Chocolate no churn ice cream with brownie bites that’s waayyy better than store bought ice cream?! Yes, please! This no churn chocolate ice cream is creamy, chocolatey and satisfies all your summer ice cream cravings…while still not requiring an ice cream machine. This is truly a dream come true.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Summer is literally right around the corner. This year has gone by so quickly… Especially with this whole corona thing, I don’t even know what day it is anymore. I’m sure I’m not the only that feels this way either!
In reality, I am a little torn about summer this year. The reason being is that everything is closed. Even my apartment’s pool is closed because they said that the governor hasn’t given them the okay to open up yet…
To top all that off, I might not get to travel and see my family this year which fills me with pain and sorrows. Nothing will make me feel better about this really but it doesn’t hurt to try right?
Chocolate ice cream has always been the ultimate comfort food for me. It is sweet, creamy, packed with chocolate and easy to make when you’re not feeling to up for anything.
Luckily for me and for everyone around the world, we have internet and easy ways to communicate with the people we love. Because let me tell you, if Zoom, Viber or Skype were not a thing we would all be going through some feelings that are a lot worse than what I am feeling right now…
Anyways, less sadness and more
Chocolate brownie no churn ice cream!
This recipe was technically supposed to be a simple no churn chocolate ice cream but since I had just shot a video of my famous no cocoa powder brownies and had leftover I decided to add them in too!
It’s almost like cookie dough ice cream but brownie chunk ice cream. It is very rich so usually one or two scoops do it for me, but hey feel free to have the whole thing!
What’s so special about this no churn chocolate ice cream?
When I made this no churn chocolate ice cream I wanted to make it as good as store bought ice cream and maybe even better! I am happy to say that I succeeded in that, it:
- Is as creamy as can be
- Has a strong chocolate flavor
- Contains chunks of fudge brownies
- Is super easy to make
- Does not require a machine
- Will impress anyone that tries it!
What is no churn ice cream?
When I say no churn ice cream, I mean ice cream that can be made without an ice cream maker! Yes, you heard that right… You don’t need an ice cream maker to make this delicious and rich chocolate ice cream from scratch.
Traditionally, ice cream is made by making an egg custard, chilling it then adding it to the ice cream machine and churning it for 25-40 minutes. The result is incredible!
Unfortunately, ice cream machines can be bulky and take up too much space especially if you live in a small apartment like myself. I have so many appliances and I just can’t get an ice cream maker too and not have where to store it. So homemade churned ice cream is out of the picture.
But don’t let that stop you, because you can make incredible ice cream by whipping up your heavy cream first and then adding the rest of your ingredients to easily make a sublime rich ice cream!
Ingredients for no churn ice cream
- Heavy whipping cream– You will need a heavy whipping cream that has at least 30% fat. The more the better or course.
- Dark chocolate chips– This no churn chocolate ice cream recipe uses both melted chocolate and cocoa powder for a deep chocolatey ice cream flavor.
- Sweetened condensed milk– This is what will make our no churn ice cream sweet.
- Dutch processed cocoa powder– I love dutch processed cocoa powder, it has a darker color and a deeper more chocolatey flavor.
- Salt– Salt = depth of flavor.
- Vanilla- Vanilla and chocolate go so well together!
- Brownie bits– I used my super fudgy and super popular no cocoa brownie recipe to use for the bits in this chocolate ice cream.
More chocolate treats you will love!
How to make chocolate no churn ice cream?
Start by melting the chocolate chip in the microwave or over a double boiler.
When the chocolate is melted add in the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, and the salt and whisk until smooth.
Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer whip up the cream on medium-high speed until the cream holds stiff peaks. This should take 3-4 minutes, keep an eye on the whipped cream so that it doesn’t turn into butter.
Scoop about a third of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and gently mix it in. Once it’s combined add in the rest of the whipped cream and fold the two mixtures together. Make sure to not over mix at this point. You don’t want to deflate the mixture. Add in the brownie bits and gently fold.
Spread in an 8-inch loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 5 hours or until firm. I usually like to freeze it overnight.
When you are ready to serve this ice cream pull it out of the freezer and let it sit at room temp for 5-10 minutes depending on the temperature of the room. Scoop and enjoy!
Check out this no churn vanilla bean and dulce de leche ice cream recipe!
Can I make this double chocolate brownie ice cream ahead of time?
Absolutely! It is always better to make your ice cream ahead of time so that you give it enough time to freeze and set.
How long will no churn ice cream last?
This chocolate ice cream will last in the freezer for up to two weeks. Make sure to place it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap so it stays as fresh as possible.
Tips to make the best no churn ice cream
This no churn ice cream recipe is super easy. By following these tips, you will make an incredible ice cream that no one can resist.
- High fat heavy whipping cream- Make sure to use a heavy whipping cream that has at least 36% fat.
- Use dark chocolate- Using dark chocolate in essential in this recipe. I have made this chocolate brownie ice cream with semi sweet chocolate chips and the result came out too sweet. If you do’t have any dark chocolate and need to use your semi sweet chocolate, make sure to reduce the amount of sweetened condensed milk in the recipe.
- Cut your brownies into small pieces- Cut your brownies into super small bites in order to not overwhelm yourself when you take bites of this delicious summer ice cream.
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Chocolate No Churn Ice Cream with brownies
Chocolate no churn ice cream with brownie bits is what dreams are made of. It is creamy, chocolatey and best of all had bits of real fudgy brownies.
Chocolate no churn ice cream with brownies
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream Very cold
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk At room temperature.
- 1/3 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups brownie bits Homemade or store bought
- Start by melting the chocolate chip in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- When the chocolate is melted add in the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, and the salt and whisk until smooth.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer whip up the cream and vanilla on medium-high speed until the cream holds stiff peaks. This should take 3-4 minutes, keep an eye on the whipped cream so that it doesn't turn into butter.
- Scoop about a third of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and gently mix it in. Once it's combined add in the rest of the whipped cream and fold the two mixtures together. Make sure to not over mix at this point. You don't want to deflate the mixture.
- Add in the brownie bits and gently fold.
- Spread in an 8-inch loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 5 hours or until firm. I usually like to freeze it overnight.
- When you are ready to serve this ice cream pull it out of the freezer and let it sit at room temp for 5-10 minutes depending on the temperature of the room. Scoop and enjoy!
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here. I hope you enjoyed this perfect summer treat, if you give this chocolate ice cream a go I would love to head how yours turned out in the comments below.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!