Soft and chewy 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are a traditional family favorite in my house. The fact that they only require 3 ingredients makes them that much more special. They are easy to whip up and are packed with peanut butter.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
When I moved to American and found out about the abundance of peanut butter that you guys have here, I was literally in heaven! I asked for a jar of peanut butter for my birthday because it was such a treat for me!
Having that abundance of peanut butter allowed me get creative in the kitchen with it. I made evrything from cakes, to macarons. If I thought it was oging to taste good with peanut butter, I tried it and more often than not it worked!
But deep down, I knew that you can never beat the OG 3 ingredient peanut butter recipe.
These are the best 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies ever!
A soft and chewy, a salty and sweet, amazingly delicious peanut butter cookies. A cookie recipe that you will need to save for many many years to come!
The cool thing about this recipe is that it can be made in no time. The cookie dough part itself can be made faster than the time your oven will need to preheat! Neat huh!?
What makes these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies so special?
- 3 ingredient wonder!
- One bowl cookie recipe.
- Less clean up, more cookie enjoyment.
- Peanut butter lover’s favorite.
- Soft and chewy every time.
- Kids can make this recipe because of how easy it is!
What is the texture of 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies
These peanut butter cookies are a little different from regular flour peanut butter cookies but they are still soft and chewy. They have a crispy outside with a soft and dense interior.
Ingredients for peanut butter cookies
Here are the three ingredients you will need to make these peanut butter cookies at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full recipe.
- Peanut butter– You can use both creamy or smooth peanut butter for this recipe. I like to use smooth peanut butter.
- Sugar– You will need plain old granulated sugar for this recipe.
- Egg– You will need one egg at room temperature to make these 3 ingredient cookies.
Can I use a different type of nut butter?
You sure can! I have made this recipe with almond butter, cashew butter, and sun flower butter and it worked great. They have different flavor based on the nut butter used but each one tastes just as good!
How to make 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies?
Here is how you can make these easy peanut butter cookies in less than 30 minutes. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card to see the full detailed instructions.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls, roll them between the palm of your hand and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Flatten the cookie dough balls using a fork, gently press down on the cookie dough balls making a criss cross shape.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven.
Peanut butter cookie variations
Since this cookie recipe focuses on the usage of only 3 ingredients, I couldn’t go too crazy with it but feel free to do so if you’d like. Here are a few add ins that could make these peanut butter cookies way better:
- Chocolate chips- Who doesn’t love chocolate chips in their cookies! You can add ½ cup chocolate chips to the cookie dough before baking these cookies for a delicious treat.
- Vanilla– Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for the cookie dough batter for an extra depth of flavor.
- Sea salt– I love a good sweet and salty combo when it comes to cookies. Gently sprinkle the cookies with flaky sea salt before baking.
- Crushed nuts– You can add in ⅓ cup of crushed or chopped nuts to the cookie dough before baking for an added textural element.
How to make nut-free cookies?
I understand that many people who have nut allergies might not be able to have these. But you can replace the peanut butter with sun flower butter at a 1:1 ratio, mix everything, and bake for a delicious nut free cookie option.
More peanut buttr treats you will love!
- no bake 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Easy 5-minute Moist Peanut Butter Mug Cake
How to store peanut butter cookies?
These cookies can be stored in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. .You can also store them in the fridge for a little longer.
I always like to microwave my leftover cookies for 5-10 seconds so that they get softer and chewier again. Almost like when they first come out of the oven.
Can you freeze peanut butter cookies?
You sure can freeze the baked peanut butter cookies for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
You can also freeze the peanut butter cookie dough in an airtight container for up to 3 months as well.
Whenever you’re ready to use it, Let it thaw on the counter for 30 minutes or so and bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
How to enjoy these peanut butter cookies?
These 3 ingredient peanut butter are amazing on their own but can be enjoyed in many different ways too!
- Sandwiched in between some amazing Swiss Meringue Buttercream, this is how I had them today and they were insanely good!
- Dunked in a glass of milk
- Sandwiched in between some ice cream. Try this Chocolate No Churn Ice Cream with Brownies in the middle of two soft and chewy peanut butter cookies… Such a dream!
Tips for the best 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies
Here are. a few tips that will make your cookies just as good as the ones on the photos!
- Mix the 3 ingredients well- Because this recipe only uses three ingredients, you will need to mix the peanut butter, egg, and sugar very well to get the cookie dough to thicken.
- Don’t over bake– These cookies come out pretty soft, but if over baked they will get very tough.
Easy 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe
If you made these 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
The easiest 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, granulated sugar, and the egg until well incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scooper, scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls. Using a fork, press down on the cookie to flatten it and create the criss cross shape.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely then enjoy!
Thank you so much for making it all the way down.
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the mean time, don’t forget to follow me on instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Great go to cookie!! Love it😍