Leftover cranberry sauce smoothie is a delicious and healthy (ish) way to use up all your Thanksgiving cranberry sauce from your celebrations. It makes for. a great breakfast, snack, or even light dessert. Try it for yourself today!
Since you are here, I know you will also enjoy this Cranberry Sauce with Oranges, Cranberry bliss bars the best Starbucks copycat recipe, Easy & Moist Cranberry Orange Muffins with Orange Glaze, and this The easiest cranberry orange bread recipe!
Every year after Thanksgiving, it seems like all of us are left with an enormous amount of leftovers. Sure sandwiches are nice and all but how many sandwiches can you have before you are just totally over them?
Lucky for you, I decided to work on a few fun recipes that can us leftover Cranberry sauce in a not-so-boring way. One of those recipes ended up being something I craved for breakfast.
This is the best cranberry smoothie ever!
This one is for all my people who aren’t really into eating a giant meal every morning but a smoothie is something they can handle.
What I was going for was something that combined a Thanksgiving leftover but also has Christmas in mind too! So I went with a cranberry orange flavored smoothie that is high in protein (thank you greek yogurt) and also super high in deliciousness!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is a great way to use your leftover cranberry sauce.
- Perfect fuel for Black Friday shopping.
- It can be made in less than 5 minutes and ready to be enjoyed in no time.
- Great for even the pickiest of eaters because it has this stunning pink color.
Ingredients for this cranberry sauce smoothie.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this Thanksgiving leftover smoothie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Cranberry sauce- You can use homemade or storebought cranberry sauce for this but just know that the storebought one won’t taste as good as the homemade version!
- Milk– Use whichever milk you prefer. Dairy milk or dairy-free milk all work great.
- Greek yogurt– The Greek yogurt will add extra creaminess to our smoothie. If you are going for a dairy-free drink, you can use dairy-free unsweetened yogurt.
- Orange zest– This will tie all the flavors together and really make this smoothie taste super festive.
- Bananas– This will add a little extra sweetness to our drink.
How to make this leftover cranberry sauce smoothie?
This is how you can make this smoothie in no time! Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Place all of your ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
How to store any leftover smoothies?
You can store your leftover smoothie in a tightly closed mason jar in the fridge for up to 2 days.
What is the best way to store leftover cranberry sauce?
My favorite way to store it after Thanksgiving is in little ice cubes that way I can take it. a few and pop them in my smoothies whenever the craving hits.
Plus this way they will last a lot longer as opposed to their counterparts that end up going bad in the fridge a lot faster.
What is the best blender for this cranberry sauce smoothie?
Leftover cranberry sauce smoothie
Cranberry sauce smoothie
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ banana frozen
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy! You can also decorate your glass by spreading some greek yogurt on the sides to make it look like clouds. (the same way I did on the photos)