These delicious patriotic monster cookies are made with a creamy peanut butter, oats, red, white & blue m&m’s, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips. They are soft and chewy with a strong nutty flavor that you will love! These cookies are perfect for memorial day, labor day, or even as Fourth of July cookies. Try them and let me know what you think.
Since you are here, I know you will also love these patriotic sugar cookies, these patriotic chocolate-covered Oreos, patriotic ice cream cookie sandwiches, these small batch chocolate chip cookies, and the patriotic m&M’s blondies recipe.
This is the best patriotic peanut butter oatmeal cookies recipe
Summertime is the best, Not only do things slow down and it heats up but all the celebrations happening make it that much more worth it.
Today I wanted to share with you these delicious monster cookies that you can add to your baking rotation and trust me when I say they will absolutely fly off the table as soon as your friends and family try them!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Celebrate the spirit of patriotism: What better way to honor your country and celebrate special occasions like Independence Day, Memorial Day, or any patriotic event than with delicious and festive treats?
- Fun and vibrant colors: Incorporating red, white, and blue elements into your monster cookies will create a visually appealing and eye-catching dessert that will impress your friends and family.
- Family-friendly activity: Engage your loved ones in the kitchen and make it a fun family project. Decorating cookies together is a great way to bond and create lasting memories.
- Versatile and customizable: Monster cookies are known for their flexibility, allowing you to add your favorite mix-ins like M&M’s, chocolate chips, and festive sprinkles. You can truly make it your own!
- Perfect for gatherings: Whether you’re hosting a patriotic-themed party or simply bringing a dessert to a potluck, these cookies are sure to be a hit and showcase your baking skills.
- Sweet and satisfying: The combination of chewy, gooey, and crunchy textures in each bite will leave you and your friends craving for more.
- Share the love: Surprise your friends, neighbors, or colleagues with a batch of patriotic monster cookies. It’s a thoughtful and delicious gesture that spreads joy and patriotism.
Ingredients for this easy patriotic dessert
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these oatmeal peanut butter cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- Feel free to use salted or unsalted butter just make sure that you are using softened butter for this recipe.
- brown sugar & granulated sugar- We use a mixture of light brown sugar and white sugar to really give these cookies that buttery soft texture.
- Vanilla extract
- Peanut butter – Think of the skippy or jiffy kind, not the natural peanut butter kind.
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, red, white, and blue m&m’s.
How to make these patriotic m&m cookies
This is how you can make these chewy cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- First, line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time then the vanilla extract and mix.
- Mix in the smooth peanut butter on medium speed.
- Add in the dry ingredients, flour, oats, baking soda, and salt, and stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and the m&m’s.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough, place it on the parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, and gently flatten each cookie dough ball to about 1 inch in thickness. (The scoop hold about 2 & ½ tablespoons of dough)
- Press extra m&m’s on the cookies dough before baking if you’d like.
- Bake in the oven until the cookies are slightly golden brown on the edges, then let the cookies cool down for a little bit before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled enjoy your patriotic cookies with a cold glass of milk!
The cool thing about this recipe is that you can make it by hand by using some elbow grease, a whisk, and a rubber spatula, or with an electric mixer / hand mixer., or even in the bowl of a stand mixer by using the paddle attachment.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these cookies for later?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Can I freeze these patriotic monster cookies for later?
For longer storage, you can freeze these cookies in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 3 months.
Once you are ready to enjoy them all you have to do is thaw them at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour or until they reach the desired texture.
I always love popping them in the microwave for a few seconds to make them soft and gooey again.
Can I customize the mix-ins in monster cookies?
Absolutely! In this recipe, I used the m&m’s candies as well as chocolate chips and peanut butter chips but if there is something you love even more you can definitely substitute it in. Think of dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, raisins, cranberries, pretzel pieces, and shredded coconut.
Patriotic monster cookie recipe
Patriotic monster cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 & ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup M&M’s plus extra for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract. Mix in the peanut butter until combined.½ cup unsalted butter, ¾ cup brown sugar, ½ cup granulated sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 & ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and old-fashioned oats to the bowl. Mix until evenly incorporated into the dough.½ cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- Fold in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and M&M's until evenly distributed throughout the dough.⅓ cup chocolate chips, ⅓ cup peanut butter chips, ½ cup M&M’s
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop rounded balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Gently flatten to about 1 inch in thickness and press a few extra m&m's on top of each cookie for decoration if you'd like. Each scoop has about 2 & ½ tablespoons of cookie dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. The centers may still appear slightly undercooked, but they will set as they cool. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment