These white chocolate blondies are a simple yet super decadent dessert. The addition of the brown butter takes them to the next level in the most perfect way. Giving them a little depth of flavor as well as a nuttier contrast to balance out the extra sweetness of white chocolate chips we used as well.
Since you’re here I know you love easy recipes so check out these fan favorites, m&m’s blondies, brown butter blondies, candied pecan blondies, these delicious chocolate chip cookies, as well as this small batch brownie recipe!
Brown butter white chocolate anything will have the key to your heart in no time, especially around this time of year. It is something so simple and yet so comforting, plus it is so fun to make.
Besides the fact that you can add these to your Christmas cookie swap lineup, you can also enjoy it in the morning or afternoon with your favorite coffee.
This is the best white chocolate blondies recipe ever!
Since my addiction to white chocolate recipes is only getting stronger I wanted to at least have something simple so I turned my classic blondies into these more elevated brown butter white chocolate chip ones.
So next time you are looking for a fun and easy sweet recipe try this one!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is so simple.
- This recipe uses brown butter to take the bars up a notch.
- They have the most perfect chewy texture.
- This recipe uses an extra egg yolk to make the cookie bars extra rich and chewy.
- It uses simple ingredients to give you one of the tastiest white chocolate desserts that all your family and friends will love!
Ingredients for these white chocolate bars
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this brown butter white chocolate blondie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Brown sugar
- Egg– Use room temperature large eggs for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract- This will give these cookie bars a beautiful vanilla flavor.
- Flour – All purpose flour works great.
- Cornstarch- This will make our cookie bars extra tender
- Salt– A little amount of salt in your baked goods helps balance out the sweetness of your cookie bars.
- White chocolate– Grab a high quality bag of white chocolate chips to make the best tasting blondies.
When making this recipe try to use a kitchen scale or try using the spoon and level method so the recipe turns out as close to the one you see here as possible.
How to make these delicious white chocolate blondies
This is how you can make this easy dessert. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Start by browning the butter.
- Mix the brown sugar and slightly cooled-down butter together in a large bowl.
- Add in the egg and the egg yolk and mix to combine.
- Mix in the dry ingredients then fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Spread onto a parchment paper-lined square pan and bake in the oven.
- Don’t worry if the middle of the blondies look a bit underdone, they’ll continue to bake as they cool on a cooling rack.
- Once it cools down, using the parchment overhang, pull out the blondies, place them on a cutting board, and slice before enjoying!
You can make this recipe by hand, using a hand mixer, or using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these white chocolate blondies
You can store these blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also store them in the fridge for up to 1 weeks. I like to heat them up in the microwave to get those melted white chocolate pools in the middle again before enjoying them.
Can I freeze these?
You sure can. Place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight or on the countertop for a few hours.
Can I make these white chocolate blondies with nuts?
One of my favorite ingredients to add to these is toasted macadamia nuts. Add some when you fold in your chocolate chips before baking.
Can I use different chocolate fot this recipe?
Absolutely! You can use semi-sweet chocolate or even dark chocolate here.
Can I make this recipe for the holidays?
Absolutely! You can of course use my Christmas m&m’s cookie bar recipe but if you wanna stick with this brown butter blondie, add some Christmas sprinkles to the batter as well as to the top of the batter before baking for a super cute finish.
Another way to decorate the blondie batter would be to use food coloring to color the batter according to the holiday you are making them for.
The best white chocolate chip blondies
White chocolate blondies
- An 8×8 baking pan
- Saucepan use code CH20 for 20% off!
For the blondie
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 & ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks optional
Make the brown butter
- In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter, making sure to stir continuously. Continue cooking it for 3-5 minutes or until the butter is foamy and turns medium golden brown.¾ cup butter
- This process is called browning the butter. Keep a close eye on it because it can burn easily. Remove from the heat, transfer to a medium bowl, and let the butter cool down to room temperature. It doesn't have to harden.
Make the brown butter blondie
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- When the butter is at room temperature, mix the melted brown butter and brown sugar together on medium speed until combined.1 & ¼ cup brown sugar, ¾ cup butter
- Add the egg, the egg yolk, and the vanilla extract and whip until everything is light and fluffy. This process will create a beautiful crinkly top.1 large egg, 1 egg yolk, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix in the flour, cornstarch, and salt just until the flour disappears. You don't want to over-mix the brown butter blondie mix. Fold in the chocolate or whatever mix-ins you decide to use.1 ¼ cup flour, 2 tablespoon cornstarch, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Spread the blondie mixture in the prepared 8X8 inch baking pan, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Once baked, pull out the blondies from the oven and allow them to cool down fully before slicing into them. I let them cool for an hour or two depending on my kitchen's temperature. They should be at room temperature. This will allow the bars to be fully set. Slice into 16 equal squares and enjoy.
- 4 days in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- A week in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- 1 monthin an air-tight container in the freezer!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!