This easy fudgy Nutella brownies recipe is a delicious sweet treat that you can make with mainly Nutella, eggs, sugar, and other simple ingredients that you probably already have at home. It is easy to make and can easily be customized to your liking with the right mix-ins.
This is the best Nutella brownie recipe you can make!
Chewy brownies with Nutella flavor are the ultimate sweet treat for any chocolate and nutella lover in your life. It combines some hazelnut goodness both in the Nutella brownie batter as well as on top of the brownie batter.
So now if you need a quick and easy Trust me when I say that this will quickly become your favorite dessert ever!
Nutella is a Hazelnut sweetened cocoa spread. It is smooth, chocolatey, and very nutty.
It is made with sugar, palm oil, cocoa powder, and hazelnuts.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Fudgy- This recipe yields super fudgy brownies with a melt-in-your-mouth aspect that I think you will love!
- Fun and satisfying to make – You will be blown away by how easy it is to make
- Ultimate crinkly top- Thes brownies have a beautiful mixture of crinkly top with the Nutella swirled in there, truly impressive.
Ingredients for this fudgy nutella brownies recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this super fudgy Nutella brownie recipe Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Nutella– I used nutella but feel free to use your favorite chocolate hazelnut spread. Bonne maman’s newest chocolate hazelnut spread would work well for this.
- Cocoa powder
How to make these Nutella homemade brownies?
This is how you can make this Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Melt the butter, oil, and brown sugar together in a large bowl. Whisk well until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and well in between.
- Mix in the nutella and the vanilla extract until combined.
- Fold the flour, salt, and cocoa powder into the wet ingredients just until the flour mixture disappear.
- If you are using chocolate chips, fold them in the batter now.
- Pour in your parchment paper lined 8-inch pan, top with extra dollops of Nutella, and bake in the oven.
You can make this recipe using an electric hand mixer, a whisk, a stand mixer, or even a wooden spoon to make it extra easy.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
HOW TO STORE Gooey BROWNIES?
You can store these Nutella brownies both in the fridge or in the freezer for later.
To store them in the fridge, let the brownie fully cool then place them in an air-tight container in the fridge or at room temperature for up to 4 days.
CAN YOU FREEZE NUTELLA BROWNIES?
Yes! You can easily freeze Nutella brownies for later.
Make sure to cool the Nutella brownie fully after baking. You can now either slice them and wrap them individually in plastic wrap then place those in an airtight container or just wrap the whole brownie and then place it in an airtight container, seal, and freeze for up to 2 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy the brownies, pull them out of the freezer and let them thaw in the fridge overnight or microwave them for a few seconds to thaw then enjoy!
How to serve these brownies?
The world is your oyster when it comes to serving these brownies. I love them as is, but here are a few ways to level it up:
- Add a scoop of ice cream on top. I love using vanilla bean ice cream on my brownies but feel free to use whichever one you like. A scoop of coffee ice cream will also allow the chocolate hazelnut flavor to shine even more.
- With some fresh berries on the side for a sweet, tangy, and chocolatey dessert.
- Topped with whipped cream- This will help balance out the richness of the brownies a lot.
- With a drizzle of melted peanut butter for a nutty and chocolatey flavor.
- Topped with a generous drizzle of hot fudge sauce or caramel sauce
The best Nutella brownies recipe
Fudgy Nutella brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, oil, and brown sugar together and microwave in 30-second increments stirring in between every time. We want the butter to be melted and the mixture to look glossy so this can take up to 1 minute and 30 seconds.6 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, ½ cup brown sugar
- Once the mixture has slightly cooled, whisk in the eggs one at a time. Continue whisking until the mixture is light and fluffy.2 egg
- Add in the Nutella and the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt and mix just until the flour mixture disappears. Mix in the chocolate chips now if using.1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 cup Nutella, ⅔ cup flour, 2 tablespoon cocoa powder, ½ cup chocolate chips, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and top with dollops of ¼ cup of Nutella. Using a knife or a wooden skewer, swirl the Nutella into the batter.¼ cup Nutella
- Bake the brownies in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs on it. Let the brownie cool completely before slicing into it, top with sea salt and enjoy!sea salt
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!