These kid friendly pancake mix blueberry muffins are one of the easiest breakfast recipes ever. Using pancake mix and a few more ingredients to bring you this easy on the go breakfast or snack recipe. With only 5 minutes of hands on work and 15 minutes in the oven, you will be enjoying these breakfast muffins in no time.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Where are all my quick breakfast recipe lovers at?! There is something about making a fresh breakfast muffin in the morning that just puts me in my feels.
I seriously think that it might be the smell that radiates through the house while everyone is sleeping and then just seeing everyone’s face lights up when they come out of their room that makes my day.
We all know that the smell of fresh blueberry muffins is up there when talking about fresh breakfasts.
These are the best pancake mix muffins ever!
When it comes to this quick pancake mix muffin recipe, I love it because you can easily whip it up anytime and enjoy it in less than 30 minutes.
It requires no crazy ingredients and looks and tastes almost homemade, that’s a plus for me! Another thing that we absolutely love about these breakfast pancake muffins is that they are also easily customizable. Don’t have blueberries? No worries, swap that with another berry or use chocolate chips instead.
What’s so special about these pancake muffins
- These muffins are kid friendly, with the help of an adult they can be made for breakfast by your little ones.
- They will be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Great breakfast option
- Perfect for your weekly breakfast meal prep
- Packed with blueberry goodness
Ingredients for pancake mix blueberry muffins
Here are ingredients you need to make these pancake muffins, make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient list.
- Pancake mix- This is the base of this muffin recipe. You can use whoever pancake mix for this recipe, but higher quality pancake mix will make tastier your muffins will be.
- Sugar– Granulated sugar is gonna be the sweetener of choice for these blueberry muffins.
- Butter milk– I love using buttermilk for these pancake muffins because it will make them extra moist and fluffy. You can also use a 1:1 ratio of milk if you don’t have pancake mix.
- Butter– The butter will add richness and a depth of flavor to these muffins.
- Vanilla (optional) – The vanilla adds a great depth of flavor to the muffins.
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent for these blueberry muffins.
- Blueberries– Fresh blueberries are best for these muffins if they’re in season but if you are craving blueberry muffins when you can’t find fresh blueberries, you can always use frozen berries!
These muffins don’t taste like pancake mix at all, they also don’t taste like a muffin that’s made from scratch. I would say they’re a cross between the two. They are not too sweet and burst with blueberries. They are perfect with a cup of tea or coffee!
Can you use fresh or frozen blueberries in blueberry muffins?
You can use both fresh or frozen blueberries for this blueberry muffin recipe. If you are using frozen blueberries, make sure to thaw them and pat them dry with a paper towel so that they don’t stain the whole muffin mix.
More muffin recipes you will love!
- Strawberry Jam-Filled Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Easy & Moist Cranberry Orange Muffins with Orange Glaze
- The Best Pumpkin Muffins with Pumpkin Streusel
- Sky High Banana Walnut Muffins | Starbucks inspired
What is the best pancake mix to use for this recipe?
I usually love using Krusteaz pancake mix for my recipes that use pancake mix because it always yields the best and fluffiest baked goods.
How to make blueberry muffins with pancake mix
Here is how you can make these blueberry pancake mix muffins at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed recipe.
- Mix all the ingredients minus the blueberries in a large bowl.
- Fold in the blueberries gently until evenly distributed.
- Divide the muffin batter into the prepared cupcake tin then top with some granulated sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven and cool down before enjoying.
Pancake muffins mix-ins
Here are a few other muffin mix in ideas:
- Diced peaches
- Mini chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Almond butter swirls
- Peanut butter swirls
These are only a few options, if you decide to get a little more adventurous, let me know in the comments below what you used!
More pancake mix recipes
How to store these pancake muffins with blueberries
You can store these blueberry muffins in an aairtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in an airtight container in the fridge fro up to 5 days.
I like to pop them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds before I enjoy it.
- Don’t over mix your muffin batter. Because the pancake mix already has the leavening agent, the moment you add in the wet ingredients and mix, the batter will start rising so you want to immediately place it in the prepared muffin tin to keep it high.
- You can also make this muffin recipe in a small muffin tin, just bake them for a little less. About 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the. middle comes out clean.
Kid friendly pancake mix blueberry muffins
If you made these kid friendly pancake mix blueberry muffins and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Kid Friendly Pancake Mix Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cup pancake mix
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar plus extra for topping.
- 2/3 cup buttermilk or milk
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400F then line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the pancake mix, sugar, buttermilk, melted butter, egg using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, then scoop out the muffin mix evenly into the 12 muffin liners, sprinkle 1 tsp granulated sugar on the muffin tops and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minute or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here!
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the mean time, don’t forget to follow me on instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!