These CRUMBL Kentucky butter cake cookies are the ultimate treat. They are soft, buttery, and glazed with the smoothest butter glaze and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. They are inspired by the Original Kentucky butter bundt cake and they don’t disappoint!
Since you’re here, I know you’ll also like these Crumbl Confetti Cake Cookies- Funfetti cookies, Fruity CRUMBL Strawberry Shortcake Cookies, CRUMBL Cornbread Cookies with Honey buttercream and even Crumbl Oreo cookies with buttercream frosting.
CRUMBL introduced me to the Kentucky butter cake cookies and I knew I had to recreate them because they were too good.
The cookie base was extremely butter and moist, it was then topped with a gooey butter sauce and a sprinkle of powdered sugar to finish it all off. It was pretty much love at first bight if I could say so myself.
This is the best Kentucky butter cake cookie recipe ever!
This weekend, a few weeks after trying that cookie at the CRUMBL bakery I knew it was time for me to share it so here it is!
Next time you are looking for a fun, yet super easy cookie recipe to make when the cravings hit. These simple and delicious kentucky buttercake cookies will hit the spot.
They come together in less than 30 minutes, taste amazing, and are the cutest little things once decorated with the butter sauce and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It yields the perfect small batch.
- You can also easily double or triple it to get more cookies out of it.
- They are extremely soft and buttery.
- The butter sauce that’s drizzled on top takes these cookies from simple butter cookies, to OMG! Where have these been all my life!
Ingredients for this CRUMBL Kentucky butter cake cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this CRUMB-inspired cookie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Granulated sugar & brown sugar– Using a combination of sugar will ensure that these cookies turn out super soft and melt in your mouth.
- Vanilla– The vanilla will add depth of flavor to these cookies.
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent of these cookies.
- Flour– All-purpose flour works just fine for this recipe.
- Baking powder– The baking powder will add some height to these cookies.
- Salt– As always we add a little salt to balance out the sweetness of these cookies.
- Powdered sugar– The powdered sugar will be used to sprinkle on top of the cookies as well as make the butter sauce.
How to make Kentucky butter cake-inspired cookies?
This is how you can make these cookies at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix until combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt until the flour mixture disappears.
- Using a medium cookie scooper, scoop out 6 equally sized cookie dough balls and roll them between the palm of your hands. place them on the baking sheet and gently press them down to about 2 cm in thickness.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven.
- Make the butter sauce by mixing the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and a bit of water together in a saucepan.
- Brush your hot cookies with the butter sauce and sprinkle with extra powdered sugar and enjoy.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
What is a Kentucky butter cake and what does it taste like?
The OG Kentucky butter cake is a thick pound cake made in a bundt pan. After baking it, usually you will poke holes in it then drench it in vanilla-run-flavored butter syrup.
The butteriness of it is what makes it extra special.
How to store Kentucky butter cake cookies?
You can store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
You can also store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Just know that the powdered sugar might melt it so you’ll have to sprinkle them with it again before enjoying them again.
Tips to make the best CRUMBL Kentucky butter cake cookies.
When making these cookies, here are a few tips to follow:
- Don’t over mix the batter- Once the flour mixture disappears stop mixing. This way your cookies stay soft and melt in your mouth.
- Don’t boil the butter sauce- Mix all your ingredients together and cook on medium-low heat until creamy and fully melted but not boiling.
CRUMBL Kentucky butter cake cookies
If you made these CRUMBL Kentucky butter cake cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl inspired Kentucky Butter Cake Cookies
- 1 stick butter softened ( 8 tablespoon or ½ cup butter)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement papert and set aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together in a stand mixer then add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix again to combine.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until the flour mixture disappears.
- Using a medium cookie scooper, scoop out 6 equally sized cookie dough balls and roll them between the palm of your hands. place them on the baking sheet and gently press them down to about 2 cm in thickness. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Make the butter sauce
- While the cookie are still in the oven, melt the butter, powdered sugar, water, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Continuously stir the mixture until the sugar is fully dissolved. Make sure not to boil the butter sauce.
- Remove the pan from the stove top and let it sit for about 5 minutes to thicken up a little.
- Using a pastry brush, brush each warm cookie with the butter sauce and then top with a light sprinkle of powdered sugar once the glaze has set and enjoy.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!