This Doubletree cookie recipe is the most perfect warm chocolate chip cookie recipe ever! Inspired by the Hilton Doubletree hotel cookies that we all love. Now you can finally recreate this family favorite with this official recipe!
These are the best Doubletree Hotel chocolate chip cookies
This was a top-secret recipe until the Hilton released their step-by-step official version so that people can enjoy a moment of comfort featuring their favorite doubletree chocolate chip cookie recipe at home with ingredients they can get from their nearest grocery stores.
These cookies are pretty much what the hotel guests look forward to the most. Since they receive a warm and delicious cookie as soon as they enter. It is the perfect way to make an amazing and ever-lasting impression.
Now you can finally make those cookies happen in the comfort of your own home with this easy recipe!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This is the exact cookie recipe that you will find at the Doubletree Hilton hotels!
- You can make this recipe from scratch using this official Hilton step-by-step recipe and get the exact same cookie you and your family love so much.
- This recipe is simple and uses household staple ingredients.
- It yields gooey cookies that you can make any time during the year, even during the holidays!
- They are great for when you don’t have any plans to visit the Doubletree hotel chain hotels but still want the comfort of their cookies.
Ingredients for the famous doubletree cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these gooey chocolate chip cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use salted or unsalted butter at room temperature.
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Egg – We are using large eggs at room temperature for this original recipe.
- Vanilla extract- We are using pure vanilla extract to deepen the flavor of these cookies.
- Lemon juice- You will only use ¼ teaspoon of lemon juice for this recipe. This will help make our cookies that much more tender.
- Flour- This recipe works great with all-purpose flour.
- Baking soda
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to make the famous doubletree chocolate chip cookies
This is how you can make the best chocolate chip cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. You can do this in the bowl of a stand mixer or with an electric mixer / hand mixer.
- Add the eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and mix until light and fluffy. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the dry ingredients, the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and mix on low speed for 45 seconds or just until the flour mixture has disappeared.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the walnuts then using a small cookie scoop, scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls (3 tablespoons worth of cookie dough) and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven.
- Allow each warm Doubletree cookie to cool down on the baking sheet for an hour before enjoying it.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
How to store these Doubletree cookies?
If you want to store the leftovers for later you can wait for them to cool down completely before placing them in an airtight container and storing them at room temperature for up to 4 days.
You can also store them in the fridge in an airtight container for longer. Always make sure to let them get back to room temperature or microwave the cookies for a few seconds before enjoying depending on your own preference.
Can I freeze these cookies for later?
You sure can! If you want to store them baked for a little longer, place them in an airtight container and freeze them for up to 3 months. Allow them to thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours before enjoying.
Can I freeze the unbaked cookies and bake them later?
Absolutely! You can freeze this oatmeal cookie dough for later in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Once you are ready to bake them no need to thaw them, just bake them in a 300F oven for 20-25 minutes.
Can I use a different nut instead of walnuts in my Doubletree cookie recipe?
You sure can! Making these cookies with pecans, hazelnuts, or even macadamia nuts will yield something even more delicious.
The best doubletree cookie recipe
DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies (Official Recipe)
- ½ cup Butter softened, salted or unsalted
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled, or weighed preferably.
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 ⅔ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ¾ cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 300F then line a few large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, graunualted sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.½ cup Butter, ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon juice, and mix again until fully incorporated. Make sure to scrape down the bowl.2 large eggs, 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla, ¼ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add in the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix again to combine. Do not overmix the cookie dough. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, pinch of ground cinnamon, 1 ¾ cups chopped walnuts, 2 ⅔ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Using a 3-tablespoon cookie scooper, scoop out the cookie dough and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-23 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden and the center is soft.
- Allow the cookies to cool down on the baking sheet for an hour before enjoying them!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!