These easy Valentine’s day Oreo truffles are made with regular Oreos cream cheese, and colored candy melts for the cutest little treats ever. They are great as a last-minute treat since they don’t require any baking.
Since you are here, I know you will also like these Valentine’s day Oreo m&m’s cookies, M&m’s blondies, as well as this Valentine’s day muddy buddy recipe.
Pink Valentine’s day oreo truffles are something everyone needs in their back pocket. They are simple yet will fly off the table first at every event.
And to be totally honest, that is not a problem at all because of how easy they are to throw together, plus they only require a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
This is the best Valentine’s day Oreo truffle recipe ever!
To make them fit the Valentine’s day theme, I decided to coat them in pink candy melts and add a light drizzle of white chocolate or white candy melts on top to stick the festive sprinkles on it.
Of course if you want to use regular white chocolate you definitely can, just make sure to color it with an oil base food coloring or a food coloring that is made specifically for chocolate so that tit doesn’t seize up on you.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is a simple no-bake treat.
- These Valentine’s day Oreo truffles can be made with things you already have on hand.
- They are a great easy treat to fill up your Valentine’s or Galentine’s day treats.
- You can get your little ones involved in making these as well.
Ingredients for this Valentine’s day Oreo truffle recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these pink Oreo truffles. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Regular Oreos
- Cream cheese
- Candy melts
- Valentine’s day sprinkles
How to make Pink Oreo truffles
This is how you can make this easy treat. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Pulse the oreos in a food processor until crumbly. You will want to crush cookies and fillings as well.
- Add in the cream cheese and mix again until fully combined.
- Roll 30 equally-sized truffle balls, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze for 30-60 minutes or until the balls are solid. This will help keep the truffles intact as you dip them in chocolate.
- Melt the pink candy melts in a medium bowl in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time.
- Dip the Oreo balls in the melted candy melts and roll it around to coat with a fork or a chocolate dipping tool then pull it out.
- Gently shake off the excess chocolate and place the golden Oreo truffles back on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with some crushed-up Oreos, or sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet, or drizzle with more melted chocolate and chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to set again.
- Keep these truffles refrigerated at all times, but you can keep them fresh in the fridge for up to 6 days.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
CAN I MAKE Valentine’s day OREO TRUFFLES AHEAD OF TIME?
Absolutely! These Golden Oreo balls store well in the fridge for up to 6 days. You can also make them and store them in the freezer as well.
HOW TO FREEZE Valenitne’s day OREO TRUFFLES?
These Oreos are a great make-ahead dessert that you can prepare and store in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
WHAT ARE SOME WAYS TO DECORATE THESE COOKIE TRUFFLES?
These Oreos balls with cream cheese can be made to look very simple or more extravagant. Here are some of my favorite ways to decorate it:
- Sprinkle with Crushed oreo on top for a nice pink and black contrast.
- Drizzled with some melted white chocolate or any other color candy melt.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR THE BEST OREO TRUFFLES
- Use softened cream cheese– Using softened cream cheese will make it easier to get a smooth dough when mixing with the Oreo Crumbs.
- Don’t skip the chilling – Freezing the Oreo balls is essential to making these truffles. It will help keep the balls intact when dipping them in the warm melted chocolate. Definitely don’t skip this step!
- Work in batches when dipping in the chocolate– The Oreo balls can soften quickly, so pull out a few at a time, dip in chocolate then continue with the rest.
Valentine’s day Oreo truffles
Valentine’s day Oreo truffles
- 36 Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz candy melts pink or white or a mix.
- Valentine's day sprinkles
- 2 oz white candy melts for drizzling
- Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Crush the Oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs form.36 Oreos
- Add in the chopped up room temperature cream cheese and pulse until the mixture turns into cookie dough. Using a small cookie scooper, scoop equally sized cookie dough balls, roll between the palm of your hands until smooth and palce on the baking sheet. Repeat until done and freeze for 30-60 minutes.8 oz cream cheese
- Melt the candy melts in separate bowls in the microwave and dip each ball into the melted candy melts with a fork or a chocolate dipping fork, roll to coat, then tap the fork on the side of the bowl to get rid of excess chocolate. Allow to set then drizzle some of the white chocolate candy melts on top and top with sprinkles.16 oz candy melts, Valentine's day sprinkles, 2 oz white candy melts
- Let the Oreo truffles set for about 30-60 minutes in the fridge before serving.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you, I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment