These Crumbl rice Krispies bar cookies are a fun twist on the traditional Rice Krispie treats. They are buttery, chewy, and oh-so-crunchy. The addition of the dehydrated vanilla marshmallows is what takes them to the next level too!
Since you’re here I know you will also love Crumbl No-bake Marshmallow Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies, Crumbl Chocolate Crunch Cookies | Star Crunch Copycat,
Whenever Crumbl drops a no-bake recipe, I can seriously feel all my senses tingling! I’ a huge fan of anything no bake just because they don’t require as much effort but also pack a huge punch of flavor too!
This time they went with something that will surely transport you to your childhood without a doubt. I mean who doesn’t remember having those blue-wrapped original rice Krispie treats? They tasted like a hug in a bar form… EVERY TIME!
This is the best Rice krispie treat bar cookies ever!
Today, I am sharing with you how to remake these rice Krispie bars and turn them into a cookie. Truthfully these really aren’t all that different from a regular rice Krispie treat recipe except that they are shaped differently.
I think shaping them into cookie form makes them extra fun, and easier to serve, and they would look great on a plate in the center of a party table!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is a 5 ingredient recipe.
- They are thick and chewy.
- Ths recipe is so fun to make with your little ones!
- They have the perfect sweet-salty, vanilla-y flavors.
- If you’re super into Crumbl you will save a ton of money with this recipe plus you will be able to enjoy your favorite cookies anytime during the year. No need to wait for it to come back months later!
Ingredients for this Crumbl Rice Krispie bar cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this rice crispy treat recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Rice Krispie cereal – You can use any brand of crispy cereal of this. The most important thing is that it is fresh for maximum crunch!
- Mini marshmallows– One bag of 10oz marshmallows is what you will need for this recipe. Again make sure they are fresh otherwise your rice Krispie bar cookies will be rock-hard.
- Vanilla extract- This will add extra depth of flavor to our sweet treats!
- Butter- It is best to use salted butter for this recipe because we really wanna balance out the sweetness of the marshmallows with the salt in the butter
- Mini dehydrated marshmallows – These are those little marshmallows that you usually would find in your premade hot chocolate packets!
How to make Crumbl Rice Krispie bar cookies
This is how you can make this no bake recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Melt the marshmallows and the butter together in the microwave.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Add in the rice Krispie cereal until fully coated then mix in the dehydrated mini marshmallows.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out the rice Krispie cereal, place it on a parchment lined baking sheet and shape using greased hands.
- Let the rice Krispie bar cookie set for 30 minutes before enjoying!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these rice krispie bar cookies
You can store these in an air tight container for up to 2 days. The fresher the better so enjoy them as soon as you make them 🙂
So rice Krispie treats need to be refrigerated?
No these do not need to be refrigerated. They will actually become super hard if you keep them in the fridge so avoid doing that.
Can I freeze these rise Krispie bar cookies?
No, fresh rice krispies are best. They will lose their great texture if you freeze them.
Can I make this recipe with another cereal?
You sure can! Here are some other fun cereals you can try. Make sure to start adding the cereal slowly because some cereals might require more or less marshmallow mixture.
- Chocolate Krispies
- Fruity pebbles
- Cinnamon toast crunch
Can I make smaller catering-sized Rice Krispie bar cookies?
You sure can!
Instead of using a large ⅓ cup cookie scoop use a smaller one and make smaller cookies. You can go as small or as large as you would like since these are no-bake cookies they are very forgiving!
Can these rice Krispie treats be made into bars?
Asbolutely! You can press the mixture into an 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking pan then slice before enjoying.
Just make sure that you are not pressing the rice Krispie treat mixture too hard, you want to gently spread it and allow it to set to have light and airy rice KRispie treats bars!
Crumbl Rice Krispies Bars Cookies
Crumbl Rice Krispie Bars Cookies
- 5 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 5 tablespoon butter use salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dehydrated mini marshmallows
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the mini marshmallows and butter together until melted for 1-2 minutes. Give them a good stir to incorporate the mixture together. Add in the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Mix in the rice Krispie cereal until well coated then gently fold it the dehydrated marshmallows.
- Grease a large cookie scooper (⅓ cup) and scoop out rounded scoops of the rice Krispie bar mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Using slightly wet or greased hands shape the cookies into the perfect hockey puck shape (cookie shape), and let them set for 30 minutes before enjoying!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!