Lazy girl pumpkin cheesecake brownies are here! These brownies are made with a boxed brownie mix yielding the perfect crinkly and fudgy brownies every time. Then they are filled with a pumpkin cheesecake filling in the center for an explosion of flavor and texture! Try them out today!
This is the best pumpkin cheesecake brownies recipe ever!
It’s fall aka pumpkin season, meaning bring on all the pumpkin desserts! This time around I really wanted to do something different with these brownies and fill them up in the center with luscious pumpkin cheesecake instead of just swirling it on top.
This recipe also reduces a lot of the extra work by making brownies out of brownie mix. If you’re not the biggest fan of using box mix in your baking, just trust me on this one. We will elevate it a ton by adding high-quality chocolate chips in the brownie batter as well as the homemade pumpkin cheesecake mixture in the center.
So without further ado, let’s get baking!
How to make cheesecake from scratch for thanksgiving just got easier folks!
Why you will love this recipe!
- These pumpkin brownies are so rich and fudgy.
- This recipe is a fun twist on classic brownies to make them fit the fall season.
- If you have been looking for original recipes to serve on Thanksgiving these are it! Plus they come together so fast.
- It’s a great recipe to get kids involved in the kitchen this holiday season!
Ingredients for this pumpkin brownie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Brownie mix box- Use your favorite boxed brownie mix for this recipe.
- Egg- Make sure to use an egg at room temperature for this recipe.
- Vegetable oil
- Chocolate chips- We’re adding chocolate chips to our brownie batter to take it up a notch even more.
For the creamy pumpkin cheesecake layer
- Cream cheese- Use room temperature full-fat cream cheese for the pumpkin pie filling
- Granulated sugar- The granulated sugar will help sweeten our filling.
- Vanilla extract- The vanilla extract will add a nice depth of flavor to our recipe.
- egg yolk- The egg yolk will help stabilize our filling a bit.
- Pumpkin puree– Make sure to use canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Pumpkin pie spice– You can use storebought or homemade pumpkin spice here.
How to make this pumpkin cheesecake brownie recipe?
This is how you can make this perfect treat at home. Make sure to scroll down to the full recipe card for detailed step-by-step instruction.
- Make the brownie according to the package directions.
- Add in the chocolate chips and fold.
- Spread ⅓ of the brownie batter on the parchment paper-lined 8×8 baking pan and set aside.
Make the pumpkin cheesecake batter layer
- Cream the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, sugar, egg yolk, and pumpkin spice in a medium bowl using a hand mixer or in a bowl of a stand mixer.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture on top of the brownie batter and gently spread using a rubber spatula.
- Top that with the remaining brownie batter, making sure to drop little dollops throughout the top of the brownie layer to have an easier time spreading to cover the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven, and let the brownie cool down before slicing and enjoying your perfect fall dessert!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store pumpkin cheesecake brownies?
You can store these in an airtight sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can I freeze these brownies for later?
You sure can! Make sure that you place them in an airtight container before freezing them for up to 2 months.
Once you’re ready to enjoy them, let them thaw in the fridge overnight.
Can I use fresh homemade pumpkin puree?
It is best to use regular canned pumpkin puree for this recipe but if you can’t, make sure to drain it before using it. Place the homemade pumpkin puree in a sieve over a large bowl and let it drain for at least 6-8 hours. This will ensure that the fresh pumpkin puree isn’t too liquid and won’t mess with the texture of our filling.
Lazy girl pumpkin cheesecake brownies
lazy girl pumpkin brownies – pumpkin cheesecake brownies
- 1 brownie mix box
- 1 egg
- ¼cup + 2 tbsp water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F, then line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the brownie mix, egg, water, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and chocolate chips together until combined.
- Pour ⅓ of the brownie mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread on the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- In a different large bowl, whisk the cream cheese and sugar together until combined. Add in the egg yolk, the pumpkin puree and the pumpkin pie spice and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the pumpkin cheesecake layer on the brownie layer and gently spread evenly.
- Top the pumpkin cheesecake with the remainder of the brownie batter (make sure to place a few dollops throughout the whole pan because you will need to spread it throughout and that will make the job a lot easier)
- Using a spatula, gently spread the brownie batter to cover the cheesecake layer and bake in the preheated oven for 44-45 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool down fully before slicing into them and enjoying them.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!