This heart valentine’s day cookie cake for two is a beautiful way to show your love. Especially if you both love ooey gooey chocolate cookies! This dessert for two has a delicious chewy center, with crisp and buttery edges. Top it with whipped white chocolate ganache and you got yourself the best romantic dessert!
I have been looking for a good cookie cake recipe to fit my 6-in heart baking pan for the longest time without any success! So I finally decided to start tying to make this cookie cake heart myself!
After a couple of tries, I was able to come up with the best valentine’s day dessert for two recipe ever!
Of course, I did make this before valentine’s day because I honestly have no patence when it comes to sweets… ( something I definitley should work on)
But if you have the patience and make it to valentine’s day this is one of the most romantic desserts for two ever. Both Kyle and my sister approve. They actually fought over who could have the last pieces because this small batch heart cookie cake was that good!
What makes this heart valentine’s day cookie cake so special?
Well besides the melt in mouth cookie bites, the next best thing is that this recipe is a small batch recipe plus it has white chocolate ganache on top !! I mean can you get more luxurious than that?!
I have looked online for the longest time, searching for a good cookie cake recipe to make in my 6 inch heart mold or pan but I just couldn’t find anything. So I figured I probably was not the only one that had to be looking for that so I decided to make the recipe and share it with you guys!
Another thing that makes this heart cookie cake special is the fact that is is made for two! I know valentine’s day should celebrate love for everyone but sometimes you might be doing something for your significant other and don’t want any leftovers! February 15 is when the diet restarts, am I right or am I right haha!!
The last thing I want to mention is that this can be a super versatile dessert, since both kids and adults alike love cookies. You could make this for anyone really 🙂
So these are only a few things that make this recipe special. Let me know in the comments below how you liked this and why you think this recipe is special for you!
more cookie recipes you will love!
- Small batch peanut butter cookies
- Valentine’s day stamped shortbread cookies
- Small batch chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate walnut slice and bake cookies
- Chocolate chip walnut cookies
Tools you will need for this recipe
Ingredients to make a 6 inch heart cookie cake
Below I will list the ingredient to make this cookie cake for two. So that this way you can write them down before going to the grocery store and get everything all at once for this years valentine’s day!
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Egg yolk
- Corn starch
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
- Sprinkles– I used these Wilton ones
How to make chocolate chip cookie cake from scratch?
If you know how to make regular cookies from scratch, I can assure you that you will know how to make a chocolate chip cookie cake from scratch!
It is the same idea, except that you put the cookie dough in a bigger pan instead of scooping little balls/scoop on the baking sheet! So if you’re ready, this is how to make this valentine’s day heart cookie cake from scratch:
Start by lightly greasing the pan and set it aside.
Now, mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream the butter and both sugars, Then add the egg yolk and vanilla and mix until combined.
Add in the dry mixture 1/2 at a time and fold just until combined. Add in the second half and repeat the process.
Finally old in the chocolate chips. and pour the cookie dough mixture in the 6-inch heart pan.
With a rubber spatula, press the dough into the heart shaped baking pan. Press until evenly flat.
Place the baking pan in the freezer for 25 minutes.
About 20 minutes in start preheating the oven to 375F.
After chilling the dough for 25 minutes, bake the cookie cake for about 20-22 minutes. Start checking the cookie heart about 17 minutes in since ovens temperature vary.
Poke 1-2 tbsp chocolate chips to the top of the cookie cake one at a time as soon as you pull it out from the oven. This will make your cookie cake even more chocolatey! then let the cookie cake cool completely before transferring to a plate.
Pipe the white chocolate ganache along the edges and add sprinkles!
How to make white chocolate ganache icing?
Many of the cookie cakes out there use plain old frosting on top of their giant cookies. But for this recipe, we are gonna go a step further by making a small batch white chocolate ganache to pipe on top of our cake.
What do I need to make white chocolate ganache?
To make the white chocoalte ganache you only need 2 simple ingredients:
- Good quality white chocolate, I used this.
- Heavy cream
Making white chocolate ganache, a step by step guide.
Chop the white chocolate chips and place them in a heat proof container.
In a small sauce pan heat up the cream and pour it over the chocolate chips. Cover and let it do its job.
After 5 minutes stir the mixture until combined.
Cover the white chocolate ganache with plastic wrap and let it cool down for 20 minutes to an hour.
The white chocolate ganache should have a peanut butter consistency.
You can now use this to pipe or you can go a step further.
If you want a lighter in color more airy white chocolate ganache, whip it with a hand mixer or in the stand mixer for 1-2 minutes.
place the white chocolate ganache in a piping bag and decorate the edges of the 6 inch heart chocolate chip cookie cake.
What if I don’t have a piping bag?
No piping bag, no problem!
If you do not have a piping bag, just use a plastic bag and a piping tip.
- Cut the corner of the plastic bag. Cut a small hole and see if the piping tip fits. It is always better to cut a hole too small and then adjust it than to cut something huge and have to throw the plastic bag out.
- fill the plastic bag with the white chocolate ganache and pipe away!
What can I use instead of the white chocolate ganache?
If you don’t have white chocolate and cream, or just don’t want to use ganache you can always use:
- Cream cheese frosting– Check out my recipe for a small batch cream cheese frosting
- Italian meringue buttercream- This one tastes divine.
- Any store bought frosting would work amazingly too!
Tips to make the perfect cookie cake this valentine’s day!
- If you want a more refined cookie cake than me, then make sure to use a small star piping tip.
- This recipe yields a fairly thick cookie. If you want a thinner cookie, use a large heart baking pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time.
- Don’t over bake! Just like any cookie recipe, this cookie cake heart will continue baking when you pull it out of the oven. This will ensure that you will end up with ooey gooey chocolate cookies, and who doesn’t like that!
Valentine’s day heart cookie cake for two
Valentine’s day heart cookie cake for two
- 6 inch heart shaped pan
- piping bag
- Star tip
- 6 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips + 1-2 tbsp for topping
white chocolate ganache
- 40 grams heavy cream about 1/4 cup
- 120 grams good quality good chocolate chips about 3/4 cup
- First, lightly grease and flour the baking pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, and the salt then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg yolk and the vanilla and mix some more until combined.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet mix, and fold gently just until incorporated. Add the second half of the dry mixture and repeat the process. DO NOT OVER MIX. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a rubber spatula press the dough into the 6 inch heart shaped baking pan. Press until evenly flat. place the baking pan with the cookie dough inside of it in the freezer for 25 minutes.
- 5 minutes before removing the baking pan from the freezer, start preheating your oven to 375F.
- After chilling the cookie dough, place it in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes. Start checking your cookie at around 17 minutes since all ovens vary in temperature.
- Let the cookie cool completely in the baking pan then run a knife along the edges to loosen before transferring to a plate. Pipe the white chocolate ganache along the edges and add sprinkles. If you do not want to pipe the white chocolate ganache you could just spread it on top and decorate this cookie heart as you please!
Make the white chocolate ganache.
- Chop the white chocolate chips finely and place them in a heat proof container
- In a small sauce pan bring the cream to a light simmer and pour it over the white chocolate making sure that all the chocolate is covered by the cream. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes then stir until combined.
- If you still have pieces of chocolate that did not melt, microwave the mixture for 10 seconds and stir again. Continue the process until fully melted.
- Cover the white chocolate ganache with plastic wrap, making sure to have it touch the surface. ( this will keep it from developing a film on top)
- We want the ganache to have a peanut butter consistency. This will take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour depending on how cold it is where you are.
- You can now pipe the white chocolate directly but I went a step beyond. I whipped it to make it more airy and a little lighter in color.
- using a hand mixer or a stand mixer whip your white chocolate ganache for 1-2 minutes then transfer it to the piping bag. Pipe this delicious white chocolate ganache all around the heart cookie cake, top it with sprinkles and you're all set!
Can you freeze chocolate chip cookie cake?
You can absolutely freeze this heart valentine’s day chocolate chip cookie cake. To do so, cut it into slices then seal it in an airtight container and place it in the freezer. Pull it out of the freezer the night before you are planning on enjoying it!