This detox warm grapefruit tea is the perfect winter drink. It is full of vitamins and anti-oxidants to help you fight bloat, sickness and shed the extra pounds! It also tastes absolutely amazing.
Make sure to sign up for our news letter to stay up to date on all the recipes!
A couple of days ago I came back from the store with 10 lbs of grapefruits…. Let me reiterate that,
I bought 10 lbs of grapefruits!!
The store I went to had an insane sale, for a dollar you could get 4 lbs! I mean how crazy is that.
Obviously I could’ve gone and made somethig super sugary and full of additives but I wanted to be good for once. I mean I’ve been on a roll with the cookie recipes. Check them out if you haven’t yet!
walnut chocolate chip cookies – Many people said that these cookies reminded them of the Levain chocolate chip walnut cookies from the famous New York bakery. I have never tried them but I don’t refuse the compliment!
Small batch chocolate chip cookies – This recipe makes 10 soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies that will probably be gone in less than a day! Trust me on that..
I have a lot more where those came from, but that’s not what this awesome grapefruit recipe article is about.
So after coming home with all of those grapefruits, I had to look for the perfect grapefruit recipes. Which I did, I also tried a lot of them but all of a sudden I realized something! The new year is right around the corner, and I know a lot of people start trying to eat a lot healthier around then.
So I decided to make a delicious warm detox grapefruit juice/ tea recipe to help you guys start eating and feeling better before then!
What’s so special about this detox grapefruit tea?
IT IS NOT BITTER!!!!!
To me grapefruit can be so bitter sometimes and that’s why I don’t always have it. I rememeber last year around this, I was trying to get in more vitamin C and grapefruit seemed like the perfect fruit to add into my diet.
Especially since I had Just stopped birth control. So for all my women friends who can’t have grapefruit because of their birth control this one is for you.
Also I am very much against birth control. It completely messed up my gut microbiome and lead to me getting so so sick. I am now working on reversing all of that but again this story is for another day!
So I would take a grapefruit, peel it and blend up because I didn’t not want to eat it like an orange because of how bitter it was. It worked well and made it a lot easier to get it down but this recipe is perfectly refreshing, not bitter, and will keep you warm in the winter months!
Equipment to make the best detox warm grapefruit tea
- Something to squeeze the lemon and grapefruit with. I used a manual squeezer because that’s what I had on hand! If you have a juicer, feel free to use that!
- A cutting board to cut your citrus fruit on.
- If you’re like me, you will definitely need these double walled mugs. They are perfect because they look fancy as well as keep the mug cool to the touch so you can drink your warm grapefruit drink anytime!
Recipe for grapefruit juice 880 6
Step by step with photos to make this warm grapefruit tea!
First start my steeping the mint tea. Pour some hot water over the leaves and let it sit for 3- minutes.
Then squeeze the juice of half a grapefruit.
Add in 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Pour the juices over the mint tea.
Add in a tiny bit of maple syrup for sweetness. You can totally omit this step but I had The Maple Guild and it tastes amazing so I had to add some!
Grapefruit tea benefits
Grapefruit can work wonders on your body! It is one of those magical citrus fruits that help detox your system and melt the extra fat off your hips! Who doesn’t like that…
If you can get past the bitter that sometimes comes with the grapefruit you’re on your way to success and that’s why I am here to help you make the perfect grapefruit detox tea!
- Grapefruit can help you lose weight! some research has shown that people who enjoy grapefruit before meals were able to lose 3.5 pounds in 12 weeks! Sure that is not a lot but that’s just by eating grapefruit and nothing else. Combine that with a healthy diet and exercise and you’re on your way for success!
- Grapefruit plays a huge role in detoxing your body! The high levels of pectin in the grapefruit helps the liver and kidneys flush out impurities from your body. This magical pectin component is a gelatinous fiber that sticks to toxins in the blood and flushes them out of the body through urine. So chug on that!!!
- Grapefruit can support healthy skin! Since grapefruits are from the citrus family they contain a very large amount of vitamin C, which promotes collagen formation and slows down the effects of free radicals. This helps maintain healthy and younger looking skin! A bonus of the vitamin C is that it will help support your immune system which means you will get sick less.
What is detoxing?
There has been this stigma about the word detox and I want to break it and help you understand better what I mean when I say that this warm grapefruit tea will help you detox!
When I say detox I do not mean it in a way of, eat all the crap in the world then detox your body the next day because that’s not how it works!
Our bodies are so smart that they are constantly doing their own detox and cleaning. the detox that I am talking about is a permanent process where you consciously chose to eat the cleanest, least processed foos possible!
I am not saying don’t have any of my other sweet and delicious baked goods I post on the blog but limit them! The recipes I make and share with you guys are meant to be made and shared with your loved ones!
In this case grapefruits will assist your body is doing an amazing job of detoxing and cleaning itself from the inside so that you feel your best!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Warm detox grapefruit drink
Warm detox grapefruit tea
- A citrus squeezer
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 short sprig of mint about 4-8 leaves
- 1 juice of one grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- In a large mug, combine the mint leave and the boiling water and let them sit for 3-5 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping, squeeze the juice of one grapefruit, add in one teaspoon of lemon juice. Pour everything in the mug with the mint tea. Add in a tablespoon of maple syrup if more sweetness is desired and enjoy!
Other drink recipes you will love!
- Healthy persimmon smoothie
- Avocado banana smoothie
- Sweet potato smoothie
- Mango orange immunity boosting smoothie
Shop this recipe
This article may contain some affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.