This white hot chocolate is a creamy spin on the more traditional regular hot chocolate except that this one is made with white chocolate bars or chips for a sweet and creamy extra cozy hot drink.
When it comes to a cold day I always revert back to something cozy and most of the time it’s hot chocolate. On snow days even more so but I’m saying this because I have a feeling I am not the only one.
That’s why this winter season, I decide to share my go-to super simple go-to drink for white chocolate fans.
This is the best white hot cocoa recipe ever!
Plus if you love Starbucks then this drink is right up your alley. Instead of using white chocolate sauce, we use really good quality chocolate to flavor our drink. Making it taste even more real!
Since you might already have these simple ingredients and since the cooler has really set it, I highly suggest you go ahead and make this ASAP! PS, let me know your thoughts once you try it 🙂
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This hot cocoa recipe is super easy to make and comes together so fast.
- It tastes just like the Starbucks white hot chocolate and maybe even better in my honest opinion.
- This recipe tastes better than any hot chocolate you can get from a shop but will be ready in no time!
What is white hot chocolate made out of?
Well, it depends on the recipe but this one uses some sort of liquid/milk and high-quality white chocolate plus some vanilla and salt.
Ingredients for this white-hot cocoa
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- White chocolate- Use high-quality white chocolate to ensure that your drink tastes as good as possible.
- Milk– I used 2% milk but feel free to use the milk of your choice. I you want to make your drink even richer you can mix in some half-and-half or even add some heavy whipping cream to the mix.
- Vanilla extract– This will help give extra depth of flavor to your hot milk drink!
- salt- This will help balance out the sweetness of the drink a bit more.
- Whipped cream or mini marshmallows- These would be for topping your delicious drink. Of course, you can have it as is but I feel like it’s always so much fun when you add a little pizazz to your drinks!
How to make this easy white hot chocolate recipe
This is how you can make this cozy drink. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Melt the white chocolate chips with the milk in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir the mixture constantly to make sure that the small pieces of chocolate melt and get combined with the milk.
- Remove the hot chocolate mixture from the stovetop once the milk gets to a light simmer. Make sure not to let it boil!
- Pour into a mug, top with whipped cream or mini marshmallows, and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Depending on the season you can switch up this recipe to make it fit your own needs and cravings.
- Spices- Adding cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, or even pumpkin spice will take this from a basic white hot cocoa to a super seasonal treat.
- Different chocolate- You can switch up the chocolate you use to change up the flavor of your drink fully.
- Peppermint candy- This will make your hot cocoa even more perfect for Christmas time.
How to store it for later or make it ahead of time?
You can store it in the fridge for later just be aware that it will harden and become a bit chunky. Just put it in a saucepan and bring it to a very light simmer before stopping it with your favorite toppings.
Creamy white chocolate
Cozy hot white chocolate
- Stir the milk, white chocolate, and salt in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Continue stirring occasionally until the hot white chocolate ingredients are all combined and the mixture almost comes to a light simmer. Don't boil! Add in the vanilla and stir2 cup whole milk, ½ cup white chocolate, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pinch salt
- Remove from the heat and serve it in your favorite mugs. Top with marshmallows, whipped cream, or whatever you like and enjoy!whipped cream, marshmallows
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!