Salted caramel pretzel bark is the ultimate holiday dessert for all my sweet and salty lovers. It is made with a thick layer of chocolate, crunchy and salty pretzels, caramel, and extra drizzle of chocolate, and flakey sea salt. This recipe is a great no-bake dessert for holiday parties or just to stuff in your cookie Christmas gift boxes!
This is the best salted caramel pretzel bark recipe ever!
Christmas time baked goods are the best, but let’s take a moment to truly appreciate the no bake treats that come along too just like no bake caramel pretzel bites.
Made with the perfect combination of ingredients, smooth melty chocolate, crunchy pretzels, melted caramel, and a sprinkle of sea salt to really bring it together.
Make a whole pan of these and give it to your loved ones, or enjoy during your next movie night and thank me later!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is a no-bake recipe.
- This sweet and salty pretzel bark uses a handful of ingredients that you probably already have at home.
- If you love food gifts this is the recipe for you, it’s a great Christmas party favor!
Ingredients for this chocolate candy bark recipe.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Pretzels– Use your favorite mini pretzels for this.
- Semi-sweet chocolate– Use high-quality semi-sweet chocolate or your favorite rich dark chocolate for the bark part. To make your life easier we are using a whole bag of chocolate chips, AKA 12oz!
- Kraft caramels– For this recipe, we are using those little square Kraft caramels not caramel chips. I feel like that will give us a smooth caramel that works really well in this recipe.
- Heavy cream
- Sea salt
How to make this chocolate caramel pretzel bark?
This is how you can make this no bake holiday treat. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Melt the chocolate chips in 30-second increments in the microwave stirring in between every time.
- Spread the chocolate on a large parchment paper lined baking sheet with an offset spatula or a rubber spatula or a silicone spatula.
- Top with the melted chocolate with half the bag of pretzels or 8oz to be more precise.
- Drizzle the rest of the chocolate on top of the pretzels.
- Add a little sprinkle of sea salt on top and let it set for a few hours at room temperature for 30 minutes or so in the fridge.
- Break the bark into small pieces. I find that it is better to chop everything with a sharp knife on a cutting board because the end result will look a lot cleaned and we love that right!?
I melted my chocolate in the microwave because it was faster but feel free to use the double boiler method.
Frequently asked questions
How to store this no bake tasty treat?
This no bake sweet and salty combo of a snack will last for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container. Of course, you can store it for longer in the fridge.
Depending on your preference have it right out of the fridge or allow it to get back to room temperature before enjoying it.
Can I freeze this sweet and salty pretzel bark?
You sure can! Place it in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Once you are ready to serve, thaw it in the fridge overnight and enjoy! I literally have a bunch of this caramel chocolate bark in the freezer in preparation of Christmas as we speak!
Can I use homemade caramel for this recipe?
Absolutely! I love to offer a lazy girl version which requires a lot less effort as well as a different way to recreate it by making everything from scratch.
In this case, you can make and double my homemade caramel sauce ahead of time and use it instead of the store-bought kraft caramels. It would taste much much better too!
Caramel chocolate pretzel bark
Salted caramel pretzel bark
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increements and tir in between each time.
- Spread about ⅔ of the melted chocolate on top of the parchment paper lined baking sheet Top the chocolate with the pretzels, don't worry about them being perfectly placed on top. Gently press them down onto the chocolate.
- Melted the caramels with the heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes. Drizzles the caramel evenly on the pretzels.
- Drizzle the bark with the leftover melted chocolate then sprinkle some flakey sea salt on top. Chill in the fridge until set then cut into pieces and serve. You can let it set at room temperature for about 2 hours instead of chilling it in the fridge if you don't have room.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!