These thick Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies are made with a soft and chewy cookie in the center and a crispy outside. It is packed with chocolate chips and is stuffed with a double stuff Oreo to really bring out that Oreo flavor.
Since you are here, try out this edible chocolate chip cookie dough for one, peanut butter cup stuffed chocolate chip cookies, milk chocolate stuffed cookies, chocolate chip Oreo cookies, small batch chewy chocolate chip cookies, and these cheesecake stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
There is something extra special about the combination of chocolate chips and Oreos that is absolutely unmated. It is the perfect mixture of soft chocolate chip cookie and crunchy Oreo cookies. Plus that addition of the Oreo creme filling makes this to a whole new level as far as both flavor and texture.
Plus these cookies are pretty thick making them look just like the Levain New York cookies. Absolutely show-stopping and so addictive.
This is the best thick Oreo chocolate chip cookies recipe ever!
Since I already have a chocolate chip Oreo cookie recipe I figured, how can I keep the same flavor profile but take it up a notch?
Stuffing a whole Oreo in there was one way to really appeal to Oreo lovers (like myself)
I mean it makes it absolutely glorious, and it also tastes so good! So without further ado, let’s make some cookies!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- They are so easy to make.
- These cookies are made with simple ingredients that you probably already have at home.
- They have a whole double stuff Oreo in the center making it both impressive and delicious.
- This cookie dough doesn’t require any chilling.
- It’s a one-bowl recipe, AKA less clean-up!
- This is the best cookie recipe ever with a soft center plus that oreo and crispy outside.
Ingredients for this Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter – This will give that perfect buttery flavor to your cookies!
- Light brown sugar – This will keep our cookies extra soft with a nice molasses flavor.
- An egg – We’re using large eggs for this one.
- Flour– I use all-purpose flour for this recipe, but feel free to experiment with whole wheat flour for a healthier option.
- Cornstarch– This is my secret ingredient to extra chewy cookies!
- Baking soda
- Salt – when using unsalted butter, always add a bit of salt to your baked goods to add a depth of flavor.
- Vanilla – Pretty much the most magical ingredient… Makes everything taste amazing!
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – I used regular-sized semi-sweet chocolate chips but if you have something else feel free to use that! White chocolate chips would also be fun in these homemade cookies!
- Double stuff Oreo- Make sure to use a double stuff Oreo in the center for an extra wow factor.
How to make Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
This is how you can make this whole oreo cookie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Line your large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and white sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips into the homemade cookie dough, then using a large cookie scoop scoop the cookie dough.
- Place that scoop of dough in the palm of your hand, gently flatten with your other hand, place a double stuff Oreo in the center, and fold the cookie dough over to seal.
- Roll the cookie dough into a ball, then place the cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven.
- Let the cookies cool down for a bit before enjoying them to allow them to set and get to that next level of goodness.
You can make this recipe using a hand mixer / electric mixer at low speed, a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or by hand.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these Oreo chocolate chip cookies?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Of course, they will last a little bit longer if stored in the fridge.
How to freeze these homemade chocolate chip cookies?
You can freeze these in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Once you are ready to enjoy them let them thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours. For the best results microwave your cookie for a few seconds to warm them up and enjoy them with a tall glass of milk.
Can I use regular Oreos for this cookie recipe?
You sure can but You won’t get as much of that wow factor when you slice into the cookie or bite into it. I like using the double stuff Oreos because it keeps those distinct layers.
Classic chocolate chip cookie with an Oreo stuffed in the center
Thick Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together.½ cup butter, ½ cup brown sugar, ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix everything is smooth and well incorporated.1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the dry ingredients over the wet ingredient mixture, starting with the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Stir just until combined.1 & ¾ cup flour, 3 tablespoon corn starch, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then using a large cookie scoop (¼ cup cookie dough), scoop out the cookie dough, flatten it between the palm of your hand and place the Oreo in the center. Fold the cookie dough over the Oreo and roll to seal.⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, 9 Double stuff Oreo
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutess. Don't worry if they look underdone or gooey in the middle. That's what we want, they will continue to bake even after you pull them out of the oven to cool.
- Top the cookies with extra chocolate chips as soon as they come out of the oven, cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you, I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!