This balsamic and white wine marinated fresh beetroot hummus recipe is literally all that! The stunning magenta color adds a nice and fancy touch to this simple recipe. It is flavored with Tahini, garlic, spices, and of course the Love Beets White Wine + Balsamic beets.
Sign up to our mailing list get a FREE weekly meal planner and recipe card!
Fab fit fun is a subscription box that sends you amazing full sized products every season! So four times a year, I feel like the happiest kid on earth. They send beauty, accessories, kitchen, and workout stuff and it is so so worth it!
If you would like to try it out for yourself, here is a 50% discount from me to you 🙂 ! CLICK HERE FOR YOUR DISCOUNTED FABFITFUN BOX!
This post was not sponsored by Love Beets, but I really love their products so I wanted to share an awesome recipe using their white wine + balsamic marinated beets in case anyone needed some inspiration to use them!
The first time I saw those little beet packets in store, I was extremely intrigued. Since I come from Algeria, I don’t usually have conveniently packed veggies like these. I was always used to buying the huge bunches of beets that you’d have to boil or roast yourself and then use.
Now being in America, the country of convenience, these little packs came in so so handy! After I got over myself and purchased them for the first time, I absolutely fell in love with the flavor.
The Love Beets company uses baby beets, yes baby beets! First, they are harvested younger for a sweeter taste. Then they are then cooked until tender in their specialty curated marinades. And lastly all their beets + marinades are all-natural, so they use no artificial colors or preservatives.
Best way to enjoy this red beetroot hummus recipe
I am a huge fan of hummus with veggies but since this Red Beetroot Hummus recipe already contains vegetables I didn’t want to go with veggie sticks even though they would still be an amazing option, instead I opted for a simple crostini.
First, I took a baguette loaf and sliced it about 1/4 inch thick, then I spread some salted butter on both sides of the bread slice and pan fry until they become browned on both sides.
Not only the elevated flavors that the browning gives the pan fried crostini pairs amazingly with the red beetroot hummus recipe but it adds an amazing textural difference.
Top that with some feta cheese, toasted slivered almonds, or chopped up parsley and you are good to go!
You could always use veggies sticks though… If you are limiting your bread intake, the veggies will make for the perfect vessel to take this amazing hummus from the bowl to your mouth!
What you need to make this fresh beetroot hummus recipe
This Fresh Beetroot hummus recipe is very simple, Similarly to any hummus recipes there are some staple ingredients that you always have to use to make hummus.
Some of those being:
- A can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed: This is pretty much the staple ingredient to any hummus recipe!
- Mini Love Beets company beetroots: The perfect already ready beets that uses no artificial colors or preservatives.
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon: The lemon juice adds a nice tanginess to the whole recipe. It makes for the perfect umami flavor.
- Tahini paste: Again can’t make real hummus without the tahini! A perfect addition to make the hummus smooth and creamy.
- Garlic cloves: These add a nice lick kick as well as a pick me up to the flavor. It brings out the sweetness of the beets perfectly!
- Olive oil: This will make the final product creamier and more delicious if you pick a strong olive oil.
- Sea salt: The final touches to bring all the flavors together.
What is Tahini paste
I like to think that tahini is the peanut butter of sesame seeds!Grinding the sesame seed kernels will produce an oily past, and that’s tahini for ya!
The most common thing to do is to purchase tahini at the store but unless you know which brand is the best of the best, you might end up with a not so good product. On the other hand the not so good tahinis often have a bitter taste, almost acidic, and they can be very dry with a chalky mouthfeel.
To make sure that you are getting the best tahini every time, the best thing to do is to make it yourself… This will ensure that you get a rich and luscious mildly nutty, creamy, and savory end product, very similar to the texture of a loose nut butter. The cool thing here is that it is not hard to make at all!
Over here Like Mother Like Daughter has a great article on how to make your own tahini at home! Ellen and Aimee don’t say that toasting the sesame seeds is required in their recipe. But in my opinion you will get a tastier result if you take this little extra step! plus it doesn’t take too long to do that.
Fresh Beetroot Hummus Recipe
Fresh beetroot hummus
- food processor
serve it with
- 2 tbsp fetta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 10 toasted crostini
- Place the chickpeas, beets, garlic cloves, tahini, olive oil, juice of half a lemon, and the sea salt in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop the beetroot hummus into a serving dish, drizzle it with some extra olive oil and top it wit some fresh parsley and feta cheese.
- Slather it onto crostini, or serve it with raw veggies.
Could you freeze this fresh beetroot hummus recipe?
Absolutely, you can! This recipe won’t make that much but if you realltneed to freeze this hummus you could store it in airtight containers and freeze.
It will keep for several months, and all you have to do is pulling out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight whenever you are ready to enjoy it.
Other recipes that you will love!
- Easy Gluten-free Chickpea Pizza Crust
- Fast Healthy Hummus Recipe
- Fresh Summer Basil Hummus
- Easy Gluten-free Chickpea Pizza Crust
Products that I love
This article may contain some affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase