These Nutella blondies are made with a rich brown butter blondie topped with generous swirls of Nutella or Hazelnut spread on top and then baked to perfection.
This is the best Nutella swirl blondies recipe ever!
I have a feeling that you might be one of many Nutella lovers out there since you’re here on this recipe. I too am a Nutella addict anonymous. Believe it or not, when I was younger I would eat it by the spoonful! I still do sometimes but not as much as I used to in the past!
This recipe combines two of my favorite things, brown butter and the star ingredient Nutella into a super chewy blondie that comes together in no time. The best part is that it can also be made allergy-friendly and GF as well. Read the FAQ for more details.
Why do you need to make this recipe?
- It’s a great recipe to use up any extra Nutella you might have.
- This recipe can be made on weeknights, during the holidays, or even for birthdays! It’s so versatile.
- It is a simple one-bowl recipe.
Ingredients for these easy Nutella blondies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these delicious cookie bars. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe. We will brown it
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar– This recipe uses a mixture of granulated sugar and light brown sugar or dark brown sugar to make these bars soft and chewy.
- Egg– Use eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract– Use a little vanilla extract to elevate the flavors of these blondies
- Flour– All-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Salt– Always use a little salt in your sweet treats to balance out the flavors.
- Nutella– You can use any chocolate hazelnut spread for this recipe.
Can I make these blondies nutfree?
You can make these blondies Allergy friendly by using Sunflower chocolate spread instead of Nutella.
How to make Nutella blondies
This is how you can make these hazelnut spread blondies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full instructions!
- Whisk the brown butter brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl until combined.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the flour mixture disappears.
- Spread the brown butter blondie batter into the square baking tin.
- Place dollops of hazelnut spread or Nutella on the surface of the batter evenly, then using a knife swirl it all around.
- Bake in the preheated oven.
- Let the blondies cool down before slicing and enjoying.
You can top these with Sea salt as well for a fun sweet and salty treat.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these blondie bars?
You can store these Nutella blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also store these in the fridge for up to a week.
How to freeze Nutella blondies?
Let the blondies cool down fully before transferring it to an airtight container and freezing for up to 1 month.
Once you’re ready to enjoy these blondies let them thaw in the fridge overnight or n the countertop for a few hours and enjoy! You can even microwave them for a few seconds to get them ooey gooey.
How to serve Nutella blondies?
You can serve these blondies plain with a tall glass of milk or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
How do you know when blondies are done baking?
You will know that these blondies are done when the outside is set and the center still looks a tad bit underdone. You can also insert a toothpick in the center and it will come out with just a few crumbs when ready to be pulled out.
The secret is to allow the Nutella blondies to cool down and set fully before cutting into them to have those perfectly squared slices.
How to make gluten-free blondies?
To make these gluten-free use 1:1 Bob’s Red Mill GF flour or King Arthur 1:1 GF flour instead of regular flour.
The most delicious Nutella blondies recipe
The best Nutella blondies
- An 8×8 baking pan
- Saucepan use code CH20 for 20% off!
Make the brown butter
- In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter, making sure to stir continuously. Continue cooking it for 3-5 minutes or until the butter is foamy and turns medium golden brown.
- This process is called browning the butter. Keep a close eye on it because it can burn easily. Remove from the heat, transfer to a medium bowl, and let the butter cool down to room temperature. It doesn't have to harden.
Make the blondie layer
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- When the butter is at room temperature, mix the melted brown butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together on medium speed until combined.
- Add the eggs, and the vanilla extract and whip until everything is light and fluffy. This process will create a beautiful crinkly top.
- Mix in the flour and salt just until the flour disappears. You don't want to over-mix the brown butter blondie mix.
- Spread the blondie mixture in the prepared 8X8 inch baking pan, top with dollops of Nutella, and swirl using a sharp knife or toothpicks. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Once baked, pull out the blondies from the oven and allow them to cool down fully before slicing into them. I let them cool for an hour or two depending on my kitchen's temperature. They should be at room temperature. This will allow the bars to be fully set. Slice into 16 equal squares and enjoy.
- 4 days in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- A week in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- 1 monthin an air-tight container in the freezer!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!