This cottage cheese pizza bowl dip is mouthwatering and bursting with flavor! Made with the same great taste as a pepperoni pizza, this cottage cheese mixture has sauce, cheese, seasonings, and the meat!
When you have pizza cravings but are trying to be on the healthy side, cottage cheese pizza bowl recipe a try!
Since you’re here and love a deliciously different cottage cheese recipe, check out this Mexican-style Cottage Cheese Queso Dip or this sweet Cottage Cheese Edible Cookie Dough that is absolutely perfect for a healthy dessert.
What’s the Best Way to Cook this Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl Dip?
This recipe shows you how to make the cottage cheese pizza dip in either the microwave or the oven / air fryer. Which one you choose will depend on how fast or how well you want the food to be cooked.
The microwave will get it done the fastest. With this method, the whole meal will be ready in under 5 minutes.
If you can wait a little longer, the oven or air fryer will give you a much better end result. It only takes a couple minutes longer, and it will give the cheese and pepperoni on top a crispy and baked texture.
Ingredients for this Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl Dip Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the exact measurements.
- Cottage Cheese: Get large curd or small curd depending on what texture of cottage cheese you want.
- Nutritional Yeast: has a distinct taste that helps the overall cheesy flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: Add these slowly and adjust to taste.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese: melts great and adds a gooey and stringy texture.
- Parmesan Cheese: has an intense and delicious flavor.
- Marinara Sauce: Grabbing a pre-made tomato sauce in a jar from the store is your easiest option. You can pick between different flavors such as garlic and mushroom or basil and bell pepper.
- Turkey Pepperoni: I prefer turkey pepperoni, but you can totally use regular pepperoni if you’d like.
- Dried Oregano: will give your dip that specific pizza flavor you’re looking for!
How to Make this Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl Dip Recipe
Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the full step-by-step instructions!
- To a blender, add the cottage cheese, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper, and a sprinkle of dried oregano. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the cottage cheese mixture into an oven-safe skillet for the air fryer or oven, or just a regular bowl for the microwave. Then top that with the marinara sauce and sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan on top. Decorate with the turkey pepperoni and an extra sprinkle of Oregano.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes or pop it in the oven or air fryer at 400F for 5-6 minutes. Enjoy with crackers, pita chips, or mini bell pepper halves.
Why You Need to Make this Recipe!
- This crustless pizza bowl recipe only requires a handful of simple ingredients that you can easily find at any grocery store.
- Switch it up and customize it to your liking by putting on your favorite pizza toppings.
- It’s great for game day, pizza night, or family gatherings.
- This dip has a very high protein content and is a great way to meal prep for the week ahead.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to Store Leftover Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl Dip
Pour your leftover dip into an airtight container such as a mason jar or small Tupperware bowl and place it in the fridge. It should keep up to one week.
The best thing to do though would be to have it fresh though because that’s when the texture is best!
Is This Pizza Cottage Cheese Bowl Keto?
Yes, it is! This is a very low carb pizza bowl that will fit perfectly into a low-carb diet, especially if you eat it just on its own. The only thing that would alter the keto aspect is whatever you used to dip into it.
What Flavor Variations Can I Make?
- Much like a Meat Lovers pizza, stir in or sprinkle some ground beef, shredded chicken, bacon or turkey bacon for extra grams of protein.
- Throw in some Extra Veggies for delicious flavors and nutritional value. Some of my favorite toppings are red onions, black olives, fresh basil, green bell peppers, or pepperoncini peppers.
- More Seasonings will add more delicious pizza flavors to your dip. Try a sprinkle of garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, or extra Italian seasoning.
Can I Make a Light Version of this Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl Dip?
You definitely can make a diet version of this dip in a low calorie way. This is the list of ingredients you will need for it:
- Get low fat cottage cheese or fat-free cottage cheese.
- Grab low fat mozzarella cheese.
- Make sure to use turkey pepperoni over pork pepperoni.
The Best Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl Dip Recipe
Cottage cheese pizza bowl dip TIKTOK VIRAL RECIPE
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 1 tablepsoon nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup mozzarella
- 2 tablespoon parmesan
- ⅓ cup marinara sauce
- 8 slices turkey pepperoni optional
- dried Oregano
- To a blender add the cottage cheese, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper, and a sprinkle of dried oregano. Blend until smooth.8 oz cottage cheese, 1 tablepsoon nutritional yeast, salt and pepper, dried Oregano
- Pour the cottage cheese mixture into an oven-safe dish then top that with the marinara sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan on top. Decorate with the turkey pepperoni and an extra sprinkle of Oregano.½ cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoon parmesan, ⅓ cup marinara sauce, 8 slices turkey pepperoni
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes or pop in the oven or air fryer at 400F for 5-8 minutes. Enjoy with crackers or slices of mini bell peppers.