This healthy summer roasted corn salad with avocado is the perfect brightly coloured, feel good summer recipe. Not only is it fresh and easy to make but it packs in a load of flavor from the lime juice dressing. Try this summer corn salad out for yourself and see!
I can’t quite put my fingers on why, but this grilled corn salad is a firm holiday favorite of mine that is perfect for Labor Day or Memorial Day when you need to create an easy main or side dish to entertain others, whilst still being healthy.
I don’t know about you but I find there is just something very satisfying about enjoying a healthy summer grilled corn salad in the warm summer months. This is a crowd-pleasing roasted corn salad that always disappears fast!
This is the best-roasted corn salad ever!
Not only are the ingredients in this salad easy to find but it is also really versatile. This is a roasted corn salad that can be eaten as either a main dish or a side dish as it is super filling and satisfying in its own right.
Ready in 45 minutes this salad is fast to prepare, making it a quick summer recipe that is perfect for BBQ’s and picnics. This is without doubt, definitely one of my favorite ways to enjoy grilled or roasted corn.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Easy to make.
- Healthy and delicious.
- Ready in less than an hour.
- The perfect use for leftover grilled corn.
- A great way to eat more veg.
- It is colorful and easy to put together.
- Perfect dish for labor day, Memorial Day, or even 4th of July.
Ingredients for this corn salad recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this healthy roasted corn salad recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Corn – Corn on the cob will work best, but frozen corn will also work, just defrost fully before using.
- Cherry tomatoes – Little burst of sweet juicy joy, pick tomatoes that are a little soft to touch to make sure they are ripe and really deliver on flavor
- Green onion – A fresh tasty addition that will add both flavor and color.
- Cilantro – If you aren’t keen on cilantro you can swap it out for basil or even parsley.
- Avocado – I love Hass avocados, but any variety will work. You just want to ensure they are ripe.
- Olive oil– Use good quality olive oil to get the best-flavored salad.
- Lime juice – adds a zing and zesty notes to the salad, really bringing it to life.
- Salt and pepper– You will need to add salt and pepper to taste. So add a little mix, then taste and see how you like it!
Roasting corn for salad
Of course, you can just boil corn. However, if you really want the flavor to stand out and create a next-level salad, you will want to roast or grill your corn so you get lovely charred kernels that add an almost smokey flavor to the dish. Pick one of the methods below to get perfectly roasted corn.
- Oven Baking – cut the corn kernels off the cob, and spread them onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss them to coat. Roast in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 15 – 20 minutes. To help them brown, broil the kernels for about 3 minutes at the end of the cooking time. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Stovetop – cut the kernels off the cob and heat a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Sauté the corn kernels with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir and let cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until browned.
- BBQ – boil your corn on the cob in boiling water until slightly soft, but not completely tender for approximately 10 minutes. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper before setting on a pre-heated BBQ griddle. Keep turning throughout for about 5 minutes until all sides are charred.
How to make this easy roasted corn avocado salad
This is how you can make corn salad at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Preheat a skillet.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and roast the corn stirring in between.
- Allow the corn to cool then add to a large bowl.
- Mix in the chopped cherry tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, and avocado.
- Squeeze in one lime, drizzle with olive oil and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve right away.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Other memorial day, 4th of July, and labor day recipes you will love!
- 70 calories 4-ingredient Watermelon Slushie
- Fresh Summer Watermelon Berry Fruit Salad
- Cucumber Grape Lemon Cooler
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
What to serve with roasted corn salad?
You can serve this delicious summery salad with:
- Grilled shrimp
- Simple grilled salmon
- As a topping on hot dogs, tacos, or burgers
- As a fresh summer dip with tortilla chips
- Freshly grilled BBQ meats
How long will grilled corn salad last in the fridge?
You can store this grilled corn salad in an air-tight container in the fridge and it will keep for up to 7 days.
Healthy Summer Roasted Corn Salad
If you made this healthy summer roasted corn salad and enjoyed it, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Healthy Summer Roasted Corn Salad with Avocado
- 3 cup Roasted corn 3-4 large corn on the cob
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup green onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted, and diced into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Start by preheating a skillet until it smokes, add in a light drizzle of oil then roast the corn kernels in therefor 4-6 minutes or until charred to your liking. Make sure to stir in between to make sure that they don't cook unevenly.
- Let the corn cool completely before adding it to a large bowl, then mixing in the halved cherry tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, and avocado.
- Squeeze one lime over the salad and drizzle it with the olive oil and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy your fresh summer corn avocado ssalad.
How long will grilled corn salad last in the fridge?You can store this grilled corn salad in an air-tight container in the fridge and it will keep for up to 7 days.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!