These sprinkle sugar cookies are simple and delicious classic chewy sugar cookies with sprinkles added to them for a fun twist and pop of color. This is the perfect sugar cookie recipe to make for birthdays, easter, Christmas, or even Valentine’s day or Halloween. They are best served at room temperature or warm with a tall glass of milk.
Since you are here, you will also enjoy this classic sugar cookie recipe, these no spread sugar cookies that you can make using any cookie cutter for decorating, this chocolate stuffed chocolate chip cookie recipe, Christmas sugar cookie bars, as well as these cheesecake chocolate chip cookies.
This is the best sugar funfetti cookie recipe ever!
There is something about funfetti sugar cookies that hits the spot every time. Whether you make it for the holidays or just as a weeknight spot this recipe is perfect for any occasion.
It allows you to use any kind of sprinkles you like to really fit the theme that you are going for. I love using nonpareil sprinkles or regular rainbow sprinkles since that’s what attracts most people and of course, I want to make everyone happy!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Fun and Colorful: Sprinkle cookies are a fun and vibrant treat that will add some color to your day and make your taste buds dance.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just want to add some fun to your day, sprinkle cookies are perfect for any occasion.
- Easy to Customize: With so many different kinds of sprinkles available, you can customize your sprinkle cookies to suit your tastes or the occasion you’re celebrating.
- Simple Ingredients: The ingredients needed to make sprinkle cookies are simple and easy to find, making this an easy and accessible recipe for any home baker.
- No chill time: These cookies require no chill time and are made in a simple bowl meaning less cleanup!
Ingredients for this Sprinkle sugar cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these sprinkle soft sugar cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You will need to use softened butter for this cookie recipe.
- Granulated sugar– The white granulated sugar will make your sugar cookies nice and chewy.
- Brown sugar– While the little amount of brown sugar will keep your sugar cookies soft and melt in your mouth. No need for the egg yolk because we want our homemade cookies to stay light.
- Egg while– The egg white used in this cookie dough recipe will be the binding ingredient.
- Vanilla– These are vanilla sugar cookies after all so use some good quality vanilla extract or vanilla beans if you can.
- Flour– All-purpose flour works great in this recipe.
- baking soda– Baking soda and the baking powder will keep your cookies soft and will give them a little lift as well.
- Salt- Salt balances out the level of sweetness in your sweets so always add a tiny pinch of salt when baking.
- Rainbow sprinkles– I like to mix my sprinkle in the cookie dough but feel free to grab a bowl of sprinkles and roll your cookies in that as well.
How to make Sprinkle sugar cookies
This is how you can make this cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Add in the egg white, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixture, mixing on low speed until just combined.
- Fold in the colorful sprinkles using a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula.
- Scoop out 2-3 tablespoons of dough and roll them into balls using the palms of your hands. If you want even more fun sugar cookies roll them in extra sprinkles before baking.
- Place the balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, about 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball of dough slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven and let the baked cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to an airtight container.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Can I use a hand mixer instead of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment?
Yes, you can use an electric mixer instead of a stand mixer, you can even make these cookies by hand!
Do I need to chill the dough before baking?
This is a no-chill cookie dough recipe, so no need to chill it before baking.
Can I use different types of sprinkles?
Yes, you can use any type of sprinkles you like! Festive rainbow sprinkles, green sprinkles for St. Patrick’s Day, or Halloween sprinkles for Halloween are all great options.
Can I freeze these cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Once you are ready to enjoy them pull them out of the freezer and thaw them in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours.
Sprinkle sugar cookie recipe
The best sprinkle sugar cookies
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F, then line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together using a paddle attachement until light in color and fluffy. Add in the egg white and the vanilla and mix again for 30 seconds or until fully incorporated.½ cup butter, ½ cup granulated sugar, 3 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 large egg white, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix just until the flour disappears. Fold in the sprinkles then using a small cookie scooper (2tbsp), scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls, roll them in the sugar, and place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Make sure to leave 2 inches between each cookie because they will spread.1 &½ cup all purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅓ cup sprinkles
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes, pull them out and let them rest on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a cooling wrack. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
These were mouth watering delicious!!!