream skillet cookie
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this dessert. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– Use softened butter for this recipe. Either salted or unsalted butter works well.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar– There is a mixture of brown sugar and granulated sugar to get that perfect texture.
- Eggs– Use room-temperature eggs for this.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract will give this dessert a little extra depth of flavor.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this recipe.
- Corn starch– The corn starch will make this cookies and cream cookie skillet a bit more tender.
- Baking soda– This will give our pizookie a little extra height.
- Salt– Use a little salt in your baked goods to balance out the flavors.
- Oreos– Make sure to use double-stuff Oreos for this recipe.
- Mini chocolate chips – Use high-quality chocolate chips for this recipe to make it extra good.
How to make a cookies and cream pizookie
This is how you can make this skillet cookie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- cream the butter and sugars together until combined.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Mix in the dry ingredients, fold in the chopped-up Oreos and mini chocolate chips and spread on a greased skillet.
- Top with more mini chocolate chips and chopped up Oreos and bake.
- Let the cookie skillet set for a little, then top with Ice cream and serve!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to serve a skillet cookie?
Skillet cookies are meant to be enjoyed warm, so think 10 minutes or so after it comes out of the oven. Be careful, the skillet itself will be really hot!
You can enjoy it as it, with some ice cream on top, or with a drizzle of caramel or hot fudge sauce.
Slice and serve or enjoy with a spoon right from the skillet itself!
How to store this cookies and cream skillet cookie?
Cover the pizookie leftovers and store at room temperature for up to 1 day.
How to reheat this cookies and cream pizookie?
Pop the whole skillet in a 325F preheated oven and heat up for 5-8 minutes.
Can I make this dessert in advance?
Yes, you can. Prepare everything, spread onto your skillet, cover tightly, and place in the fridge for up to 3 days. Once you’re ready to bake, let the cookie and the skillet get back to room temperature and bake as instructed in the recipe directions.
Can I make smaller skillet cookies with this recipe?
With this recipe, you will be able to make about 3-4 6-inch cookies and cream skillet cookies. You’ll have to bake them for less time.
Cookies and cream skillet cookies – Oreo pizookie
Cookies and cream skillet cookies – Oreo pizookie
- 1 10 inch cast iron skillet
- Preheat the oven to 350F then grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until combined. Add in the eggs and the vanilla and mix again until everything is incorporated.
- Mix in the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt, just until the flour disappears. Mix in th emini chocolate chips and the roughly chopped Oreos.
- Spread the batter onto the prepared castiron skillet, tip with 2-3 roughly chopped up Oreos and a few more mini chocolate chips and bake in the preheated oven for 23-25 minutes. Make sure not to overbake your skillet cookie.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before topping with ice cream and enjoying!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!