This Starbucks cheese danish recipe is a simple yet delicious breakfast pastry that you can make in the comfort of your own home to elevate your brunch. It is made with puff pastry, cream cheese, lemon, vanilla, and sugar and tastes incredible!
Since you are here make sure to check out this Starbucks iced matcha latte, sweet cream cold foam cold brew, salted cream cold brew, blueberry cheese danish recipe, cranberry sauce cheese danish, and this Starbucks blueberry scone recipe.
This is the best Starbucks cheese danish recipe
There is something extra special about a golden brown, crunchy, flaky, and creamy pastry to go with your cup of coffee. It is light, slightly sweetened, and makes for a great at-home for your weekly breakfast or weekend brunch.
Of course, we are using store-bought puff pastry sheets to make this delicious cheese pastry even easier to recreate. Of course, you can make your own homemade puff pastry if you want to turn this into a fun baking project on weekends but both would work great.
They are filled with creamy sweet cheese, and packed with lemon and vanilla flavors to bring it all together.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is a super easy recipe that you can recreate at home with a few simple ingredients.
- These breakfast treats pair so well with a nice cup of hot coffee.
- With this at-home version of your favorite coffee shop treat you’ll be able to skip the drive-through lanes and save money too because this is a fraction of the cost of the real deal!
- These cheese danishes taste even better than the Starbucks version.
Ingredients for this Starbucks danish
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this simple recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Puff pastry dough- You should be able to find this in the frozen aisles of your grocery stores. It will give us the most flaky pastry ever after baking.
- Granulated sugar
- Cream cheese- This is not the traditional cheese Starbucks uses in their danishes, but the good news is that cream cheese works just as well to give that delicious cheesy danish taste.
- Vanilla extract – Make sure to use the good stuff for ultimate flavor development.
- Egg- This is used as an egg wash to make the edges on the sheets of puff pastry golden brown.
- Feel free to mix in chocolate chips into the cheese filling for a delicious chocolate chip cheese danish.
How to make this Starbucks cream cheese danish
This is how you can make these Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a medium bowl, cream the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together on low speed until smooth.
- On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet slice the sheet of puff pastry into 8 rectangles using a knife of a pizza cutter.
- In a medium powder, cream the cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Fill a piping bag with the cream cheese and cut the tip off about 2 centimeters in. Pipe a line in the center of each puff pastry rectangle making sure to leave about half an inch on each side. In a small bowl whisk the egg with a tablespoon of water.
- Brush the edges with the egg wash and bake in the preheated oven.
- Serve as is or top with your favorite fruits for a fancier finish.
You can mix this with a whisk, a hand mixer, or even a stand mixer.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
HOW TO STORE THESE Starbucks CHEESE DANISHES?
To store your cheese danish, place them in an airtight container and place them in the fridge. Whenever you’re ready you can microwave your puff pastry cheese danish or pop it in the oven at 350 for a few minutes and enjoy.
CAN I FREEZE PUFF PASTRY CHEESE DANISHES?
Yes, you can! You can freeze them in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Once ready to serve thaw them in the fridge overnight and reheat them on a parchment-lined prepared baking sheet in a 350F preheated oven for a few minutes.
What cheese does Starbucks use in their treat?
From the website, it looks like they use Neufchâtel cheese in their danishes.
Cheese danish Starbucks copycat recipe
Starbucks cheese danish copycat recipe
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 400F, then line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a flat surface spread the puff pastry and cut it into 6 equally sized squares or rectangles depending on the shape of your puff pastry. Place on the baking sheet.1 sheet puff pastry
- In a medium powder, cream the cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Fill a piping bag with the cream cheese and cut the tip off about 2 centimeters in. Pipe a line in the center of each puff pastry rectangle making sure to leave about half an inch on each side.4 oz cream cheese, 2 tablespoon granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and water to make the egg wash. Dip a pastry brush in the egg wash, and brush the edges of the puff pastry.1 egg, 1 tablespoon water
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-16 minutes before pulling them out and letting them cool down on a cooling rack
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!