These cheesecake stuffed chocolate chip cookies are one of the best chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever have. They are made with a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie base and filled with sweet cream cheese filling. They are the perfect cookie to make for weeknight baking, holidays, a fun family get-together, or any special occasion really!
Since you are here, you have to take a look at my Reese’s chocolate chip stuffed cookies, this chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe, these eggless chocolate chip cookies, this delicious Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie recipe, as well as this milk chocolate stuffed chocolate chip cookie recipe.
These are the best classic chocolate chip cookies with a cream cheese center.
The number one work that will pop into your mind when it comes to these is balance. The mixture of chocolate chip cookie and the Cheesecake filling are so balanced and go so well together.
Not only is this recipe perfect for cookie lovers but it is also a great treat for cheesecake lovers as well. It combines the best of both worlds into one sweet cookie that you won’t be able to stop eating.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- A unique twist on an already-loved classic chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- It’s a show-stopping dessert. If you ever want to impress anyone, this is the cookie recipe to make them especially if they love both cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies.
- They are so easy to make despite how cool and intricate they look.
- Perfect for when you want to make cheesecake but don’t want to go through the hassle of making a whole cheesecake if you know what I mean!
Ingredients for this cheesecake chocolate chip cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- White sugar & brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Flour & cornstarch
- Baking soda
- Chocoalte chips– You can use whichever chocolate chips for this, I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. Just make sure that you are using high-quality ingredients because this will affect the final result and taste of your cookies a lot.
- Cream cheese- Make sure to use full-fat cold cream cheese for this.
- Powdered sugar- We are using a little powdered sugar or confectioners’ sugar to sweeten the cheesecake mixture.
How to make these delicious cream cheese-filled chocolate chip cookies?
This is how you can make this. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
Make the creamy cheesecake filling
- In a small bowl, cream the cream cheese and the icing sugar until smooth.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture into 8 separate mounds on a parchment paper lined plate or baking sheet and place in the freezer to chill.
Make the traditional chocolate chip cookie dough
- In a large bowl cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, this can take 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out the cookie dough balls, then gently flatten them in between the palm of your hands.
- Place a dollop of cold cream cheese in the center and fold the cookie dough pieces over it. Seal tightly and then roll the cookie dough ball before placing it on top of the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven, and top with more chocolate chips as soon as the chewy chocolate chip cookies come out of the oven, allow them to cool down and enjoy.
You can make this using an electric mixer, in a bowl of a stand mixer, or even by hand.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these chocolate chip cookies with a creamy cheesecake center?
You can store these in an airtight container or in a ziploc bag in the fridge for up to 7 days. Once you are ready to enjoy them allow them to get back to room temperature or microwave them for a few seconds to get soft cookies again.
Can I freeze these cookies?
Absolutley! You can freeze these cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Allow them to thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours. Warm it up before enjoying the ultimate dessert.
Does the cream cheese mixture have to be chilled?
For the best results, I highly recommend chilling the cream cheese mixture for 15-30 minutes. This will make those dollops easier to handle and will keep the cookies sealed while baking. I mean no one wants to end up with a broken chocolate chip cookie with cream cheese oozing out of everywhere!
Cheesecake stuffed chocolate chip cookies
Cheesecake stuffed chocolate chip cookies
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
Chocolate chip cookie dough
- ½ cup butter Slightly softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & ¾ cup flour
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate chips more for topping
Make the cream cheese mixture
- In a small bowl, cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar together.3 oz cream cheese, 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Divide the cream cheese into 9 mounds on a parchment line plate or baking sheet. Place in the freezer and chill for 15-30 minutes.
Make the chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together. I did so using my spatula.½ cup butter, ½ cup brown sugar, ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix everything is smooth and well incorporated.1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the dry ingredients over the wet ingredient mixture, starting with the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Stir just until combined.1 & ¾ cup flour, 3 tablespoon corn starch, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then using a large cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough, make a well in the center of each cookie dough ball, and place the cheesecake dollop in the center. Fold the cookie dough over and seal well.⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes. Don't worry if they look underdone or gooey in the middle. That's what we want, they will continue to bake even after you pull them out of the oven to cool.
- Top the cookies with extra chocolate chips as soon as they come out of the oven, cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
These look sinful! I just know this recipe is going to be a hit