These chocolate-stuffed chocolate chip cookies are a simple way to elevate your chocolate chip cookies. They are soft, and chewy, and have a fun surprise in the center that you’ll get to as soon as you bite into them.
Since you are here, you have to take a look at these small-batch chocolate chip cookies, brown butter blondies, Crumbl chocolate chip cookies, Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies, and this oreo blondie recipe.
This chocolate-stuffed chocolate chip cookies came by mistake. I was testing a peanut butter cup-stuffed chocolate chip cookie recipe but they kept spreading.
So since I didn’t want to waste any of the cookie dough, I ended up stuffing them with a Trader joes milk chocolate square, and OH MY GOD! So so good!
This is the best chocolate stuffed chocolate chip cookie recipe ever!
They are perfectly soft and chewy thanks to the butter and the two types of sugar. Now by adding the chocolate in the center it makes it that much better and that much more impressive.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- These cookies have the most perfect texture ever!
- They are packed with chocolate chips and have a delicious stuffed chocolate center.
- These cookies have a rich but complex in flavor.
- They are so comforting and perfect from weeknight baking to Christmas cookies for Santa.
- These are so easy to make.
Ingredients for this chocolate stuffed chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these chocolate chip cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter – This will give that perfect buttery flavor to your cookies!
- Light brown sugar – This will keep our cookies extra soft with a nice molasses flavor.
- An egg – Just one 🙂
- Flour– I use all-purpose flour for this recipe, but feel free to experiment with whole wheat flour for a healthier option.
- Cornstarch– This is my secret ingredient to extra chewy cookies!
- Baking soda
- Salt – when using unsalted butter, always add a bit of salt to your baked goods to add a depth of flavor.
- Vanilla – Pretty much the most magical ingredient… Makes everything taste amazing!
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – I used regular-sized semi-sweet chocolate chips but if you have something else feel free to use that!
- Thick chocolate bar or dove chocolates- You can use either one of these to fill up your cookies.
Using a kitchen scale to weigh your ingredients is the best way to go
Why be so extra and add the chocolate filling to these cookies?!
- It’s such a fun surprise.
- Adding the chocoalte to the center adds so much to the texture of an already super soft cookie.
- You can really customize the filling to your liking.
- It makes the cookies that much more impressive.
- Double the chocolate, I mean who doesn’t love more chocolate?
How to make chocolate stuffed chocolate filled chocolate chip cookies
This is how you can make these chocolate stuffed cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine
- Mix in the flour dry ingredients just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop out the cookie dough balls, flatten them in between the palm of your hand, place a chocolate square in the center and roll the cookie dough over it to seal, and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven then allow the cookies to cool down on a wire rack before enjoying them with a glass of milk!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these chocolate-stuffed chocolate chip cookies?
To store these chocolate chip cookies, place them in an airtight container or zip plastic bag. They will keep for up to 5 days.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH?
You can also freeze your cookie dough before baking. This way whenever you get a craving for the most perfect cookies you can pull these out, let them thaw while you preheat your oven then bake. Make sure to bake them for 1-2 minutes longer since they will still be pretty cold.
Chocolate-stuffed chocolate chip cookies
Chocolate stuffed chocolate chip cookies
- ½ cup butter Slightly softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & ½ cup flour
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 7 thick chocolate squares I used milk chocolate in mine but feel free to add white chocolate or dark chocolate in yours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together. I did so using my spatula.½ cup butter, ½ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix everything is smooth and well incorporated.1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the dry ingredients over the wet ingredient mixture, starting with the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Stir just until combined.1 & ½ cup flour, 3 tablespoon corn starch, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then using a large cookie scoop(¼ cup), scoop out the cookie dough, flatten it between the palm of your hand and place the chocoalte square in the center. Fold the cookie over it and roll to seal.⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, 7 thick chocolate squares
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Don't worry if they look underdone or gooey in the middle. That's what we want, they will continue to bake even after you pull them out of the oven to cool.
- Top the cookies with extra chocolate chips as soon as they come out of the oven, cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment