This chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe is one of the best most delicious sweet treats ever. Made with simple ingredients, this chocolate chip cookie dough is then spread into an even layer to create an ooey gooey cookie skillet. Top that with ice cream, caramel, or your favorite chocolate sauce for an extra decadent dessert.
Since you are here, make sure to check out these individual chocolate chip cookies, this cookie and cream skillet cookie recipe, this snickerdoodle skillet cookie, and these chocolate stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
The bigger the better might not always be right but when it comes to chocolate chip cookies, a chocolate chip skillet cookie or pizookie will 100% make you feel better every time.
It is made just like a regular chocolate chip cookie but instead of scooping and baking each small cookie individually, we are baking it in a cast-iron skillet for ultimate gooeyeness and wow factor.
This is the best chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe ever.
The best part about this recipe is that is so so soft and gooey in the center but has the perfect crispy edges because it is baked in a skillet. It is dense, chocolatey, and extra indulgent with toppings. You have to try this and share it with your friends and family. Trust me when I tell you they will be obsessed. Happy baking!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It only uses one bowl which means less cleanup!
- This recipe is so fun to make, and a great way to get your little ones involved in decorating the top of the skillet cookie with chocolate chunks or chips.
- It’s so versatile meaning you can play around with the mix-ins. Add a mixture of chocolate chips and nuts or even peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips for a fun and delicious twist.
- This dessert is definitely a show stopper so if you ever have an event or are hosting friends and family at home, making this would definitely leave them wanting more.
Ingredients for this skillet chocolate chip cookie
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe a home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar- We use a mixture of sugar to give it that traditional classic chocolate chip cookie flavor and texture.
- Vanilla extract
- Flour- All-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Baking soda & baking powder
- Salt- Always add a little salt in your baked goods to balance out their sweetness.
- Chocolate chips– I used semi-sweet chocolate chips but feel free to use dark chocolate, white chocolate, or even chopped chocolate in this recipe.
How to make this giant chocolate chip cookie in a skillet?
This is how you can make this chocolate chip skillet cookie at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until combined.
- Add in the eggs, and vanilla extract and mix to combine again.
- Gently fold it the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula just until the flour disappears.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with butter or nonstick cooking spray then spread the cookie dough evenly.
- Top with extra chocolate chips and bake in the oven.
- Allow it to cool down for a little bit once out of the oven then top it with vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store this ooey gooey chocolate chip skillet cookie
Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. If you served any ice cream on top of it, store it in the fridge instead because of the dairy and moisture in the ice cream.
How to serve this giant warm cookie?
You can serve this in a few ways. Either place it in the center of the table and allow everyone to dip in with their spoon or allow it to cool down enough for you to be able to slice it and serve on a plate.
What to top this ooey-gooey skillet cookie with?
There is a good reason why most places will serve you a giant skillet cookie with some sort of topping. It’s both the wow factor as well as just a way to elevate your dessert in general. Here are a few of my favorite toppings when it comes to this gooey goodness:
- Scoops of vanilla ice cream or my personal favorite vanilla with caramel swirls ice cream!
- Chocolate syrup
- Flaky sea salt
- Caramel sauce
Of course, feel free to mix and match. A few of these together on this giant cookie will be absolute perfection.
The ultimate chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe
The Best Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie recipe
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 & ⅓ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 & ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F then grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.¾ cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix again to combine.2 eggs, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt just until the flour mixture disappears. Fold in the chocolate chips making sure not to overmix.2 & ⅓ cup flour, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared baking sheet and gently pat it into a flat layer. Add extra chocolate chips on top if you would like.1 & ½ cup chocolate chips
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-27 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is slightly puffy and gooey.
- Allow this chocolate chip pizookie to cool down before topping it with ice cream and enjoying it!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment